What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I should have put the car back in the garage. They cleaned the garage today, so I parked the car on the street last night. I'm just being such a klutz today, that I don't think driving is a good idea.

Last edited:
Just finished listening to my team's baseball game. Cleveland is playing in the Twin Cities. Before the Twins had even one out in their half of the first inning my Tribe was losing 5-0. Over the decades I've learned to never give up on this team because they have pulled off some memorable wins. Tonight they did it again! By the time was over we had won 7-5. Yay Team!

I have a few last pieces of laundry to fold, and then I'm going to get all comfy in my nicegown (what our daughter called her favorite nightgown when she was little) and curl up in the sun room to read. I just picked up the next book in the Wine Lover's Mystery series and I want to tuck into "A Toast for Murder". Of course I'll be sipping on a bit of wine while reading it. ;)

Watching the littles and the big girls (and boys) interact. I love having chickens. They are so entertaining. Merla and Hester have been having show downs lately. They tuck their heads down, do a stare-off and then flutter up and do chest bumps. Not sure which of the two will end up being top hen of that mini flock. My money is on Merla. She was the first to perch at night and is a bit of a loner. Who knew having chickens could be so entertaining and so much fun!

Last edited:
Watching the littles and the big girls (and boys) interact. I love having chickens. They are so entertaining. Merla and Hester have been having show downs lately. They tuck their heads down, do a stare-off and then flutter up and do chest bumps. Not sure which of the two will end up being top hen of that mini flock. My money is on Merla. She was the first to perch at night and is a bit of a loner. Who knew having chickens could be so entertaining and so much fun!

My aunt's name is Merla, that's not a name that you hear often!

Just finished listening to my team's baseball game. Cleveland is playing in the Twin Cities. Before the Twins had even one out in their half of the first inning my Tribe was losing 5-0. Over the decades I've learned to never give up on this team because they have pulled off some memorable wins. Tonight they did it again! By the time was over we had won 7-5. Yay Team!

I have a few last pieces of laundry to fold, and then I'm going to get all comfy in my nicegown (what our daughter called her favorite nightgown when she was little) and curl up in the sun room to read. I just picked up the next book in the Wine Lover's Mystery series and I want to tuck into "A Toast for Murder". Of course I'll be sipping on a bit of wine while reading it. ;)

Is it just me? I love folding laundry. I find it relaxing. You can carry on a conversation, watch TV, have some private thoughts, all while folding laundry. :angel:

My aunt's name is Merla, that's not a name that you hear often!
I am not sure what it means, but I selected it because this gal is white with gray markings--the word I know for that in the dog world is merle is I named her Merla. Merla is quite the character. She spends a lot of time spinning in circles and jumping up in the air trying to catch bugs.

I am not sure what it means, but I selected it because this gal is white with gray markings--the word I know for that in the dog world is merle is I named her Merla. Merla is quite the character. She spends a lot of time spinning in circles and jumping up in the air trying to catch bugs.

My aunt is quite a character too...

He grandfather's name was Merle so I guess that was a way that my grandmother made the name sound more feminine.

Last week grandson scratched the back of his heel, so I was puting some first -aid cream on it (he did it with the toenail from his other foot). Well, I looked at it this morning and couldn't believe my eyes. There was a red streak coming out of the scab, it was headed up his leg. I called his mother and told her I was taking him to have it checked out. (my uncle died of blood poisoning at the age of 19, I also had it in a thumb, the doctor said if we had waited 1 more day , they would have taken the thumb off). Well, it was a good thing the doctor ckecked it out, his diagnoses was (Bacterial skin infection and Lymphangitis.) He started him right away on Amoxicillin. He will be fine but it sure had me worried.:angel:

Grandma to the rescue. So glad you caught it in time.

I went to Winthrop this morning. I have been having a hard time eating lately. They food just doesn't want to go down. It gets stuck around my chest area after the third bite and just sits there slowly working it way down. But while it is doing that it is very uncomfortable. So they had the eating therapist come and watch me eat lunch. I had an egg salad sandwich and vegetable barley soup along with a glass of whole milk. Sure enough after a couple of bites of the sandwich, I stopped eating it and went to the soup. I took two spoonfuls and that was all I could get down. The therapist thinks it may be by my esophagus may be scarred from all the heartburn over the years. So I will be going for a barium Xray to see what is happening. I do take meds for the heartburn, but I just may need something stronger than what I am on. So we will see. Just what I need. Another arse ache. Getting old is hard work. :angel:

Oh that's awful Addie....not being able to eat properly. Are you hungry but can't or have lost your appetite in the process? Would something soothing like cream/milk based dishes slip down easier?

I waited on a cable guy. he arrived & fixed my remotes/etcetera. I spoke to my Mom earlier, so as to chit-chat & discuss pricing on pens & notebooks. I cleaned, spoke to a few people, & soon, i'll be shopping. we shifted the time regarding when we ought shop. gonna see if she is hungry; maybe we could get a quick dinner, too.

Last week grandson scratched the back of his heel....Well, it was a good thing the doctor ckecked it out, his diagnoses was (Bacterial skin infection and Lymphangitis.) He started him right away on Amoxicillin. He will be fine but it sure had me worried.:angel:
Wow, sounds like it could have been a close call. Glad you were able to sve the boy from himself. Now maybe an afternoon of Grandma/grandson pedis is in order? :LOL:

Finishing up with a baseball lover's Afternoon Delight - a day game. It's in the 9th inning; when it's over I'll be heading out the door with my SIL to do a bit of grocery shopping.

we went shopping at b&b works; i got 2 new scents & my friend got lotion. i also bought sanitizers & a holder for them.
i love that place.

Wow, sounds like it could have been a close call. Glad you were able to sve the boy from himself. Now maybe an afternoon of Grandma/grandson pedis is in order? :LOL:

The little guy is off to a fun weekend with his other side of the family. I have to wait for another week before I get him again. Can't wait.

Last week grandson scratched the back of his heel, so I was puting some first -aid cream on it (he did it with the toenail from his other foot). Well, I looked at it this morning and couldn't believe my eyes. There was a red streak coming out of the scab, it was headed up his leg. I called his mother and told her I was taking him to have it checked out. (my uncle died of blood poisoning at the age of 19, I also had it in a thumb, the doctor said if we had waited 1 more day , they would have taken the thumb off). Well, it was a good thing the doctor ckecked it out, his diagnoses was (Bacterial skin infection and Lymphangitis.) He started him right away on Amoxicillin. He will be fine but it sure had me worried.:angel:

I'm glad you caught it JoAnn!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom