What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the first time in many years, we have a whole bunch of kids now living in our subdivision. So I'm thinking of some good Halloween stuff, beyond the usual severed heads and limbs.

Well, I'm excited!

Home Depot has a great moving Witch. I would love to have it, but can't justify spending that much money for one day. Also, now that all the families have grown up, we are all senior citizens and only get about 10 kids.

I just ran out to the store to get some more soda for The Pirate. I don't want him to become dehydrated. It wasn't raining when I went out the door. It was pouring when I came out of the store. And of course I kept banging my finger. Being diabetic, that finger is taking its sweet time healing. Even with the sulfadiazine. That is an ointment that promotes tissue growth. :angel:

Like. That's sweet, Andy. :)

So much for the joys of bachelorhood. :angel:

absence makes the heart grow stronger, huh andy? :)

It's great to hear you say that. I hope you told/showed her how much you're enjoying having her home.

Thank you for your comments. Yes, I missed her and she knows I'm happy to see her.

It's not like the "Old Days". Except for her cruise, she was in FL so we talked several times a day.

Addie, I was a born again bachelor for 10 years before I met her. I've had enough of that. I did enjoy cooking some of the dishes that are taboo for her. Sadly I didn't get to them all.

Just got back from Kohls with grandson. He needed new shoes for this school year. We had to get them in the mens shoe department, because the boys only go up to a 7 and he needed an 8. Of course they cost more but we sure got a good deal. They are regular $70 on sale for $39 and I had a coupon so, with the tax they were $29.95. On the way home he kept saying, I really appreciate what you do for me. :wub:

Just got back from Kohls with grandson. He needed new shoes for this school year. We had to get them in the mens shoe department, because the boys only go up to a 7 and he needed an 8. Of course they cost more but we sure got a good deal. They are regular $70 on sale for $39 and I had a coupon so, with the tax they were $29.95. On the way home he kept saying, I really appreciate what you do for me. :wub:

Every kid needs an adult in his or her corner.

Sound like you two are very lucky to have each other!

Went to Costco, I got my coupons for freebies in the mail from the Living Social Costco deal. Got my free pie (darn that thing is HUGE), rotisserie chicken and big 30 count toilet paper. They had gas for $3.09 a gallon, that's a really good price around here, I haven't seen gas that price in a long while! They also have an awesome deal on LED light bulbs, subsidized by our power company, they average about $2 per bulb, I buy some every time we go in.

Went to Costco, I got my coupons for freebies in the mail from the Living Social Costco deal. Got my free pie (darn that thing is HUGE), rotisserie chicken and big 30 count toilet paper. They had gas for $3.09 a gallon, that's a really good price around here, I haven't seen gas that price in a long while! They also have an awesome deal on LED light bulbs, subsidized by our power company, they average about $2 per bulb, I buy some every time we go in.

A pumpkin pie? I got my first of the season the other day.:pig:

Well, you dirty rat, you. The Living Social Costco deal is only available to new members! And it expired on Sept. 15!

No, I'm not bitter...

I left Costco and went to Bj's. Costco as usual was VERY busy. Costco isn't in a very convenient location, not very residential more industrial. Bj's wasn't busy at all, and it's in a very popular shopping center in an affluent suburb. It goes to show that people are going out of their way to go to Costco.

When Costco brings their store to this side of town next year, Bj's is going to definitely feel the pinch.

Nope, the coupon was for apple!

It was actually pretty darned good for a store bought pie. The crust was tasty although not really flaky, more of a shortbread type texture.

That's a giant pumpkin pie for $5.99!

I know, I can't make it from scratch any cheaper.

I got my freebie coupons in the mail today, too! :) Can't wait to go. The $20 gift card must be coming separately though...it wasn't included in the free coupon packet.

Sitting here wondering about the smarts of my son. I am going shopping this afternoon, but in the meantime I am out of ½&½. So the Pirate goes into my can goods cabinet and brings out a can and opens it. "Ma, this is thick and like syrup. I think it is bad." Did It have a pull tab on it? Of course it did. This is the third time he has opened a can on sweetened condensed milk. you need a can opener or church key for the evap. milk cans. I think I will just stop buying condensed milk until I need it. I do like to keep it on hand for baking.

But already the day has begun to improve. He has left! Now I will get dressed and go to the store and get a pint of ½&½. :angel:

'Bout halfway through my Kaboom Friday chores. Normally I would have been long done, except on the first Kaboom Friday of each month I include some extra tasks.

All the ceiling fans get a good dusting and the globes and bulbs get washed; the bed in our room is taken down to the mattress and the mattress pad is washed, as are the pillow covers; all the towels in the guest bathroom are washed even though they aren't usually used. I just wash those because they probably accumulate some amount of dust and washing them periodically keeps them soft and fluffy. All the drains in the house get a good dose of drain opener/cleaner and all door and window frames are damp wiped.

There are a few kitcheny things I do, too, like wipe down the top of the refrigerator, clean the stove hood, and give the cabinet doors and drawers a good once over.

Doing all these things go a long way to eliminating a huge deep clean several times a year.

I'll be tired when the day is over and ready for some, um, adult beverage.:rolleyes:

'Bout halfway through my Kaboom Friday chores. Normally I would have been long done, except on the first Kaboom Friday of each month I include some extra tasks.

All the ceiling fans get a good dusting and the globes and bulbs get washed; the bed in our room is taken down to the mattress and the mattress pad is washed, as are the pillow covers; all the towels in the guest bathroom are washed even though they aren't usually used. I just wash those because they probably accumulate some amount of dust and washing them periodically keeps them soft and fluffy. All the drains in the house get a good dose of drain opener/cleaner and all door and window frames are damp wiped.

There are a few kitcheny things I do, too, like wipe down the top of the refrigerator, clean the stove hood, and give the cabinet doors and drawers a good once over.

Doing all these things go a long way to eliminating a huge deep clean several times a year.

I'll be tired when the day is over and ready for some, um, adult beverage.:rolleyes:

Amazing! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Katie,

Have you ever tried using a fabric topper to trap the dust and grime on the top of the refrigerator? My sister made me a couple and every so often I pull them off the fridge and toss them into the wash. They are just fabric squares the same size as the top of the fridge with a serged edge.

B :flowers:

Getting ready for tomorrow night. We are invited over to one of our sons house to celebrate a gandaughters 13th birthday. It was Sept. 21 but they couldn't come home until this weekend. We are having taco soup and chili. I think I will take some small ham sandwiches for the little ones who don't like soup. Our son builded a beautiful brick fireplace in their backyard and we are going to roast some marshmallow and then make some smores. :yum:

Amazing! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Katie,

Have you ever tried using a fabric topper to trap the dust and grime on the top of the refrigerator? My sister made me a couple and every so often I pull them off the fridge and toss them into the wash. They are just fabric squares the same size as the top of the fridge with a serged edge.

B :flowers:

That's a good idea and reminds me of something I did in a house I owned a hundred years ago. All the upper cabinets in the kitchen were open above, which was lovely for displaying things but a real pooper when it came to keeping the surface clean. Once a year, I would cut newspaper to fit the tops and layer 12 layers. Once a month I would peel off a layer and toss it.

I could conceivably do the same thing with the top of the refrigerator here but instead of using newspaper, I think I'll use freezer paper. I have plenty of that and rarely use it, except for making craft/sewing patterns.

Thanks for the mind jogger.:flowers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom