What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What am I doing? Moaning and groaning! I need a nap. So I lay down and of course become wide awake. Come over to the computer and can hardly keep my eyes open. :angel:

Just got back from our local farmers market, he had his sweet corn ready. He said it is a little small yet so he was charging $6 for 14 ears, and worth every cent, he has the best tasting corn you can ever buy. There is only going to be two of us here for supper tonight so I only bought 7 for $3. Can't wait.:yum:

Just got back from our local farmers market, he had his sweet corn ready. He said it is a little small yet so he was charging $6 for 14 ears, and worth every cent, he has the best tasting corn you can ever buy. There is only going to be two of us here for supper tonight so I only bought 7 for $3. Can't wait.:yum:

:yum: You have my mouth watering. :angel:

If you don't mind my asking, where are you from? Here in PA we don't have any local corn yet. I remember growing up when corn on the cob was our dinner, all by itself. Now it's a side dish.

LPBier, glad to see you're back home.

Addie, I am the same way sometimes.

Mom's not doing well today. Sick in stomach and threw up twice this am. She called out of work for tonight and if she's not feeling better might be another ER run. She also took her first probiotic with her antibiotics yesterday am. Could that have anything to do with it?

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

She also took her first probiotic with her antibiotics yesterday am. Could that have anything to do with it?

While I couldn't possibly say if that could give her problems---- I do know, as a long time taker of antibiotics for Lyme disease, that we're always instructed to take probiotics as far away from antibiotics as possible.

If you don't mind my asking, where are you from? Here in PA we don't have any local corn yet. I remember growing up when corn on the cob was our dinner, all by itself. Now it's a side dish.

I live in the beautiful state of Iowa. He usually has the corn by the 4th of July so it is a little late this year. I also remember when we just had corn on the cob for supper.

Here in the South, we've been eating corn on the cob for weeks! While I'm not crazy about the heat, I love the long growing season we have. We grilled some corn for lunch yesterday and I made corn and black bean salsa with tomatoes, lime juice and cilantro for dinner. Delish!

I live in the beautiful state of Iowa. He usually has the corn by the 4th of July so it is a little late this year. I also remember when we just had corn on the cob for supper.

Aha! I had a sneaking suspicion you were a fellow Iowaegien. I'll be on the lookout for corn too.

I'm putting off finishing the business of unpacking and laundry. Suitcases are still in the middle of the floor.

Last edited:
While I couldn't possibly say if that could give her problems---- I do know, as a long time taker of antibiotics for Lyme disease, that we're always instructed to take probiotics as far away from antibiotics as possible.

So if she were to take an antibiotic in the morning, she either should take the probiotic in the evening or not take it at all?

Grandson just left to volunteer at a local bingo. We sure had a good supper before he left, sweet corn, cheese burgers and for dessert it was ice cream with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.

So if she were to take an antibiotic in the morning, she either should take the probiotic in the evening or not take it at all?

She should take the probiotic. Is her antibiotic once a day or twice? If it's twice a day, take the probiotic at lunch time with a meal. Once a day antibiotic, take the probiotic at night with a light snack.

The probiotic will help her avoid having diarrhea caused by the antibiotic.

I took a nap late this afternoon. When I woke up I stood up and my legs gave out. They were in so much pain, I couldn't stand. What the hell is going on. So I took two Vicodin. I usually only take one, sometimes only a half.

Two Vicodin are one more than my system can handle. I got so sick. Spike was here. We went back over what I had done during the day. When I mentioned the Vicodin, he realized what I was experience was a slight overdose. My system can not handle two. It is just a too high a dose for me.

So I ask Spike how long will this strange sick feeling last. He figures out what the direction say for a full day of taking them, does the math and tells me two hours at the least. He was right. I am just beginning to feel it leaving my system. What I don't understand is folks who want to commit suicide by overdosing with pills. If they have to go through what I just went through, it is a lousy way to die. And I only took two. I am supposed to take two four times a day. Time to talk to my doctor. A very scary moment for me. :angel:

What strength are your Vicodin, you can answer me in PM if you want. I know I had problems with the 7.5 dose, but not the 5 or 10. Unexplainable, but there it is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom