What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you so much, Addie. My mom and my kids / grandkids mean so much to me. I don't know what I would do if something happened to any of them.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

cj, Spike and I had a serious ten minute talk of what I expect of him when my time comes. He is the strong one and the one I know I can rely on to carry out my wishes. The Pirate and my daughter will fall apart. One step below useless in an emergency. Poo, he is the medical one and can explain to the others exactly what happened. I think every child should sit down and have "that" talk together with their parents. :angel:

Bakechef - congrats to your friends and best wishes to their getting-bigger family. Babies are sooo sweet....till you have to change the diaper! :mrgreen:

cj - glad your Mom is doing better again. Hope THIS time she's all better and stays that way when you bring her home.

Addie - glad you had a good day. With the weather acting up I was afraid all your joints would be aching.

Kayelle - sorry to hear about all your sad losses all at once. With all the many years of happiness that you've had with your loved ones I'm sure you have lots of great memories to think back on.

Katie - if you have too many tomatoes I'd like to take a few off your hands. :yum:

I'm sitting and watching TV, thankful we still have electricity after the storms that moved through earlier tonight. Not only do I have TV, which I could live without, but we still have air conditioning! Makes sleeping on a humid night so much easier.

We just got the first paperwork from our cruise - TB's dietary needs list! They will allow 3 items from each category per day and more items are $2.00 each. We are talking gluten free here (no charge or limits for dairy free). The categories are bread products, pasta, desserts and Miscellaneous (cold cereals, pizza, pancakes). That is totally doable and reasonable!

I have put myself down for a mostly vegetarian diet which means I can just pick and choose from the menu.

Getting this notice makes the cruise a little more real...that and the fact I paid my rather large Visa bill last month! :LOL:

We just got the first paperwork from our cruise - TB's dietary needs list! They will allow 3 items from each category per day and more items are $2.00 each. We are talking gluten free here (no charge or limits for dairy free). The categories are bread products, pasta, desserts and Miscellaneous (cold cereals, pizza, pancakes). That is totally doable and reasonable!

I have put myself down for a mostly vegetarian diet which means I can just pick and choose from the menu.

Getting this notice makes the cruise a little more real...that and the fact I paid my rather large Visa bill last month! :LOL:

What cruise line are you using LP? We have no diet restrictions but all the people we have dined with that have had restrictions have been more than pleased with how it was handled. You should be well taken care of from what I've observed. I'm really getting excited for you!!

You might be interested in reading our trip story about the cruise to Alaska 2007.
http://stevekathytravels.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/northtoalaskajune2007.pdf

Last edited:
What am I doing now?

I am getting ready to have kids!

No, I am not expecting, not adopting. A young woman who has lived with us on and off had to end her marriage last November due to abuse. She phoned victim's services to find out whether the warrant and order of protection are in place in case he comes back in the province. Victim's Services hears my AD's ("adopted daughter") son scream in the background and called 911 who called the Ministry of Social Services who removed the children from the house. There is a little more to it than that, but it gives you the idea (and I don't want to debate this, it is just part of MY story).

Anyway, her friend couldn't take the kids (girl 4, boy 3) because she has three of her own. AD's parent's had them last night but the Ministry doesn't want them to stay there....so we are the next best thing. I know it is going to be tough with my health, but I love children and really want to help them out. It shouldn't be for too long.

Laurie, I won't ask any nosy questions. Have fun with the kids, but don't overexert yourself.

I just got off the phone with Kaspersky. I could have sworn I cancelled the auto-renew. I found a charge on my credit card, because it had auto-renewed. They have promised to give me a refund. This time I have email confirmation for the credit and for the cancellation of the auto-renew.

That's so kind of you, LP!

I yanked out a bunch of dayflowers that have taken over one of our borders and embedded themselves into the lilies and shrubs. They have beautiful blue flowers, but are noxious weeds and will take over everything if not held in check. I'm not done with them yet, but kinda scratched up from climbing through the shrubs.

Then went to the pool. It was warmer today than it was yesterday.

That's really nice of you LP. Have fun with the kiddos but don't over-do.

