What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you don't believe that prices are according to the location of where the store is located, go to the Market Basket weekly flyer. Click on a Gotrocks (love that title) location and look at the prices. Then go to their flagship store in Chelsea. Big difference. Somewhere they have to make a profit....
Almost always up for the challenge, I did compare four different flyers: Chelsea (your usual), Oxford (my closest and usual), Hudson and Newburyport (two towns neither of us could afford :LOL: ) and saw the same prices for the first three pages. Since a number of those items did not list a savings, but rather the "compare and save" they put by a regular price, I'm going to figure non-sale items are close enough in price that it wouldn't be worth the drive for us to go shop at Chelsea. ;)

I do know MB's prices are much better on most items than the other stores by me within about the same driving distance. Although I'm not opposed to chase loss-leaders, it's just easier to buy most everything each week at good, ol' Market Basket.

I seem to have outgrown many sweets/chocolates these days (too much sugar) and wanted something more interesting than plain chocolate.

I cut up some of the fresh coconut I had and transformed it into little sweets/'bounty bars' by dipping them in organic plain chocolate and leaving them to set! :cool:

I'm home from this month's major shopping binge. I'm pretty sore, but not as bad as it sometimes is.

I've got all the groceries put away, now for the prep.

But, first, I'm having lunch. I usually buy a couple of Banquet Salisbury Steak pot pies. They don't require any real cooking, just heat and eat.

Shopping day is rarely a day for cooking.

I'm working on the lists of what has to be prepped, and figuring out how I'm gonna get all this stuff organized in my freezer.

Another list is of the goodies I've bought, and working on recipes for their use.

I can relax now, and enjoy this part of shopping spree day!

A few beers along the way make this part of my day enjoyable.

Addie, did you get your shopping done yet?

Up at 2:30 this morning!

Made a pot of sauce, chicken soup and a casserole of eggplant parm!

Dishes are done, waiting for the sauce to cool so I can toss a couple containers into the freezer.

Don't forget to vote!

I'm home from this month's major shopping binge. I'm pretty sore, but not as bad as it sometimes is.

I've got all the groceries put away, now for the prep.

But, first, I'm having lunch. I usually buy a couple of Banquet Salisbury Steak pot pies. They don't require any real cooking, just heat and eat.

Shopping day is rarely a day for cooking.

I'm working on the lists of what has to be prepped, and figuring out how I'm gonna get all this stuff organized in my freezer.

Another list is of the goodies I've bought, and working on recipes for their use.

I can relax now, and enjoy this part of shopping spree day!

A few beers along the way make this part of my day enjoyable.

Addie, did you get your shopping done yet?

No. I had an appointment with the gastroenterologist to find out why I have so much trouble swallowing. The night before I ate a few tiny pieces of chicken left on the bone that The Pirate had. They got stuck in my chest and I spent the night trying to get them up. I was so sick, I couldn't even get up the strength to go to my appointment. I finally got the last piece up about 11 a.m. After vomiting all night, I fell into a really deep sleep out of pure exhaustion.

I am already half dressed and will go down to vote at seven a.m. and then off to shopping. I feel so much better. I feel worse when I don't get a good sleep, than any medicine I might take. I have all my coupons divided between what is on Spike's half of the list and mine. I have never been this organized when it comes to shopping. I am so dang proud of myself.

I know. I should have gone to the doctor's. It was the perfect time for him to see what my problem was and what it does to me. I just didn't have the strength to even put on my slacks. At one point I considered calling the ambulance. That is when the biggest of the small pieces came up. So I called off that idea. :angel:

Two hours later and I am back from shopping. It was exhausting. We were there just after seven and the store was still empty. Yea! I went down to vote and had to wait for one minute. I was early. The polls open at seven and there was still one minute to go. Bless Spike. He always puts all my groceries away except for the pantry items. I leave them for The Pirate to do. Now I just have to prepare the meats for the freezer. :angel:

DH straggled home after an all-day workshop. He's still in a zombie-like state, and never believed me when I told him about having to undergo inservices/day-long meetings at least twice a month, returning home in the same zombie-like state.

However, the Bath Fitter guy came at 6:30, as scheduled, and we're getting a new shower! I've had to marine putty up the old fiberglass one, the cleaning people kept dropping stuff and putting holes in the floor. And the paint is chunking off the top. DH, having been a contractor, had all sorts of questions and managed to draw out the Q&A, so the guy finally left after 8 pm. I missed Survivor, but had foresight to tape it.

Last edited:
Yay, Dawg! Been contemplating re-doing my master bath shower too, but I've been putting it off....:rolleyes: Hope your DH is out of zombie state by now. :LOL:

I thought I was going to be in zombie state this afternoon - my drivers license expires next week and instead of being able to just mail it in after years of doing so, I had to have a vision test and new pic this time. Ugh. Stopped by the DMV without an appt. to get it done, and was in and out within 20 minutes. One person in line in front of me who was just leaving. Love living in a small town. :ohmy: :LOL:

Last edited:
I've been watching the local news on the TV with one eye, scanning threads here with the other, while listening to snips of the Cavs basketball game. The entire time I've been wondering why I'm doing ANY of those things. We leave for vacation in less than a week and I have nothing ready! I do this a lot. I work best under pressure. And there'll be lots of pressure, if I wait too long. *sigh*

I've been watching the local news on the TV with one eye, scanning threads here with the other, while listening to snips of the Cavs basketball game. The entire time I've been wondering why I'm doing ANY of those things. We leave for vacation in less than a week and I have nothing ready! I do this a lot. I work best under pressure. And there'll be lots of pressure, if I wait too long. *sigh*

I'd already be living out of a suitcase by now...:ROFLMAO:

Poor Dawg and DH. It sounds like a rotten ending to a rotten day for the both of you. But, guess what? Today is over, and really rotten days don't seem to happen all in a row, sooooo.... tomorrow should be a pretty okay day. (Fingers crossed for you.)

Thanks Z! I put DH to bed. We get a new shower! I'm really excited! It's strange to have to think of all the "old people" stuff. But I'm having a foot shelf put in for leg shaving. Who knew they had such a thing?

Did you get a seat????? That's what I'd like, although the toilet lid works okay for leg shaving. (snicker)

No seat, the shower's too small. I figure I'll just put a stepstool in there when there's a need. We did forgo the roll bar, but they're putting in the backup structure for attaching one in the future.

Last edited:
I kinda thought so. My shower/tub is a one piece. There is a handle above the soap dish, but with the shower rod, caddy for shampoo/stuff, and other reachable things, I'm covered for handles to keep me from slipping.

At my age, 68, I don't need any broken bones!

I was kind of surprised that you were adding those kind off things. I've always had the impression that you are much younger.

You're sweet! Bath Fitters have a lifetime warrenty, we're not old codgers yet, but are looking into the future. DH's parents are in their late 80's, so it makes sense if they visit.

Last edited:
Oh, I get it now, I hadn't gotten the in law connection. But thanks for the old codger comment. Now I'm feeling elderly.

I'm off to try to sleep. Later, girlfriend! XOXOX

Last edited:
I'd already be living out of a suitcase by now...:ROFLMAO:
Well let's see: if I was living out of a suitcase, I'd be a bit under-clothed. :ermm: I don't have much of a wardrobe. I have set aside the short-sleeved tops since it's chilly up here but in the upper 70's-low 80's in FL. I'll be doing a massive laundry event on Saturday (air-dried) and Sunday (everything else), then wearing the stuff I won't been seen in public with on Monday. Bonus: the time-share has a washer and dryer. Just in case...

Back
Top Bottom