What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am currently on iv and feeling a little less pain. they are trying to decide if they will change my meds. I will be ready to go when

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

looks like I will be here in the er o þver night oto monitor my pain levels and have ct and xrays of my chest. they also want to make sure I get a good sleep so will give me something.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

We enjoyed the Danish Club lunch. We had shrimp, roast beast, ham with "Italian salad", matjes herring, smoked salmon, Danish liver pâté, roast pork with prunes and stewed dried apricots, and Danish akvavit.

After the luncheon we went to a Polish patisserie and both of us headed straight for the pickled herring. We headed back to the suburbs and found a new resto supply store. That was a lot of fun. You don't want to know how much CWS spent. ;) Finally we hit the health food store and had more fun.

Home for Margueritas
fiesta.gif
and then to the local (walk to) Greek resto. We shared a grilled platter of shrimp, chicken, and medaillons. There were roast potatoes and "Spanish rice" (only Stirling ate that). Oh yeah, we started with the salad bar which has one of my favourites - taramosalata.

All in all, a fun day!

TL & CWS

Yes, we may be slightly under the influence of hootch.

Sounds like you guys had a great time!

We just flew back from Mexico, and man, are my arms tired! (badum- bum/rimshot).

We needed at least 3 more days there, did not get in nearly as much as we wanted to. I just made myself a screwdriver with the 1/8th inch of orange juice I brought back from the airport. DH went to bed.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Last edited:
Dawg.....sound like a blast. :) Bet ya didn't wanna come home, lol. :LOL:

Taxy and CWS, how fun that you got together!

LP, my thoughts and prayers are with you. :)

This is TB.

LP wanted me to check in before I go to bed to let you know she is resting comfortably, well as comfortable as she can. They were giving her something to sleep and for the pain when I left. The tests will be done in the morning and she can probably leave by noon. She also apologizes for the state of her posts - they were done on her phone under the influence of morphine....still the perfectionist even in pain! :LOL:

This is TB.

LP wanted me to check in before I go to bed to let you know she is resting comfortably, well as comfortable as she can. They were giving her something to sleep and for the pain when I left. The tests will be done in the morning and she can probably leave by noon. She also apologizes for the state of her posts - they were done on her phone under the influence of morphine....still the perfectionist even in pain! :LOL:

Thank you, TB. Good thing I speak "morphine". I hope she gets the rest she needs.

Hope they are able to get her pain under control and her mess straight. You're all in my prayers.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Hi everyone, I am back home.

That was not how I planned to spend my Wednesday night, but I have to say I feel better for it. Between all the medication and the new state of the art ER rooms, I got the best sleep I have had in a long time. Many of you have seen my late night posts.

The tests showed that my conditions are progressing at a steady rate so my regular pain medications were adjusted accordingly. If I can get back to my manageable levels I will be happy. With chronic pain you are never without it, but I have a lot of methods of keeping it under control. That is always my goal.

They have also requested an MRI but that may take months to book.

Thanks for your concern and well-wishers. PF, I figured you could understand my morphine-speak! LOL

Hi everyone, I am back home.

That was not how I planned to spend my Wednesday night, but I have to say I feel better for it. Between all the medication and the new state of the art ER rooms, I got the best sleep I have had in a long time. Many of you have seen my late night posts.

The tests showed that my conditions are progressing at a steady rate so my regular pain medications were adjusted accordingly. If I can get back to my manageable levels I will be happy. With chronic pain you are never without it, but I have a lot of methods of keeping it under control. That is always my goal.

They have also requested an MRI but that may take months to book.

Thanks for your concern and well-wishers. PF, I figured you could understand my morphine-speak! LOL

I'm glad you're doing better, LP. I've been keeping you in my thoughts.

Did you really get up and rob that liquor store in your hospital gown? :LOL:

Glad you're back home and feeling better, LP!!

DH would not know how to come on here and give you guys an update. TB did a good job!

Glad you're back home and feeling better, LP!!

DH would not know how to come on here and give you guys an update. TB did a good job!
TB is a "retired" computer programmer/instructor so knows his way around a Database site. Also, I have DC come up with the "what are you doing?" thread when my browser opens! ;)

I didn't mean to scare you guys but to be honest, I scared myself a little when the pain got so unmanageable. The doctor I had was one I trust and is familiar with chronic pain. I also called the physiotherapist from my pain clinic and she reminded me of some gentle stretches to keep my muscles and joints moving but not over stressed.

On the way home from the hospital TB stopped and got me a pineapple milkshake (a tradition for anyone in either of our families that are in the hospital) and that helped a great deal!:innocent:

Back
Top Bottom