I'm resting my feet after standing all day. First I cleaned out a lot of stuff in the basement, setting it aside for an eventual garage sale. I'm planning on September, hoping the weather will be cooler than August since our garage faces due east and it is hot as Hades from morning until around 1:30 or 2:00 PM most summer days. After cleaning, I made supper. I should go on strike until Himself does some work around here. Himself is much too spoiled. :LOL:

Well, we just finished moving rooms around, stashing all chemicals and sharps out of reach and making a nice big room for the kids. But they ended up being scared in there and are passed out in the living room. The girl is on the couch and the 3 year old boy is in my lift chair. We moved into my studio (which originally was our bedroom) but are just squeezed in at the moment.

TB is sleeping, but my legs are sore and I am wide awake. The kids adapted to us immediately. We are trying to show them love and at the same time show them some discipline. I love having kids in the house!

Violet is being very protective of them, sleeping close by and watching if they fuss. Monkey hid until they were asleep!

I am trying to figure out ways how best to avoid being a victim of today's soaring heat. When the heat is quite high (29 degrees - no wind/humid), it can be a problem for the elderly, pregnant and the young. I am 64 and have high blood pressure. I would not normally go out under these conditions but I am scheduled to visit my mother.

I have a small hand fan, a water spray and will be taking a container with chilled water with ice. If I walk slowly, I should be OK. (I am inclined to run for a bus though :ermm:)

Feel quite loggy this morning, have a meeting at 8:30 am. At least I am ready for the meeting, now to get there.

I was scheduled to go to Winthrop this morning. Had a bad night. Finally took one Vicodin at four this morning and now not so achy. Got some much needed sleep. I woke up at ten and the door bell rang about two seconds after I opened my eyes. Winthrop called me to check up on me.

I still have a lingering cough, so decided to not go to Winthrop. Just as I was talking to Winthrop telling her about the still lingering cough, I took a coughing fit. "Nuff said to her about that. She got the message. Told her I was going to be selfish and not share it others. She thanked me for being so thoughtful.

So my plans for the day are to empty the kitchen sink of the few dirty dishes and then sit and do some needlework. I also have to let Rosie out today so she can work also. Last night Spike brought me a pack of batteries for her virtual wall. The pack expired in 2011. It was a pack of twelve batteries. Five of them had leakage.

Time to take another Vicodin. Get my day off to a painless start and have more energy. :angel:

Bakechef - congrats to your friends and best wishes to their getting-bigger family. Babies are sooo sweet....till you have to change the diaper! :mrgreen:

cj - glad your Mom is doing better again. Hope THIS time she's all better and stays that way when you bring her home.

Addie - glad you had a good day. With the weather acting up I was afraid all your joints would be aching.

Kayelle - sorry to hear about all your sad losses all at once. With all the many years of happiness that you've had with your loved ones I'm sure you have lots of great memories to think back on.

Katie - if you have too many tomatoes I'd like to take a few off your hands. :yum:

I'm sitting and watching TV, thankful we still have electricity after the storms that moved through earlier tonight. Not only do I have TV, which I could live without, but we still have air conditioning! Makes sleeping on a humid night so much easier.

Gee, none of that storm or any other made it to my part of town. Just a few rain drops. :angel:

So I am sitting here and have a questions for all the housekeepers. I have the cloth and am ready to go out to fill a pot with hot soapy water so I can take apart the floor fan and clean it. The problem is I don't have a basin for such jobs. And I hate the thought of using a cooking utensil for a dirty household job. But I don't have a choice. What do all of you use for a container when washing woodwork, or cleaning other parts of your home with water? I know, the pot can be cleaned after with clean hot soapy water. It is just the idea that I should have a particular basin or such for this kind of cleaning. :angel:

Don't have a bucket? How about an old coffee can? I've been known to use a dish washing basin.

I do have one, but it is one of those wringer type. It rings out the mop so you don't have to put your hands in the dirty water. And it would be very difficult to get your hands down into it.

I never even thought to buy one that I could use for cleaning. I think the coffee can would be too small to get my hands in with the cloth. After my first post, I had the bright idea to ask Spike if he has one of those lovely pink wash basins that you can take home from the hospital. Between him and Sandy, they have stock in the hospital. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom