What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm taking it easy today. My back doesn't hurt as badly as yesterday.

I'm piddling around. I made the taco meat, chicken salad, egg salad. I prepped the green onions for the freezer, cut up and froze the hamburger chub. The only prep work left is to semi freeze the ground sausage and cut into chunks (1/3# each) and add them to the freezer.

I'm thinking up meal ideas with the goodies I've got now. I'm working on a recipe where I can use sweet potatoes in a casserole with ham.

Dinner tonight will be tacos in crispy shells.

It's a nice, productive day, just taking it easy and piddling around.

I'm taking it easy today. My back doesn't hurt as badly as yesterday.

I'm piddling around. I made the taco meat, chicken salad, egg salad. I prepped the green onions for the freezer, cut up and froze the hamburger chub. The only prep work left is to semi freeze the ground sausage and cut into chunks (1/3# each) and add them to the freezer.

I'm thinking up meal ideas with the goodies I've got now. I'm working on a recipe where I can use sweet potatoes in a casserole with ham.

Dinner tonight will be tacos in crispy shells.

It's a nice, productive day, just taking it easy and piddling around.

A little ham some onion and a leftover baked sweet potato fried together make a great hash! A little cinnamon, allspice or nutmeg gives it a nice holiday feel. :yum:

Let us know what you come up with!

Just finished up with my second supper (I'm eating a little bit here, a tiny bit here as I do odd jobs) and listening to the ballgame. I packaged and froze the meats I bought to be used later, and took the meat off the bones of the rotisserie chicken. I'll use part of the meat for two chicken salads, one with green grapes and almonds, the other with cranberries and walnuts. I'll probably hide a little of sliced breast meat for a sandwich. I have bacon and an avocado that play nice with roast chicken. I might even use the cranberry-pecan bread I got at MB yesterday. It's another item I can't find easily, and with MB back, IT'S back in rotation!

For me it would be a little cinnamon and a little nutmeg.

Now you've got me curious. I found that allspice made a better cinnamon sugar, so i might be inclined to favor allspice. It seemed to be a robust flavor. Nutmeg enhances almost anything so that one is definitely in.

Then again, ham & cinnamon may be really tasty.

I'll let you know how it comes out.:chef:

Preparing for a hot humid day!

I cooked and peeled a handful of shrimp for a small shrimp salad, boiled a couple of eggs, refilled the ice cube trays and the iced tea jug!

Now it will probably snow! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Preparing for a hot humid day!

I cooked and peeled a handful of shrimp for a small shrimp salad, boiled a couple of eggs, refilled the ice cube trays and the iced tea jug!

Now it will probably snow! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Why should you be left out? We had a frost overnight...:rolleyes:

Realised I spent far too much time on a spiritual chat site so have weaned myself away and tackled lots of little jobs that were long delayed, e.g. transferring notes into my books, painting and repairing clothes.

I got a delivery of green Manitoba Maple last night for next year's firewood. Instead of having lunch, I'm clearing out a spot in the barn to stack it so it'll dry for next year. Good thing garbage day is tomorrow (we only have garbage p/up every other week--PITA. No idea where my property taxes go...except up and services go down).

I'm trying to psyche myself up to go to Costco.
Some days I would rather sit on the chesterfield and read a book.

I'm back. Stirling helped me schlep the groceries upstairs from the garage. I still have to put stuff away.

I hit Costco, the liquor store, the health food store, and the bagel store.

If I promise myself a bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese when I'm done putting stuff away, I might do it sooner. ;) :pig:

I have come to hate shopping. I think it is mostly because of the pain in my leg. If a store doesn't has electric carts, I won't shop there. :angel:

Well I kinda have to agree with you there. My last couple of major shopping trips have caused me extreme pain and I think I'll probably be feeling like you do pretty darn soon,

I really miss having a mobile scooter. I had bought a few used ones before I moved here. I could hop on and go to the store for a couple of things anytime I wanted.

I'll just have to ask my primary care doctor if he can help me get another one. They don't seem to have used ones available here in New Orleans, or if they do they want an exorbitant price.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom