What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been taking my Vicodin all day today. I get so much work done. But that is not the reason I have been taking them. My spine has really been hurting since I got up this morning. And every time I start a job, it just makes it worse. I have been tackling small jobs I have been wanting to do for a while. I just finished cleaning and rearranging two closets. I am done for the day! :angel:

Just got done having a butter, bacon and tomato sandwich for lunch. Did the dishes and am now going to spend the afternoon watching on Netflix, Sherlock: Series 1: Disc 1. It includes "A Study In Pink and "The Blind Banker". This series is from England. I think I will have a cup of tea while I am watching. :)

It is my birthday so my brother and his girlfriend treated me to the carvery - roast dinner. The one I go to does real roast potatoes (not fobbed off with the deep fried stuff), 3 types of roasted meats (can have slices from each) a great selection of vegetables cooked to perfection, crackling, stuffing and gravy...oh, and of course you get to go for seconds of all the veg.

I then spent the sunny afternoon in a nearby national park; there's a spot I go to that is fairly secluded...a wooded area with a stream. :)

Taking a wine break. :) I've been busy in the kitchen most of the day. Made a batch of Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies, took some to my brother a couple of blocks over, bagged up some for my daughter and grandson, and saved some for me. She and my grandson are coming over for dinner so I've been preparing yummies, and cleaning up the kitchen as I go so I won't have to do much cleanup later on.

Potted up and trimmed the plants I'll be bringing indoors for the winter. Pulled a bunch of poison ivy. Picked some more apples, and got bitten up by thrips. Apparently we have 4 seasons here, winter, gnats, mosquitoes, and now thrips.

Last edited:
Dashing in to mention that my rugby team (London Irish), played away to Leicester today and won - for the first time in over 10 years!! Woohoo!

And now, off to bed. Night all! :)

I saw a documentary on Quentin Crisp's lifestyle. Dust may be one thing but he is also slovenly when it comes to washing dishes. He will use the same plate again and will only wash it once he has had fish on it! :ohmy:

Last edited:
After seeing the Quentin Crisp quote about dust, I though he could be my new hero. After reading your post about his dinner plate creative, I've completely changed my mind! :sick:

Been doing my family tree again. When I retired my oldest son and I really got into it, we even found a member of our family in Luxembourg who was amazing in helping us. Mine are mostly from Switzerland, Belgium, France, Luxembourg and Germany. My DH side's are mostly from Engalnd. So interesting.

Last edited:
JoAnn, you are inspiring me. I worked hard on mine for a long time but after my Dad passed away I haven't done much on it. I was trying to find out information on his grandfather's family for him and when he passed there wasn't quite the same passion. But I do want to solve the mysteries of my paternal ancestors, specially as I am the last one in that family.

Right now, however, I am trying to put together a bridal shower card to replace the one I made for the gift several months ago which isn't with the present. My friend and I made an afghan for the bride whom we have known for many years and the wedding was in the summer. We were both away when the shower happened and weren't at the wedding so we are meeting the bride tomorrow for tea and the present.

Been doing my family tree again. When I retired my oldest son and I really got into it, we even found a member of our family in Luxembourg who was amazing in helping us. Mine are mostly from Switzerland, Belgium, France, Luxembourg and Germany. My DH side's are mostly from Engalnd. So interesting.

you should try to have a big family get together in europe to see what interesting things you can find out.

although, it should be held in dunkirk. you know, just in case dh has to leave suddenly.

you should try to have a big family get together in europe to see what interesting things you can find out.

although, it should be held in dunkirk. you know, just in case dh has to leave suddenly.

I would love to go to Europe and see where my father fought in World War II. We were planning a trip to Luxembourg on 9/11. Our family member who lives there canceled every thing for us.

Dashing in to mention that my rugby team (London Irish), played away to Leicester today and won - for the first time in over 10 years!! Woohoo!

And now, off to bed. Night all! :)

Congrats! I've heard Rugby makes even hockey look like a sissy sport. I can't imagine anything making hockey look like a sissy sport other than maybe ancient gladiatorial battles so it must be quite a game. I have a couple friends who are just crazy about it.

hockey a sissy sport? :ohmy:

i'd like to see those big rugby mugs with those bras strapped to their heads on skates... with big sticks... stopping a small, hard disk going 110 mph...

Hey, hockey ain't no sissy sport up here in the Great White North! We had two gold medalists from the Canadian women's hockey team compete on The Amazing Race Canada shortly after the Olympics. One of them broke her hand 4 days before the Gold medal game and still managed to score in the final game. She also competed well in the Race, with the pair winning 7 out of 10 legs and coming in second.

As for what am I doing? after I feed the furkids, I am going to finish watching last week's Blacklist so I can watch this week's tonight. I will also be working on a crochet order I need to get in the mail by the end of the week. It's great to have a job I can do watching TV! :)

Back
Top Bottom