What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I get it now, I hadn't gotten the in law connection. But thanks for the old codger comment. Now I'm feeling elderly.

I'm off to try to sleep. Later girlfriend! XOXOX

Gah! In no way was I implying you're an old codger! :wub:

Well let's see: if I was living out of a suitcase, I'd be a bit under-clothed. :ermm: I don't have much of a wardrobe. I have set aside the short-sleeved tops since it's chilly up here but in the upper 70's-low 80's in FL. I'll be doing a massive laundry event on Saturday (air-dried) and Sunday (everything else), then wearing the stuff I won't been seen in public with on Monday. Bonus: the time-share has a washer and dryer. Just in case...

I tend to start packing a week before we make a planned trip...and it takes two weeks to unpack once back.

No seat, the shower's too small. I figure I'll just put a stepstool in there when there's a need. We did forgo the roll bar, but they're putting in the backup structure for attaching one in the future.

Amazon.com: ROUND STOOL Bath Bench Adjustable Height, Lightweight Shower Bench with Non-slip Seat, White: Health & Personal Care

Fits in a shower perfectly and is adjustable. Perfect. I had one and like an idiot gave it away. Even fits in a tub. I had Spike put a grab bar just outside the tub/shower so I could hold on instead of standing on one foot while stepping outside. Much safer and I feel more secure. :angel:

I never pack anything until the day before we leave..even on a very long trip. If I do, I always forget what I've already packed. All my underwear is stuffed into a zipper net laundry bag, as I hate digging through a stuffed suitcase for those kinds of things.

I like that shower stool Addie. I have a corner seat in my shower, but my big rear doesn't fit. That stool is small, but has "hangover" room. :ohmy:

Last edited:
I never pack anything until the day before we leave..even on a very long trip. If I do, I always forget what I've already packed. All my underwear is stuffed into a net laundry bag, as I hate digging through a stuffed suitcase for those kinds of things.

I like that shower stool Addie. I have a corner seat in my shower, but my big rear doesn't fit. That stool is small, but has "hangover" room. :ohmy:

I kick myself every time I go into the shower. Now if my hip starts to hurt, I just sit on the edge of the tub. Winthrop gave me a wide seat with a back. Way to big for the tub. What were they thinking? They didn't even measured the width of the tub before they sent it to me. I tossed out the back and now let the large packages of toilet paper sit on it. May as well get some use out of it. :angel:

I like that stool too, Addie. So far we don't need one, but we'll definitely keep it in mind, especially if DH's parents visit.

I like that stool too, Addie. So far we don't need one, but we'll definitely keep it in mind, especially if DH's parents visit.

I don't really need one either Dawg but stuff happens when you least expect it. A year ago when I broke my foot, I sure wished I had one. The metal step stool in the shower was interesting. :LOL:

I don't really need one either Dawg but stuff happens when you least expect it. A year ago when I broke my foot, I sure wished I had one. The metal step stool in the shower was interesting. :LOL:

True. I've had a broken foot/ankle and probably could have used one.

My girlfriend in Atlanta was having a problem with her father. He is in his late 90's and had stopped showering. How do you tell your father that he stinks? I suggested that maybe he didn't feel safe in the shower any more. So she put in some grab bars along with one outside the shower. She also had the stool put in there. Problem solved. In fact he stays in there so long he often runs out of hot water. I think once we all hit our 60's we become more acutely aware of the possibility of falling in the shower or tub.

One woman I know had those do-it-yourself foot prints in the tub. One came a little loose around the edge and she tripped on the end. Nasty fall, broken arm. :angel:

I never pack anything until the day before we leave..even on a very long trip. If I do, I always forget what I've already packed. All my underwear is stuffed into a zipper net laundry bag, as I hate digging through a stuffed suitcase for those kinds of things.

A malady that comes on with age for all of us. But it does have a "non-slip" pad on the seat. So the hangover will stay put. :angel:

Last edited:
We have a shower chair, has been useful several times for both of us.

There are days when you just want a shower and to lay down after. But you are just too tired to stand up in the shower. That is when you really appreciate one of those seats. When I find my hip hurting too much in the shower, I just sit on the edge of the tub for a few minutes. That is when my hair and scalp get a good scrubbing. Then when I can stand up again, I rinse off. :angel:

I've been sitting and thinking about how the dinner dishes are not going to do themselves! :LOL: Better start the dishwasher sometime soon.

I've also been "watching" the Browns play the Bengals - football game is down in Cincinnati. Since we don't have the NFL Network I've been watching the play-by-play via Yahoo's sports page. Golly, the Browns are winning! :ohmy: IF we win (there's still half a game to go, so anything could happen...), we will be the best team in the division. Still wouldn't put money on a Super Bowl appearance. All things considered though, this has been a pretty fun year.

Just got back about an hour ago from a Costco trip with my daughter, SIL, and grandson, and everything is finally put away. Whew, I'm beat. :LOL: It's a 3 hour round trip to the nearest Costco, so it pretty much took the whole day. Grandson Tyler (4 years old) was a trooper. :)

I have enough shampoo, conditioner, lotions, body wash, make-up remover towelettes, TP, paper towels, mouthwash, vitamins, etc., etc., to last a year. Bed is gonna feel mighty good tonight. Yawn.....:LOL:

:LOL: Cheryl, how'd you get my shopping list?

Glad you had a nice time! Costco exhausts me too.

LOL Dawg, I told my daughter I was going to stock up on all that stuff and more, so that I hopefully don't have to set foot in WalMart for a good long time! :ermm::LOL:

The Costco Christmas rush is starting though, it was pretty crowded.

Just got back about an hour ago from a Costco trip with my daughter, SIL, and grandson, and everything is finally put away. Whew, I'm beat. :LOL: It's a 3 hour round trip to the nearest Costco, so it pretty much took the whole day. Grandson Tyler (4 years old) was a trooper. :)

I have enough shampoo, conditioner, lotions, body wash, make-up remover towelettes, TP, paper towels, mouthwash, vitamins, etc., etc., to last a year. Bed is gonna feel mighty good tonight. Yawn.....:LOL:

Why wait until tonight. I vote for a short nap. An hour or so. :angel:

Several years ago DH bought a shower chair at a flea market. He said he was going to use it for fishing. He never did, but when I had my heart surgery we put it to good use. I was very glad we had it. By the time I came home from the hospital, he had removed the shower head and replaced it with one that you could detach and use as a hand held. I sat on the little shower chair and he bathed me, then rinsed me off with the hand held shower head. Very sweet. He also attached a bar on the tub that helped me get on and off the toilet. Since that time, he added some grab bars...one going horizontally above the soap dish and the other one vertically where I step out of the shower. It does make me feel much safer. I friend recently got a concussion when she slipped in the shower.

Back
Top Bottom