What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plastic two gallon pails. Also, you can get 5 gallon buckets with a lid at Home Depot.

Definitely plastic. Metal would be too heavy for me to lift and carry.

Thanks for the ideas. Will give the problem to Spike to solve for me. I know he has plenty of buckets that he uses to take tools to a job. He has a plumbing bucket, a carpenter one, a wall one, etc. :angel:

...When the heat is quite high (29 degrees - no wind/humid), it can be a problem for the elderly, pregnant and the young. I am 64 and have high blood pressure...
Hmm, so you consider yourself "old" at 64? I'm 63 (and also have HBP) and don't think I'm anywhere near "qualified" to call myself old! :LOL: ~~ I suppose our takes on the weather have something to do with where we each live. From what other British posters have said over the years, you don't have anywhere near as many hot spells as parts of the U.S. have. We've already had a few stretches of 80+-degree-days, and both myself and my chubby hubby Himself (who also has HBP, diabetes, and is apparently very well-fed) have survived just fine.

I've been goofing off this evening. Decided to pull the cabinet under the sink apart earlier, wash everything down, and put it all back with a clean liner. I've got to rethink how I toss tea bags into the trash under there...I had splash marks on the BACK of the cabinet. :ohmy: Himself called me "Cody Allen". :ROFLMAO:

I've had a terrible time getting to a deep sleep lately..my brain just keeps racing over stuff I can't do anything about. Sigh. Tonight I thought I'd get up and wake myself up completely. Someone said doing this is like pressing your reset button.
OK.......I pressed the reset button so heading back to bed to see if it works.

Hmm, so you consider yourself "old" at 64? I'm 63 (and also have HBP) and don't think I'm anywhere near "qualified" to call myself old! :LOL: ~~ I suppose our takes on the weather have something to do with where we each live. From what other British posters have said over the years, you don't have anywhere near as many hot spells as parts of the U.S. have. We've already had a few stretches of 80+-degree-days, and both myself and my chubby hubby Himself (who also has HBP, diabetes, and is apparently very well-fed) have survived just fine.
Well I am now a pensioner! My body feels its age but I have an adolescent mind...e.g. I did stand up comedy in my 40's! :w00t2:

Yes the weather is all relative. We have a reputation here of moaning about the rain! :rolleyes: Surviving the heat depends on what you do. As mentioned, I had to go out (midday sun) so I was a bit worried. I didn't mention that I am overweight (another factor that make heat tolerance difficult). Anyway, I made it back home and live to type another day! ;)

Addie, Spike must have had those batteries for a very long time, because usually the expiration date is several years off in the future!

As is our usual summer custom, Bella and I watered the container plants out front and harvested what needed to come in.

It's still unseasonably cool here and is slightly overcast today. Nothing shows on the radar as far as precip goes so the laundry went on the line out back. I love to live dangerously.:rolleyes:

All the Friday chores are done save making our bed, but the linens are still drying on the line and probably won't be ready until late in the afternoon.

Tonight's supper will be plentiful leftovers from last night so I won't have to occupy my time with preparing it, which leaves me with lots and lots of free time to nibble away at some pesky little jobs that have been staring at me for a while.

I feel really, really good today. The last couple of days I've been not totally up to par and am glad I'm back to being my old self. Part of the problem has been my ever-present companion "Arthur." I'd love to kick him to the curb but he insists on occupying assorted areas of my body. I'm an impatient patient. Oh, well. Such is life.

Saw this on FB, and had to try it. Redneck speaker system! And it really works!

ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1405726366.808339.jpg

And the purpose of this is....... I am so lost on this one. But that is nothing new. I was born lost. :angel:

You need headphones to listen to music on iPods and smart phones. You can buy speakers that the iPhone/iPod plugs into but they can get expensive. These are jury rigged ways to make speakers to play music from these devices.

I tried Andy's method, it dried my mouth out too fast, plus I couldn't breathe...

The fillings in my teeth did help to get radio signals though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom