What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice pics, Munky, handsome family!

Picked more cherry toms and green beans. My counter top is full of produce and newly canned goodies. I also have a surplus of store-bought red grapes and cherries, so last chance to eat them, otherwise they're going into the freezer.

Very nice pic Munky! Looking forward to the official pictures when the groom gives you permission.

Our cable company offers the COZI network. It's full time old tv shows and movies from the early days. All your favorites from the 50s and 60s.I'm not in for a steady diet of the stuff, but it's a kick once in a while.
COZI is available on antenna too. Between that, MeTV, THIS-TV, Bounce, MOVIES!, theworks, and My RITV, Himself has more old movies and TV shows to pick from than there are hours in the day. The living room TV has all those channels set. The TV in the kitchen (and the converter box that summers in the basement but moves to the 2nd floor den during the cold months) are set to just the main digital stations. The only exceptions are the ".2" PBS stations, plus both 69.1 and 69.3 for ION in our area. I never watch those stations so I figure why have them in my way when I scan through.

I'm listening to the game and hoping my grumble guts settle soon. No church for me because I don't want to stray too far from home, but I do need to make a run to the corner grocery store (3/4 mile from our house) and pick up a couple items from their weekend sale selection. And I do not trust Himself to bring home the right stuff. :LOL:

I love the Utz Unsalted Potato Chips. I also buy unsalted pretzels. I don't have to worry about anyone else fighting me for them. LOL I am not big on salty foods.

I found out that I planted the wrong kind of hydrangeas. They both were gifts I received, and those plants are not suited to replanting in the yard. They grow big and bushy but don't get any flowers on them. For that, you are supposed to buy them at a nursery. Is there anything I can do to get them to bloom? I don't care if they blood pink or blue...just want flowers on the darn thing!

I love the Utz Unsalted Potato Chips. I also buy unsalted pretzels. I don't have to worry about anyone else fighting me for them. LOL I am not big on salty foods.

I found out that I planted the wrong kind of hydrangeas. They both were gifts I received, and those plants are not suited to replanting in the yard. They grow big and bushy but don't get any flowers on them. For that, you are supposed to buy them at a nursery. Is there anything I can do to get them to bloom? I don't care if they blood pink or blue...just want flowers on the darn thing!

What kind are they?

I am sitting here after watching the news and wondering if our friends in California got some of that rain. Or are they in the area where there are floods and mud slides. It seems like Calif. just can't seem to get it right. Drought or floods and mud slides.

I still haven't gone shopping. I have no idea what Spike is planning. If I don't hear from him by tomorrow I will get my EBT card from him and have The Pirate take me. I have never been in this Stop and Shop and have no idea how it is laid out. So it is going to be a looong shopping trip. At DeMoulas, I know which aisles I can skip. I hate having to learn a new store. I will stop at the Service Desk first and ask if they have a map of the store. Most stores do. I have nothing important to do today, so I am going to work on my needlework. The house is clean from top to bottom. I have had an arguement with The Pirate about picking up after himself. I am not his maid. If he feels he can't do that little thing, then he can no longer come here. I am in a real pissy ass mood today. I hope everyone just stays away from me until I get back to myself. :angel:

Last edited:
Addie, I hate learning a new store, too. We finally got a grocery store back in our local strip mall. Their prices are higher than I am accustomed to. Also, last night I bought a quart of milk. The sign said $1.25 but it rang up $1.33. I hate that. It's only a few cents, but each time they sell that item they are screwing someone. It's a brand new store, they shouldn't have that problem. Also, the same saurkraut I buy elsewhere for $2 is $2.99 there. I think this is going to be a place to shop when I'm in a hurry for one or 2 things. They do have a $1 section that keeps me from having to make a special trip to Dollar Tree for some things.

Addie, I hate learning a new store, too. We finally got a grocery store back in our local strip mall. Their prices are higher than I am accustomed to. Also, last night I bought a quart of milk. The sign said $1.25 but it rang up $1.33. I hate that. It's only a few cents, but each time they sell that item they are screwing someone. It's a brand new store, they shouldn't have that problem. Also, the same saurkraut I buy elsewhere for $2 is $2.99 there. I think this is going to be a place to shop when I'm in a hurry for one or 2 things. They do have a $1 section that keeps me from having to make a special trip to Dollar Tree for some things.

