What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if others here are like myself in dust tolerance levels. I can tolerate a modicum of dust, i.e. some but not excessive. So, when I have people coming round, I realise they may not share this and I diligently set to cleaning everything until it's all shiny again....can take quite a while!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
I wonder if others here are like myself in dust tolerance levels. I can tolerate a modicum of dust, i.e. some but not excessive. So, when I have people coming round, I realise they may not share this and I diligently set to cleaning everything until it's all shiny again....can take quite a while!
icon_rolleyes.gif
When I was working and didn't have time to clean I worked on the principle that if I dusted up to eye level and then sprayed furniture polish in the air just before the visitors were due to arrive the'd never know.

Then I got a cleaning lady. Bliss. She had a key so I came home once a week to a sparkling house and a pile of neatly ironed clothes. However, when it came out in conversation that I had a cleaning lady one of my colleagues professed to be shocked that I was exploiting a servant ! Nonsense. She needed the work and she was very good at it. I needed help and paid her the going rate per hour (which was quite a bit more than the government minimum wage) so what was the problem?

PF, I have not had the test for the past 2 years. I get a little bit nervous thinking that since it found a problem once I might get that same problem again, but I have learned to pray a lot. LOL

PF, I have not had the test for the past 2 years. I get a little bit nervous thinking that since it found a problem once I might get that same problem again, but I have learned to pray a lot. LOL

Inconclusive Paps are not going to find any problems, there must be something else they can check. You are seeing a Gyn, correct? A visual check is as good as a Pap if you are seeing the same Doc each year.

Well, no, I haven't been there in 2 years. I can't say I will never go back. At one time she wanted to do a procedure in the hospital where she said she would have access to different instruments and could do something that would make it that the scar tissue would never be a problem again, but right after that I had a stent procedure and the cardiologist put me on a blood thinner so she couldn't do it. If I go back I could probably get it done now because I am no longer on the blood thinner. I have so many doctors they have to get in line and take a number in order to perform all the procedures I need done. LOL

Well, no, I haven't been there in 2 years. I can't say I will never go back. At one time she wanted to do a procedure in the hospital where she said she would have access to different instruments and could do something that would make it that the scar tissue would never be a problem again, but right after that I had a stent procedure and the cardiologist put me on a blood thinner so she couldn't do it. If I go back I could probably get it done now because I am no longer on the blood thinner. I have so many doctors they have to get in line and take a number in order to perform all the procedures I need done. LOL

I would definitely go that route if I still had to worry about cervical cancer.

When I was working and didn't have time to clean I worked on the principle that if I dusted up to eye level and then sprayed furniture polish in the air just before the visitors were due to arrive the'd never know.

Then I got a cleaning lady. Bliss. She had a key so I came home once a week to a sparkling house and a pile of neatly ironed clothes. However, when it came out in conversation that I had a cleaning lady one of my colleagues professed to be shocked that I was exploiting a servant ! Nonsense. She needed the work and she was very good at it. I needed help and paid her the going rate per hour (which was quite a bit more than the government minimum wage) so what was the problem?
That does seem outdated thinking.

I know of people that clean up before the cleaning lady gets there! :rolleyes:

That does seem outdated thinking.

I know of people that clean up before the cleaning lady gets there! :rolleyes:

When I had a cleaning lady, I tidied up before she came but didn't clean. I wanted her to spend her time actually cleaning and not picking up things, cleaning, and putting them back.

When I had a cleaning lady, I tidied up before she came but didn't clean. I wanted her to spend her time actually cleaning and not picking up things, cleaning, and putting them back.
Yup. Well, in my case, it would have been impossible to clean until it got tidied. :ermm:

Stopped and got some zucchini this morning so I can make some bars with cream cheese frosting. Almost forgot it's my SIL birthday on Sunday, so got her a card and mailed it right away. Then got DH out of his work shop and had him help me wash the bedroom windows. Gosh, there was some kind of grim on them, that was hard to clean off. The windows face the south and west side of the house. I am just going to go and sit and read this afternoon until my grandson gets here after school.

You should have told them you didn't own Highclear, so it didn't count. :angel:

I think the time is fast approaching for me to have a cleaning lady come in once a week. I have really been not well this past week. I have a sink full of dishes waiting for me. I simply cannot stand long enough to accomplish anything. The Pirate tries to help, but he has a demanding job as a fleet manager for a Limo company. He is at work at six in the morning. Sometimes he puts in more than his eight hours a day. He has to wait until the last limo comes in at night. So I don't feel right asking for his help and Spike has a heart problem. :angel:

Is it your membership card too? Mine was and the picture was so much better in colour than the ugly B&W version that was on the membership card.

We didn't have to get pics for our card (thank gawd) and now the Amex card works as both CC and membership card.

Back
Top Bottom