What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm scanning my computer for a virus. I don't think it is on my end, not sure.

I just saw a young lady from down the block go by. She walks her two dogs several times each day. One is a young energetic Lab and the other is an ancient Basset Hound that can no longer walk. The Basset rides, on a blanket, in a red Radio Flyer wagon while the young Lab strains to sniff every blade of grass along the route. They make an interesting trio! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

We had slow cooker country style ribs yesterday. (Or last night.) So the dirty dishes are sitting in the sink calling me. I was just too tires to do them. So there they sit. I hate starting my day with a sink full of dirty dishes from the day before. The ribs were really good though. :angel:

We had slow cooker country style ribs yesterday. (Or last night.) So the dirty dishes are sitting in the sink calling me. I was just too tires to do them. So there they sit. I hate starting my day with a sink full of dirty dishes from the day before. The ribs were really good though. :angel:
When I have a chore I dislike doing I try to combine it with something pleasurable, e.g. music or the radio. That way I don't notice it too much. Oh, and to have a treat lined up for afterwards goes without saying! ;)

I hear you Addie.Nothing worse than to go to bed knowing the kitchen is spotless to wake up with at least 40 minutes of dirty dishes in the morning.I mean they are all over my clean kitchen.

One day I woke up and saw that mess.Ticked me off.
I opened up the the bedroom doors.Walked away. While I was cleaning up their mess again,I made darn sure they heard every clanking dish being washed.Took my sweet time doing it to.
Even vacumed the carpets.GOOD MORNING SUNSHINES!!!:ROFLMAO:

Now we have an understanding.Keep her well stocked in paper plates.:ohmy::ermm::LOL:

When I was a teenager I had a babysitting job for a nurse. I would get there early in the morning and there in the kitchen was all of their dirty dishes sitting on the table yet from the night before with a sink full of dirty pots and pans, which she expected me to clean up. To top it off her husband would be there in the middle room in bed. That job only lasted two days.

...I hate starting my day with a sink full of dirty dishes from the day before...

...Nothing worse than to go to bed knowing the kitchen is spotless to wake up with at least 40 minutes of dirty dishes in the morning.I mean they are all over my clean kitchen.

One day I woke up and saw that mess.Ticked me off...

...there in the kitchen was all of their dirty dishes sitting on the table yet from the night before with a sink full of dirty pots and pans, which she expected me to clean up...

I have no such issues. We finish dinner around 8:00PM and SO and I just want to relax. I often leave all or part of the dinner dishes and the hand washing for the next day when I am alone and there are no new posts on DC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no such issues. We finish dinner around 8:00PM and SO and I just want to relax. I often leave all or part of the dinner dishes and the hand washing for the next day when I am alone and there are no new posts on DC.

I wish dishes weren't an issue around here.But unfortunately leisure time is very little these days for me.Dishes and kitchen have to be done right after dinner.I do wash as I go.
They know I get up early to make hubby's, lunch dinner and the emergency meal.Paper plates have certainly cut down on the dishes,standing time.Now it's whoever tops the can off takes out the trash..
Don't look at me.*invisible* :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm too cheap for paper plates!

I try to wash the dishes and tidy up before I turn in.

You never know when the paramedics or the fire department will decide to show up in the middle of the night! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm too cheap for paper plates!

I try to wash the dishes and tidy up before I turn in.

You never know when the paramedics or the fire department will decide to show up in the middle of the night! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Never thought of that. If they see I am slow to do the dishes I may not get the best level of medical care...

Never thought of that. If they see I am slow to do the dishes I may not get the best level of medical care...

Did you notice I messed up my last post..Wakey, wakeyyy.

And you know these days if anyone sees anything like a sink full of dishes,
your now considered a hoarder.

I'm trying to stay awake. Did't seem to have a problem at 6:38 AM. Or 7:38 AM. Or 8:38 AM... Woke up an hour apart until I gave up around 10:30 and said heck with it.

When I was a teenager I had a babysitting job for a nurse. I would get there early in the morning and there in the kitchen was all of their dirty dishes sitting on the table yet from the night before with a sink full of dirty pots and pans, which she expected me to clean up. To top it off her husband would be there in the middle room in bed. That job only lasted two days.
A long-ago boyfriend had to pick his parents up from the airport. He got me along the way (I lived between where he went to college and where his parents' home was) so we could do something after we deposited the folks at home. First, he had to stop at the house, so he told me to wait in the car until he "inspected". Came back out with a bit of steam coming out of the years because Mom and Dad had gone on their weekend trip and left all the dirty dishes on the table! :ohmy: Yuck. Guess this was a regular routine of theirs - he went in to make sure it wasn't bug-infested, I guess. I have no idea how he turned out to be such a neat-freak. Self-defense, I suppose. :LOL:

Just got back from the pool. Got to share it with the home-schoolers and their kids, all the other kids are back in school.

Maybe it's because I live alone, I want to leave this world in as good a shape as I found it! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Living alone I have no excuse for leaving except that if I am tired, I can't stand too long on my legs. So I leave them for later or the next day. I too use paper plates. Small ones, bowls and larger plates. It certainly cuts down on the mess. But I refuse to use plastic cutlery. Every so often my daughter will pick up a commercial size bunch of paper cups with the lids. Saves on the dirty cups. They last me forever. Five hundred is a lot of cups.

I can afford the expense of the paper products. A small luxury for myself. I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had done more housework." :angel:

Maybe it's because I live alone, I want to leave this world in as good a shape as I found it! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I live alone too, Bea. To me, that means I don't have to worry whether there are dishes to be washed.

It's more important to me to take care of my "bad" back. Sometimes, it takes me several tries to get a bunch of dishes done. If my back starts to hurt, I found that if I stop immediately and sit down for a few minutes, I don't end up with a lasting backache. In my case, I had to learn not to push myself, or I'd pay the price.

It took me awhile to get used to the idea, but now I have much less lasting back pain than I used to have.

I just leave them for the Ogre, you should hear him roar if he thinks I am washing dishes. Gives him something to do.

I just leave them for the Ogre, you should hear him roar if he thinks I am washing dishes. Gives him something to do.

Glad I'm not the only lucky lady around here PF. The first time I ever cooked for Steve he told me to go sit outside and relax while he cleaned up the kitchen. I did just that, and looked up and said said, thank you Lord.

Back
Top Bottom