Carol,I don't know if you are aware, but in this state, if the sign say $1.25, then they HAVE to sell it at that price. They can lose their milk license for that. Next time let them know you will report them. They have the choice of taking the sign down or allowing you to pay the advertised price. And of course you know there is no tax on food items in this state. So they can't use that excuse. They also have to separate the taxable items from the non taxable ones. :angel:

Morning shower's done. Breakfast finished and cleaned up after. Bella and I have done our ritual morning watering and I harvested what needed it. Mail is ready for the mailbox and we'll leave soon for a doctor's appointment.

I'm hoping I'll be able to leave my Darth Vader cast/splint behind after this visit. I'm pretty sure it's done its job and it's time for a little more "normal" activity with my new hand. We'll see.

I have seen some real positive progress/results and soooo want to get back to doing my regular activities, with caution for a while, of course.

It's hot and humid here today. More like August in Kentucky.

I feel sorry for all the area students who are beginning their new school year today. At least their schools are air-conditioned. They weren't when I was a child.

I meant to post this yesterday. This is what we did on Saturday. Mrs K and I, along with her brother and sister and their spouses all went to the Paul McCartney concert in Minneapolis at Target Field.

By far, it was the best concert I've ever seen in my life - and I've seen quite a few. For a 72-year old man, Sir Paul has the energy of a 30-something. He came out on stage and performed for nearly three hours straight. Almost 40 songs altogether, including many songs from the Beatles catalog. It was so nice to see him embrace his Beatles heritage. I remember a time when he steadfastly refused to play more than a handful of those songs, saying it was all water under the bridge and people should move on.

What a fun evening and one I'll remember for the rest of my life! I only hope I have half the energy he does when I'm 72.

img_1378622_0_10141d71eaa9f5c4185471420d469175.jpg

img_1378622_1_c9f9f5dd69cb9a912180ecb2075951f9.jpg

img_1378622_2_f2ce75a5df2de03c9f10628f0ea74c31.jpg

I meant to post this yesterday. This is what we did on Saturday. Mrs K and I, along with her brother and sister and their spouses all went to the Paul McCartney concert in Minneapolis at Target Field.

By far, it was the best concert I've ever seen in my life - and I've seen quite a few. For a 72-year old man, Sir Paul has the energy of a 30-something. He came out on stage and performed for nearly three hours straight. Almost 40 songs altogether, including many songs from the Beatles catalog. It was so nice to see him embrace his Beatles heritage. I remember a time when he steadfastly refused to play more than a handful of those songs, saying it was all water under the bridge and people should move on.

What a fun evening and one I'll remember for the rest of my life! I only hope I have half the energy he does when I'm 72.

img_1378640_0_10141d71eaa9f5c4185471420d469175.jpg

img_1378640_1_c9f9f5dd69cb9a912180ecb2075951f9.jpg

img_1378640_2_f2ce75a5df2de03c9f10628f0ea74c31.jpg

What a great night Steve!! I'm shocked the place wasn't packed with people...
I'm slightly younger than Paul, and I doubt I could stand for three hours, let alone perform!

Last edited:

That's weird Carol. My hydrangeas are loaded with huge pink blossoms and they were potted gifts also. They are about 3 years old and waist high. Could you have them in the wrong spot? Mine get morning sun only as I'm told they can't tolerate all day heat.

Your guess is as good as mine!! I just know they are potted hydrangeas I received as a gift.

You said they're the wrong kind and not suited to replanting. Why do you think that? How long have you had them? Can you post a picture?

Hydrangeas are understory plants, meaning they grow naturally under trees, so they do best in part to full shade. Some bloom on the current year's growth and some on last year's growth, so it's important to know when to prune them; if yours blooms on this year's growth but you pruned it this year, you cut off the buds so it won't bloom. I'm not saying that's the problem with your hydrangeas - it's just one reason why they might not bloom.

What a great night Steve!! I'm shocked the place wasn't packed with people...
I'm slightly younger than Paul, and I doubt I could stand for three hours, let alone perform!
Kayelle, we got there very early. That photo was taken 2 hours before it began. But it was a sold out show. In fact, it sold out in 20 minutes so we felt lucky to get tickets.

McCartney will be here in Missoula tomorrow night. We won't need tickets (good thing) we'll be able to hear the concert all over town.

Back
Top Bottom