What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got up at 5:45 a.m. in order to wake up The Pirate for work. It took me almost ten minutes to sit up and then standing was pure torture. The sciatica pain is back with a vengeance. Bad enough that I may have to go in for a cortisone shot in my hip. The last time I had it this bad was when I was in Hawaii and Poo was five years old. Since I don't have a walker in the house, I am using the computer chair to lean on to get around my apartment.

Well there goes my plans for today for making shrimp salad in a toasted hot dog bun. :angel:

Bummer Addie. I hope you feel better soon. (((Gentle hugs))). :angel:

Thank you. Oddly enough sitting here on the stool at the computer leaves me feeling no pain. And I can roll myself right into the bathroom or kitchen for a cup of coffee. But oooh! :wacko: When I go to stand up...... :angel:

Headed out yesterday afternoon to go to my sister's for dinner. My car's battery was dead. Realized I had left the interior light on since Sunday. Fortunately, I could use SO's car.

This morning I jump-started my car and took it for an hour-long drive to recharge the battery.

DH was driving my Ford Escape Hybrid to Richmond (about two hours away) for a work seminar and the engine suddenly cut off. He was able to get it to a dealership close to home by taking the surface roads - it only happened at higher speeds - and I picked him up from there. This seems to be a known issue - something about an electronic component overheating. Hopefully fixing it won't cost too much. I think it's nine years old now or so.

DH was driving my Ford Escape Hybrid to Richmond (about two hours away) for a work seminar and the engine suddenly cut off. He was able to get it to a dealership close to home by taking the surface roads - it only happened at higher speeds - and I picked him up from there. This seems to be a known issue - something about an electronic component overheating. Hopefully fixing it won't cost too much. I think it's nine years old now or so.
If it's a known problem, shouldn't Ford pay for the repair? I think it's time for you to hit a Ford Escape forum and see what other owners have experienced.

Headed out yesterday afternoon to go to my sister's for dinner. My car's battery was dead. Realized I had left the interior light on since Sunday. Fortunately, I could use SO's car.

This morning I jump-started my car and took it for an hour-long drive to recharge the battery.

Andy and CG, thought I would let you know that in Sunday's MB flyer, bacon is on sale for $2.49 a pound. Spike let me know that next week's flyer is up. I am off to take a look. :angel:

If it's a known problem, shouldn't Ford pay for the repair? I think it's time for you to hit a Ford Escape forum and see what other owners have experienced.

According to a website DH found, it is a known problem. He's pretty good at demanding what's rightfully ours, so we'll see what happens ;)

Good news. DH just called and the part that overheated and caused the engine to shut off was the subject of a recall, so the repair will be free. Whew. :) Going outside now to plant some herbs and Johnny Jump-Ups.

Here you go Andy:

il_340x270.437048179_oboe.jpg

Staying up too late looking for alternative to statin therapy...

Oh my! Are you on this for controlling cholesterol? Ick...I'm sorry. I have heard of some foods that can help lower cholesterol but I've forgotten what they were. Can you look that up?

It's late late late...my biopsy showed no cancer, but a little bit of my cervix has to be removed today because of a bunch of abnormal tissue and cells. It's just a simple office procedure and I'll be just fine. I'll have to have a Pap smear every 3 months for the next year to make sure everything's ok, and that's such good news!

It sure has been a long 2 weeks, and we can finally sleep! We got the good news on Monday and I tell you, we zonked out at night. We stayed up too late tonight watching funny movies like Wild Hogs, Down Periscope and Blazing Saddles LOL!

Around noon today the 18th, it will all be over! YAY!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom