What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back from shopping, needed some Decaffeinated Black Tea. Also picked up some shaved roasted chicken from the deli (I love that for a sandwich). Had to go to Menards to find out why someone else's name was printed on our recipe. It was our card number. They said it must have been a special order and I said no that it was just items off of the sales floor. They went in the office and looked at the video and said that the man ahead of my DH was doing a special order but had to go back in the store for something and the checker must not have cleared the register. Thank goodness the only items on the receipt were what DH was buying. I am still going to check the bill when it comes and make sure that is all that is on there. I worked in retail for many years so I know to always check my sales receipt. We have one of our grocery stores here that seems to have a lot of items ring up wrong.

Soldier shot in the chest at the war memorial in Ottawa condition, not known, and shooting in the Parliament building. All public buildings locked down in the area. Thought to be Islam State thugs responsible..

Our power was off all night and I was up with Violet who hates storms. I missed any news but am putting it on now. Thanks Mad Cook.

No one is claiming respsonsibility yet for what is going on in Ottawa and Quebec, but the Parliament buildings, schools and the US Embassy are on lockdown, and security measures are in place in legislative buildings across the country as well as the Canadian Embassy in Washington D.C.

On a more personal front, we had a horrific storm overnight with power going out for 8 hours here. This never happens because the power in our complex is all underground but several transformers blew. Violet was shaking so bad due to the UPS's beeping and the sounds of the transformers that I was really concerned about her. I had her thunder shirt on but it didn't seem to help. She is sleeping peacefully at my feet now poor thing.

I was supposed to pick up one of the kids as she is sick and home, while the Mom and boy went to a Wednesday program near us. Now the boy is sick too and Mom is keeping them both home. So, my usual Wednesday time with them is cancelled :(. I have to be careful because my immune system is low and I can't afford to catch a virus.

So I guess I will be curled up watching the news unfold.

Sorry to you guys up in Canada for the Parliament shooting. It seems this entire world is going wacky all over. Hope things are resolved soon. AND that none of our DC people were in Ottawa today. CWS, you OK? And taxy, know you don't have a regularly working computer right now, but I hope you're fine too. Miss you hanging around here...

... Is the hair donated for wig making or was it a sponsored "chop" for charity.
I'll send it off to one of the charities that accept hair. I'm guessing mine will be sold off since there is probably more than 5% grey. I had found a Canadian site that said they made wigs for older women and would happily take grey hair. Unfortunately, they never answered back if they could accept hair "imported" from the U.S. I'll guess their lack of reply was a "no".

When I got up this morning, I remembered why I don't like my hair this short. It looks like heck after being slept on. :glare: Well, at least going this short got me an entire foot of hair to send. And I should be friendly towards my hair come Valentine's Day. Or Easter. But not this winter - my neck is freezing! :(

Sorry to you guys up in Canada for the Parliament shooting. It seems this entire world is going wacky all over. Hope things are resolved soon. AND that none of our DC people were in Ottawa today. CWS, you OK? And taxy, know you don't have a regularly working computer right now, but I hope you're fine too. Miss you hanging around here...

I'll send it off to one of the charities that accept hair. I'm guessing mine will be sold off since there is probably more than 5% grey. I had found a Canadian site that said they made wigs for older women and would happily take grey hair. Unfortunately, they never answered back if they could accept hair "imported" from the U.S. I'll guess their lack of reply was a "no".

When I got up this morning, I remembered why I don't like my hair this short. It looks like heck after being slept on. :glare: Well, at least going this short got me an entire foot of hair to send. And I should be friendly towards my hair come Valentine's Day. Or Easter. But not this winter - my neck is freezing! :(

Need a scarf???:LOL:

You need to lay in a supply of infinity scarves! ;)

01_a_1-1_infinity_scarf_%28pumpkin%29.jpg

Just finished cleaning the plant table!

I cut back the ivy plants each fall to prevent them from scorching on the radiator. I always feel bad when I have a large bag of cuttings and no one to pass them along to. I have given cuttings to the neighbors, the super and anyone else that could not outrun me, now they just go into the trash.

I cut the remaining leaf from the Amaryllis and put the pot into the refrigerator to rest for a couple of months. I will take it out around Christmas and see if it will blossom again. Cheap entertainment! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Have any of you had luck getting Amaryllis bulbs to bloom a second year?

That's beautiful, GG! Did you make it? I am working on one for my best friend but it is two different coloured (purple and teal) lacy infinity scarfs put together.

Oh no, Laurie, I haven't crocheted anything since high school. I should think about that, though. I have a friend who knits socks while she watches TV.

You can have ALL my waves, Mad Cook. We weren't friends when I was young, and we aren't going to be friends now. It's funny, but people with straight hair want some curl. I've always wished my curls were optional. That's probably why I like my hair at least chin-length. I could manage to get it to go where I wanted and, like a good doggy, it always stayed put.

At least my hair will grow. The foot I have to mail off will help someone not as fortunate.

I am a gardener and was running out of soil to pot up plants (don't have a car so buying bags of it from a garden centre not really practical).

Today my next door neighbour dug up their lawn (preparing to cement it over) so I was able to help myself to quite a bit! He even lugged bags of the fresh soil over into my back garden. :)

creative, are your neighbors yugoslavian or eastern european by any chance?

all of my neighbors of that ilk (i'm surrounded by them) immediately concrete over their small lawns and put up chain link fencing for some reason.

then they brag about how beautiful their mother country is. :ermm:

:wacko:

i'm waiting for one to put up razor wire.

Last edited:
Sadly it is a growing trend here in UK to concrete over front gardens. It is implicated as a factor contributing to flooding!

However, the reason why my neighbours are doing this is a more practical one. They would like to bring their car closer to their house since they have a disabled boy.

feeling better now after feeling like an old creep a minute earlier.

my truck was parked all the way down the block because of street sweeping regulations, and as i got in it i heard a girl laughing coming from just across the street.

i looked up and saw a girl that i think is around 18 or 19 taking selfies right in the big picture window on the 2nd floor of the house.

the window was not covered by blinds or drapes in any way, and the room was well lit. i don't think she realized that you could see in because of the mirror effect of a lighted room and it being dark outside.

anyway, as i was about to get in my truck, she removed her shirt taking more selfies in her bra.
then that quickly came off for more selfies.

as i was about to drive away, i looked at the porch of the house the other side of the street where i had parked and noticed 2 or 3 older men sitting on the porch drinking beer and smoking, and enjoying the show. apparently she does this a lot.

so as i pulled away i honked my horn hoping the girl would realize the situation.

i felt like a creepy old man for a few seconds, then realized i'm noting to these old guys.

they even cursed at me in polish as i drove away for ruining their show.

:eek:

feeling better now after feeling like an old creep a minute earlier.

my truck was parked all the way down the block because of street sweeping regulations, and as i got in it i heard a girl laughing coming from just across the street.

i looked up and saw a girl that i think is around 18 or 19 taking selfies right in the big picture window on the 2nd floor of the house.

the window was not covered by blinds or drapes in any way, and the room was well lit. i don't think she realized that you could see in because of the mirror effect of a lighted room and it being dark outside.

anyway, as i was about to get in my truck, she removed her shirt taking more selfies in her bra.
then that quickly came off for more selfies.

as i was about to drive away, i looked at the porch of the house the other side of the street where i had parked and noticed 2 or 3 older men sitting on the porch drinking beer and smoking, and enjoying the show. apparently she does this a lot.

so as i pulled away i honked my horn hoping the girl would realize the situation.

i felt like a creepy old man for a few seconds, then realized i'm noting to these old guys.

they even cursed at me in polish as i drove away for ruining their show.

:eek:

Did she stop what she was doing? You're not a creepy old man. You are the neighborhood kill joy! :angel:

It seems every time my DH uses the pepper shaker he starts to sneeze, so I decided to put the salt and pepper in the same shaker. I used 3 part salt to 1 part pepper. Well, it works out great for him. He used it last night for supper and said what a great idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom