What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If anyone hasn't been a member of Costco but was thinking about being a member Living Social has a great deal right now for new members. $55 gets you the membership, a $20 cash card (gift card) and they will mail you coupons for over $100 worth or freebies, including a rotisserie chicken, apple pie, 30 roll toilet paper, etc.

Bakechef, thanks for the tip! I just signed up through that site and not only got a Costco membership for myself, but for my youngest daughter as well. We are so out in the sticks here and only go to Costco when we go visit oldest daughter, as a guest on her card. She lives about 2 hours from us, but there is a Costco a little bit closer, only about an hour and a half away. LOL. The freebies were just the incentive I needed to get a membership of my own. Love a good deal. :LOL:

I hope others see this deal and it doesn't get lost. ;) :)

I got back from shopping an hour ago. I was relaxing and read about the car with over 300,000 miles. It reminded me of a taxi here in Montreal. The driver used the taxi stand near my house, back when I had a house in town in the late '80s, early '90s. I always tried to get his car. He was a very sweet man. He had a 1963 Plymouth Fury. He had it from 1965 and drove it as a taxi the whole time. It was a well maintained, clean taxi. I just had to Google and find out whatever happened to that taxi.

He was tying to beat the Guinness Book of Records record for mileage of a taxi. He was ~130 miles short of the record when he was hit by a truck. He wasn't injured. Here's an article about it. Joseph Vaillancourt's 2,609,698 km (1,621,591 mile) Plymouth Fury. As far as I can tell, this happened in 1999.

According to an interview in this YouTube video Michel Barrette-plymouth fury 1963 - 2 595 000 k.m. taxi. - YouTube (in French), an actor bought the car to restore it and let the taxi driver drive it to get that record. I know the car was restored, but I don't know if the taxi driver ever got to drive the car again.

Bakechef, thanks for the tip! I just signed up through that site and not only got a Costco membership for myself, but for my youngest daughter as well. We are so out in the sticks here and only go to Costco when we go visit oldest daughter, as a guest on her card. She lives about 2 hours from us, but there is a Costco a little bit closer, only about an hour and a half away. LOL. The freebies were just the incentive I needed to get a membership of my own. Love a good deal. :LOL:

I hope others see this deal and it doesn't get lost. ;) :)

Glad to help! Remember to follow the link to the Costco site and redeem the offer, it'll give you a paper to print out to take to the club.

Mega shopping spree today at Market Basket and Costco. Picked up ingredients for the coming week's menu of "Andy Eats Whatever He Wants". Also got some stuff at Costco on their sale flier. Picked up a rotisserie chicken at Costco. I decided I'd use it for lunches rather than dinners.

Glad to help! Remember to follow the link to the Costco site and redeem the offer, it'll give you a paper to print out to take to the club.

Yep, I saw that - I printed it out, it's in the side pocket in the car and ready to go when we are! :) I've been meaning to get a membership for so long now, and kind of forget about it until we go visit Rebecca down in the city. By the time we spend time with them and all of the grandkids, there's not much time left for Costco shopping.

Andy, a rotisserie chicken will be first on my list. I've heard from so many here how good they are. Our Albertsons has them for $9 :ohmy: and they're just mediocre. Sounds like you're enjoying your foodie vacation. :)

Last edited:
...Andy, a rotisserie chicken will be first on my list. I've heard from so many here how good they are. Our Albertsons has them for $9 :ohmy: and they're just mediocre. Sounds like you're enjoying your foodie vacation. :)

You won't be disappointed. Not to mention that the Costco chickens are only $4.99.

It's not quite 9PM here yet, but I'm so tired....going to dim the lights, settle into the recliner, and get caught up with MasterChef and see who got sent home last Monday. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Just got back from our closest Costco. What is it about that place? We're both exhausted. Came home with a bunch of necessities along with a WHOLE bunch of not-so-necessities. Had a great lunch of free samples, and DH got his beloved turkey provolone sandwich.

Last edited:
I think much of my exhaustion is in trying to keep track of DH. He wanders off with the cart, and most of my mileage is spent trying to find him. I even tried calling him from the meat section, his phone was off.

i just spent 4 hours in a light aircraft flying a patient from Paso Robles CA to Santa Monica for treatment at UCLA. I fly for Angel Flight West, who transport non critical patients to and from their treatments. My copilot is suffering from mild Parkinsons so he cannot get a license. I let him fly over 2 and a half of the 4 hours and he loved it
I will be flying a lung cancer patient and his wife tomorrow from San Diego to Santa Monica for treatment. This is important to me as my wife died of lung cancer.

Last edited:
That place seems to be almost double the size of the bjs near my house. I was there over an hour and still didn't see everything.

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

You won't be disappointed. Not to mention that the Costco chickens are only $4.99.

Andy, Spike always get the leftover rotisserie MB chickens for Teddy. I only will get a thigh or leg for chicken salad. So for me, if it cold, that is fine by me. I never get a hot one because I hate the white breast meat on any bird. It would all go to waste. So what makes Costco's so special? Do they season theirs? :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom