What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ummm, your post-WWII parents didn't have reliable birth control ;).
Probably mattered to others then, but it took my folks 10 years before I was born. And I'm the only one. Don't know what took so long other than the little interruption known as WWII. Dad came back October of'45, I came around in June of'51.

SO is turning 65 in December so Ive been helping her sign up for Social Security, Medicare and supplemental insurances for Medicare parts A, B and D. The red tape is mind numbing.

Also reviewing insurance companies and their offerings to determine if I should change companies.

Social Security is supposed to announce the COLA increase tomorrow. (10/22/14) It doesn't look good. Less than two percent. :angel:

That's what I read too. SO starts in December and gets a raise after one payment.

Andy, is she going to keep working? For every two dollars she earns, they deduct one dollar from her Social Security check. But that money they take from her paycheck each week for FICA, will be added to her COLA increase next year. So she will get a double benefit. :angel:

I am waiting to hear from the Mom about "our" little girl. She was up all night crying with pains in her arms, legs and tummy. She has quite a fever as well. She really loves going to her daycare so the fact she didn't want to go yesterday and today shows she isn't feeling well.

I am also waiting to hear from the vet about Violet's ear swab. She has finished all the medicine (an ordeal just to get her to take it) but is still whiny and rubbing it. The swab looked so much better but he thinks there still might be a small amount of infection deep in the ear.

I hate when any of my "adopted kids" are sick - human or furry.

On a brighter note, I am going shopping for a new camera lens today. I have been saving up for a Nikon telephoto lens and the one I want is on sale!

Andy, is she going to keep working? For every two dollars she earns, they deduct one dollar from her Social Security check. But that money they take from her paycheck each week for FICA, will be added to her COLA increase next year. So she will get a double benefit. :angel:

She got a P/T job at Market Basket in their food court kitchen.

The first $15,480. she earns in a calendar year is exempt (this amount may increase in 2015). If she earns over that amount then the 2 for 1 deduction kicks in.

I just got an email from my daughter. For Mother's Day we will be going to see "In The Mood" this coming May. It is a two hour salute to music of the big bands of the 40's. Big bands as well as the band singers. Also the dancing of the era. I have a big, big smile on my face right now. I love going to the theatre and if it is a musical, even better. :angel:

She got a P/T job at Market Basket in their food court kitchen.

The first $15,480. she earns in a calendar year is exempt (this amount may increase in 2015). If she earns over that amount then the 2 for 1 deduction kicks in.

Good for her. Keeping busy. And some free cookies and other goodies for you.

I just got an email from my daughter. For Mother's Day we will be going to see "In The Mood" this coming May. It is a two hour salute to music of the big bands of the 40's. Big bands as well as the band singers. Also the dancing of the era. I have a big, big smile on my face right now. I love going to the theatre and if it is a musical, even better. :angel:

That's awesome, Addie. I would love that myself. You really have something to look forward to!

That's awesome, Addie. I would love that myself. You really have something to look forward to!

At the theatre where it is being played, they have a handicap section for wheelchairs. I have a light chair that is easy to fold and pick up and place in the car. They even have a separate bathroom for us, and an usher that stands by during the show in case I might need emergency help or just a drink of water. I just love being handicapped! This is the theatre it is being shown in.

Home : Colonial Theatre | Citi Performing Arts Center

:angel:

I got my hair cut today. The last time I did was August 9, 2012. I know that because I looked in the check register! I really haven't gotten much of an answer from Himself to my "what do you think?" query. He's alternated between eyes-closed-hands-over-face and that special look on a goldfish when you take him our of his fishbowl and he's gulping air.

Keep in mind, what got lopped off is being donated. A long-time friend has been through two surgeries, multiple bouts of chemo and crap, and when I saw her this past summer she looked pretty good for a lady who's oncologist told her she is in Stage 4. This was for you Nancy. :heart: Be strong.

Here are the before, after, and "souvenir" photos:

Attachments

• 2014-10-21 18.33.23.jpg
    2014-10-21 18.33.23.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 2014-10-21 23.19.06.jpg
    2014-10-21 23.19.06.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 2014-10-22 02.01.41.jpg
    2014-10-22 02.01.41.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 155
"hubba hubba" wasn't exactly what Hubby Hubby said tonight.

And thank bt. We took about 8 pics, but we were both laughing so hard it was difficult to find one that didn't make me look like I just escaped from the loony bin. :wacko:

Hi CG! Drastic styling, looks good!

Getting ready for my pictures, I should be awake in time to put my best breast forward!

You look gorgeous CG.

The power has been out most of the night. This is very rare here in our complex but we had a horrific wind storm last night. My cell phone didn't charge fully so i have limited power.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I got my hair cut today. The last time I did was August 9, 2012. I know that because I looked in the check register! I really haven't gotten much of an answer from Himself to my "what do you think?" query. He's alternated between eyes-closed-hands-over-face and that special look on a goldfish when you take him our of his fishbowl and he's gulping air.

Keep in mind, what got lopped off is being donated. A long-time friend has been through two surgeries, multiple bouts of chemo and crap, and when I saw her this past summer she looked pretty good for a lady who's oncologist told her she is in Stage 4. This was for you Nancy. :heart: Be strong.

Here are the before, after, and "souvenir" photos:
The new short look suits you CG. Is the hair donated for wig making or was it a sponsored "chop" for charity.

At the theatre where it is being played, they have a handicap section for wheelchairs. I have a light chair that is easy to fold and pick up and place in the car. They even have a separate bathroom for us, and an usher that stands by during the show in case I might need emergency help or just a drink of water. I just love being handicapped! This is the theatre it is being shown in.

Home : Colonial Theatre | Citi Performing Arts Center

:angel:
Well, Addie, if you need someone to push that wheelchair to the concert just let me know :whistling

I love "swing". When I was in my teens and my contemporaries spending their pocket money on Beatles and Rolling Stones vinyl records, I was scouring jumble sales for old shellac 78s of British and American dance bands!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom