What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished up a video chat with Rob, this is my last night out of town for a work trip, have been gone for 9 days and can't wait to be home and in my own bed. Rob came to visit this weekend and it was great. The hotel has been very comfortable, but there is nothing like home!

We're hitting the road! Come Friday we'll be enjoying our view of the Gulf. Looks like we're getting out of Dodge just in time - cold front moving in on Friday. It's just a little too early for the 20's for me.

Just removed about a dozen tiny, unripe hard figs from my fig tree. Had not a single ripe fig this year. Not sure if it was a lack of watering (I had been away a lot) or lack of wasp pollination that is needed for them to fruit. (The flowers are inside the figs). There is said to be a decline in wasps....:ermm:

It's been a busy day for me. First, the doctor for my annual review and getting my prescriptions renewed for the next six months. Blood tests to see how some of the meds have been working.

Then, it was off to Walmart to pickup new prescriptions and some printer ink I was completely out of.

I made it home with cab fare, a few groceries, and 98¢ left in the bank!

I'm taking it easy and having some dinner.

The 98¢ isn't a problem. I have books on order and some new reading glasses. Other than that, I have everything else I need. If not, I'll make do.

Many years ago I opened an overdraft protection account. Fortunately I have never reached my limit of credit. But with each year that we get an increase in our SS, I find that I need that line of credit less and less. My needs has decreased as the years go by also. I don't want anything that has to be dusted. And any clothing I may need, I wait until Mother's Day, my birthday and Christmas. Then I let my kids get what I need. My food needs are covered by food stamps. And even then I don't use it all. I usually have a couple of dollars left over to carry over to the next month. So all in all, I am holding my own. But I have been where you are right now. And like you said, you make do. Fortunately my kids are all close by and can help me out if necessary. :angel:

We're hitting the road! Come Friday we'll be enjoying our view of the Gulf. Looks like we're getting out of Dodge just in time - cold front moving in on Friday. It's just a little too early for the 20's for me.

Have a great time, safe travel and keep us all updated.
A class presentation with photos included would be nice once you're home and settled :clap:

:angel: One to watch over you and Himself.

Safe traveling and enjoy your vacation. And to think you left me behind. Some friend! :angel:

Last edited:
I just finished taking apart my understudy turkey. I have a meal of chicken thighs and two breast halves in the freezer for next year some time. The bones, drumstick, wings and other parts are in the oven roasting for a stock. All is cleaned up and sanitized.

I love the smell of bleach in the morning. (OK it's afternoon.)

I went to get up today and I thought my hip was broken. It is just a lot, LOT of pain. The new pain meds are not working so I took two Vicodin. I can walk sideways, but not put one foot in front of the other. Moving seems to lessen the pain. So I cleaned the bathroom floor, let Rosie out of her corner to vacuum and have been keeping myself busy with little chores.

I really need to make something for supper tonight. I didn't eat yesterday or the day before. When I am in pain, I have no appetite. And The Pirate will be here to check on me, so it would be nice to have something for him after working all day. I have a freezer full so there is no need to go hungry. And it is not good for me to skip eating.

I have had the TV on just one channel all day. I think I have seen enough of animal doctors. So I have been watching westerns. Much more interesting. I have to laugh at The Pirate. Anytime I have a medical program, he starts heaving. Can't stand the sight of blood. And I love blood and gore. :angel:

Thanks for the angel Addie. He was busy on our drive through D.C.

K-girl, I'll see what I can do about pics.

And don't you all worry about tinlizzie and her cross stitch. I'm giving her a personal lesson next week. :)

I'm trying to figure out what to eat. My stomach is a bit sensitive, I can't just eat any old thing I feel like it, I have to sit and think about what my body feels like it needs and what my body feels like it would try to reject, which can be different every time.

Right now I'm thinking I could go something light with maybe bread and a fish meat of some kind with some spinnach and lettuce, but the smoked fish upsets my tummy and the rest is still frozen. Hmm... what to substitute...?

Addie, my hand held shower head is attached up where the original shower head was and you just unattach it to use it hand held. We usually just use it as a regular shower head except for when I had my surgery. Also, when DH had all that pain from his shingles he felt too weak to stand up so he used the shower chair and the hand held shower head.

Most of his pain from his shingles is gone, but I still see him rubbing his chest occasionally. If he puts his cell phone in his shirt pocket it starts to hurt after a while.

Katie
, that pin cushion is so cute! I have absolutely no imagination when it comes to thinking up things like that. Any time I tried making crafts the stuff looked like a kindergarten project. LOL Was that all glued together or did you keep the cup and saucer seperate?

Addie, my hand held shower head is attached up where the original shower head was and you just unattach it to use it hand held. We usually just use it as a regular shower head except for when I had my surgery. Also, when DH had all that pain from his shingles he felt too weak to stand up so he used the shower chair and the hand held shower head.

Most of his pain from his shingles is gone, but I still see him rubbing his chest occasionally. If he puts his cell phone in his shirt pocket it starts to hurt after a while.

Katie
, that pin cushion is so cute! I have absolutely no imagination when it comes to thinking up things like that. Any time I tried making crafts the stuff looked like a kindergarten project. LOL Was that all glued together or did you keep the cup and saucer separate?

Carol no matter what I say, I can't convince The Pirate and Spike to get their anti shingles shot. They both have had the chicken pox twice and the second time for each of them was very severe. My daughter had her shot at the insistence of her oncologist. And of course Poo as a medical professional, made sure he got his. I got mine when I told my doctor that I have never had the chicken pox. Within five minutes, the nurse was at my side while I was talking to the doctor. I wish those two idiots sons of mine could see someone who has had or has shingles and see what they go through and how painful it is.

That spot on your husbands chest is going to be sensitive for a long time. He has my sympathy. I watched my second husband go through it. For a long time I couldn't return a hug. :angel:

Thanks for the angel Addie. He was busy on our drive through D.C.

K-girl, I'll see what I can do about pics.

And don't you all worry about tinlizzie and her cross stitch. I'm giving her a personal lesson next week. :)

I truly believe that everyone has an angel watching over them. And if they don't then I am willing to share one for them.

I know that my daughter is looking down on her children and keeping them safe and on the right path. :angel:

Addie, it's been a great football weekend at Chez Goddess! Our OSU Buckeyes won 49-37. Then, to put the icing on the cake, the lowly New York Jets beat the Browns arch-rival, the Pittsburgh Steelers! For the first time in something like two decades, the Browns are leading their division. So THIS is what it's like to be a Patriot's fan? I'm not used to my football team winning. :LOL: I sure wish pac was coming around though. We could celebrate together! Miss the guy...

CG, Spike has been following the placements of where the teams stand. He mentioned that Buckeyes were usually not in the running for anything. I told him that we have a member from Cleveland and he did say that she has something to celebrate and look forward to. :angel:

Babysitting a pot of roasted turkey bones as they simmer away giving up their delicious goodness to the surrounding liquid so I can make Thanksgiving goodies that are unparalleled.

Babysitting a pot of roasted turkey bones as they simmer away giving up their delicious goodness to the surrounding liquid so I can make Thanksgiving goodies that are unparalleled.

I can smell it all the way to here. Moisture for the stuffing, stock for the gravy, oh dear. I need to stop. :angel:

I can smell it all the way to here. Moisture for the stuffing, stock for the gravy, oh dear. I need to stop. :angel:

...and to make the pilaf. My family has always had pilaf as the starch for Thanksgiving dinner. I use the turkey stock to make it.

In my whole life, I have had exactly one Thanksgiving without pilaf. That was when a long gone girlfriend cooked Thanksgiving dinner for me. There was plenty of other stuff to make up for it.

...and to make the pilaf. My family has always had pilaf as the starch for Thanksgiving dinner. I use the turkey stock to make it.

In my whole life, I have had exactly one Thanksgiving without pilaf. That was when a long gone girlfriend cooked Thanksgiving dinner for me. There was plenty of other stuff to make up for it.

Certain foods are as much of a tradition as the holiday itself. :angel:

I always use turkey stock to make my rice, well now brown rice thanks to the diabetes. It tastes fabulous!

Back
Top Bottom