What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Katy. Welcome back. Glad you got "unoccupied" so you could come back. You're up late.

And I am not going to get to bed at this rate!! :p

Hi Andy. I am not "unoccupied" but I really missed this place and I had a very nice (and timely) reminder about it from another member! :-p

We are on vacation in the Bay Area of California. Took a tour of San Francisco the day before yesterday and had a great time! yesterday we went to Sonoma for wine tasting and shopping. Went back today for a car show...and then toured around Petaluma. Tomorrow we head for Tahoe and then Carson City and Virginia City, Nevada. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

You are headed into spectacular beauty in the Lake Tahoe area, bunny. Sure wish I was there! Have fun, and hope to see some pics! :)

The little family that we sort of adopted is becoming more and more a part of our lives and I couldn't be more thrilled. Tomorrow, the Mom is dedicating her two children at church and we have been invited for that, as well as lunch at their place after. I am taking a salad and some watermelon that I just cut up.

I also made a card for the dedication and just wrapped small gifts for all three of them.

Everyone says that they are lucky to have TB and I in their lives...I think that is a definite two way street. :wub:

Now I am going to bed as it will be an early morning.

Last edited:
...I'd love to be able to get to the library. It's not far and would help cut down my books costs. I read constantly, usually 4 or 5 books a week.
Z, check with your library to see if they have volunteers who will pick up/drop off your books. When I volunteered at our library, there were a couple of people who did that. We even had a special spot to put the books for the "runners" so that we could watch for them when they came in. The home-staying patrons loved having books coming and going, and the runners were all people who loved to stop and spend time with the patrons. Everyone benefited. Maybe your branch has the same kind of service.

I'm working on my lists for our trip....I can't believe it is this coming Friday! :)
Laurie, I hope you and TB have a wonderful time! Clear sailing and happy sites. And may you have a clear and fog-less day from wherever you are when you are nearest to Denali. A friend who took an Alaskan cruise said they were docked on the clearest of clear days and she could see the peak from shore.

Laurie, I hope you and TB have a wonderful time! Clear sailing and happy sites. And may you have a clear and fog-less day from wherever you are when you are nearest to Denali. A friend who took an Alaskan cruise said they were docked on the clearest of clear days and she could see the peak from shore.

Thanks, CG, I will be on the lookout for that and if we get that clearest of clear day I will take a picture just for you! :)

Thanks, CG, I will be on the lookout for that and if we get that clearest of clear day I will take a picture just for you! :)

Oh definitely pictures. Let us live vicariously. Have a great trip and remember to give hubby a big hug everyday. You certainly have a special man there. :angel:

Oh definitely pictures. Let us live vicariously. Have a great trip and remember to give hubby a big hug everyday. You certainly have a special man there. :angel:

Yes, Addie, I do - and I never let myself forget it! Like today. We always go out to eat once on the weekends, nothing fancy but just to get out. We have our favourite places, but my diet is so restricted now and complicated. So TB spent part of his evening searching for Vegetarian restaurants in the area that aren't based with rice and/or tofu dishes. He actually found a couple of places so we may try one tomorrow (or I guess it is later today). :heart:

Just got back from taking SO to the airport for her (and my) vacation. Stopped at a local diner for breakfast but it doesn't open until 7:00AM on Sunday so I'll have to go back in a bit. Mmmm, country fried steak, home fries and two over easy.

Just got back from taking SO to the airport for her (and my) vacation. Stopped at a local diner for breakfast but it doesn't open until 7:00AM on Sunday so I'll have to go back in a bit. Mmmm, country fried steak, home fries and two over easy.

Oh stop!!! Making me regret my choice of yogurt and blueberries.

Back
Top Bottom