What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a 3 hour nap this afternoon, then had to get to work putting away my organic produce order. I started with this about a month ago - I order online and get it every Friday afternoon. It is great quality and good prices. We mainly get our produce and dairy products, though I also get some gluten free items as well.

Tonight I am catching up on American Ninja Warrior (yes, I freely admit to it!) and cuddling with the fur kids. Today has been my most restful since my surgery.

I'm trying to talk myself into going to bed. I'm still fairly sore from the shopping spree and am tired too, but I took a long nap and now i am just hanging out.

I think I'll just read awhile and hopefully get sleepy enough to go to bed.

Later, folks,

Goin' to a hog roast, baby, next evening (sung to the tune of "Lookin' for Some Hot Love.")

I toasted some sesame seeds and made up the Dragon Lady noodles that I plan to take to the potluck/pig roast tomorrow. Allowed DH a taste, and he grunted, "More. Want more."

Last edited:
Uh oh...better hide them in the back of the fridge, dawg. ;) :LOL:

I just paid utility bills online for last month. $125 total for gas, electric, and water. I'm loving that. :) Searching for a movie to watch and having a bowl of Tin Roof Sundae ice cream.

...I am not happy with his thinking, but there is not much I can do about it. So I am just praying and hoping his boss stops him before he tries to go back to work. :angel:
It's good that Poo is that dedicated to his job. But YOU know he needs to recover fully before he should go back. Hopefully he needs a doctor's clearance before he's allowed to return to work. Now all you have to hope for is that the doctor has more common sense!

..I got quite a few items that were lower sodium, but wish some of the chips companies would come out with less sodium products. I miss my snacks.

Have you tried making homemade potato chips in the microwave? Himself got the bright idea to try it one day - probably saw it on Alton Brown's "Good Eats" on Hulu. Anyway, I found a recipe here: Microwave Potato Chips Recipe | Eating Well We did ours on a paper plate. (be warned - I did see a comment by someone who used her regular, retired Pfaltzgraf plate that ended up getting crazed) You could probably season it with a low- or no-salt seasoning. We tried it and they turned out pretty much OK!

Just winding down before bed after another Free Fun Friday outing. This time we were in Concord, visiting the Concord Museum. Historical museums are more of a review for us. We've walked battlefields and towns, visiting homes and merchants all over, for all the decades we've been married. Still, each one has at least one unique twist that makes it worthwhile. Today we got to see one of the two original lanterns that Paul Revere hung in the steeple of the Old North Church.

Afterwards, we wandered through a couple of shops on Main Street, then headed about 10 miles away to Penzeys. Quick and cheap trip today since all I had to buy were the two items I forgot were on my list when we made an impromptu stop in July on the way back from OH.

Don't know where to, but we might disappear tomorrow too. Our next door neighbor is having a party for their son, who is in the Army and is leaving for Korea on Tuesday. Thank goodness it wasn't the Middle East!

I thought there's only 3 colors of pepper, red, green and yellow. ( i also didnt know that green pepper were the "before" stage of red pepper- hahahaha) There's orange and purple? Cool. I dont know if it's just me or Indonesia do only have three colors of peppers.

I'm currently sitting in a coffeeshop trying to stay awake waiting for my mom coloring her hair. Just did groceries for next week lunch and bought lego for a quiet satnite! :)

Let's talk food!

Wait- i'm sorry.. I thought the previous posts were talking about peppers? I typed and clicked reply and the post about peppers changed into other posts. My apologies.. This app still confuse me :s

Let's talk food!

I'm back from shopping. All the groceries are put away, although there are some things that will need prep - separating, packaging, freezing some.

Most of the prep work can be put off until tomorrow after my back has had a chance to rest.

I got a huge (9.9 #) pork sirloin. It's cut into two pieces, one fairly large, the other huge.

The bigger piece is now braising in beer at 275°.

I got quite a few items that were lower sodium, but wish some of the chips companies would come out with less sodium products. I miss my snacks.

Zhizara,

Look for these, they have them in our local Walmart and some of the chain grocery stores.
e0a70f72bdae9885bfc32d7cd19a26a1_M.jpg

Regular Chips

It's good that Poo is that dedicated to his job. But YOU know he needs to recover fully before he should go back. Hopefully he needs a doctor's clearance before he's allowed to return to work. Now all you have to hope for is that the doctor has more common sense!

I think if he shows any sign of weakness, the whole medical community will come down on him and make him go home. They are very fond of Poo and don't want to see anything happen to him. It's like he has a very large family in the hospital. :angel:

Today's The Day

Our adopted son is getting married in just a few hours
Were all excited for him and his new bride.She's a sweetheart.
I barely slept all night.

We did both for the wedding gift ideas.I one upped it again.Didn't mean to make the bride to be tear up.She loved it because it was a personal gift from me that will be handed down to their kids someday.

The coolest thing is I'm finally going to get pics of my sons in suits.They don't like putting one on.

I've lost the invitation,hopefully security will let me in.Or boy, is the groom going to get a txt from MOM!:ohmy::LOL:

Gotta get ready.Practice walking in heels before I go public.:LOL:
Will post pics when I get back.

We did both for the wedding gift ideas.I one upped it again.Didn't mean to make the bride to be tear up.She loved it because it was a personal gift from me that will be handed down to their kids someday.

The coolest thing is I'm finally going to get pics of my sons in suits.They don't like putting one on.

I've lost the invitation,hopefully security will let me in.Or boy, is the groom going to get a txt from MOM!:ohmy::LOL:

Congrats, Munky! Enjoy!

Hey Munky....you did both what? I missed something somewhere. I remember talking about a wedding gift but I missed the bottom line.
Drat..she's probably gone by now.....can anyone direct me?

Oh how well I know that. I wear heels maybe every two years and for only the shortest time possibe. It is so difficult with my bad leg. No heel higher than 1.5 inches. I am now the pround owner of two pairs of heels. One silver that I wore to Poo's wedding seven years ago, and a lovely black pair that I wore to my birthday party. I amy never get to wear either pair again. Not if I am lucky. :angel:

The Pirate took me shopping and we just got back. I went to the Dollar Tree store first and he went into the Verizon store to see if his phone could be fixed. It was fried, but the girl there had a trade in that she just got and sold it to him for $60. It is a Razor with a much bigger screen. He is getting old man eyes and can see it again. I got some little things in the Dollar store like a pad of paper to have at the computer desk. I always have to grab a piece of paper off the printer.

I also got some hand soap and other little goodies. Spent the grand sum of $8.00. The we went over to Stop and Shop. The one thing I really needed was half and half. Oh dear God, please save me from Saturday when DiMoulas is not working and they are all going to either S&S or Shaw's. The Pirate got knocked right off his feet and took down a display with him in doing so. So the little old lady felt the resistance when her cart was up against him, but she pulled back and then rammed him. He didn't have a chance to get out of the way in time. We got the half and half and got out of there as fast as we could. Imagaine the customers of two stores with food stamp shoppers along with their regular customers on a Saturday. I will wait until Monday morning to do my monthly shopping. It was worsed than shopping the day before the July 4th holiday. Time to rest! :angel:

Aww, congratulations Munky, and best wishes to the happy couple! Looking forward to hearing about the wedding gifts you chose, and seeing pics. :) I hear ya on the heels - the last time I wore heels was at my oldest daughter's wedding 7 years ago. LOL

Back
Top Bottom