What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CG, Spike has been following the placements of where the teams stand. He mentioned that Buckeyes were usually not in the running for anything. I told him that we have a member from Cleveland and he did say that she has something to celebrate and look forward to. :angel:

Addie, maybe Spike said that the BROWNS were not usually in the running. Those Ohio State Buckeyes are a great team! They are usually in one of the four big bowl games each year, often playing for a national championship. Now about those hapless Browns... *sigh*

Just threw a bag of rinsed dried black beans along with lots of onion, garlic, couple of packs of Sazon, some chicken broth and water and some chili powder in the crockpot. Have a hankering for refried beans.

Just threw a bag of rinsed dried black beans along with lots of onion, garlic, couple of packs of Sazon, some chicken broth and water and some chili powder in the crockpot. Have a hankering for refried beans.

Oh, yum...that sounds good. :yum: I prefer black beans for refried beans, too. If I'm in a hurry I just open a can of black beans, drain them, pour them in a skillet with a little chicken broth, jalapenos, and onions and use my potato masher to mash them a bit. But I always have store bought refried beans in the pantry just in case. :LOL:

Oh, yum...that sounds good. :yum: I prefer black beans for refried beans, too. If I'm in a hurry I just open a can of black beans, drain them, pour them in a skillet with a little chicken broth, jalapenos, and onions and use my potato masher to mash them a bit. But I always have store bought refried beans in the pantry just in case. :LOL:

That was my intent, Cheryl, but when I looked in the turntable, I found I was out of canned black beans! Oh, the humanity!

Holy cow....I've been crazy busy the past 2 days. Got a lot done, though. :)

As I was getting down totes of holiday decorations from the garage shelves, dust and dirt came flying at me. :ermm: Over the past couple of days I've taken down all the totes and brushed all the layers of dirt from the shelving units, swept the rest of the garage and tossed a bunch of stuff, boxed up clothes, books, and other stuff from the house I no longer need and took them to the thrift shop, bought and boxed up foods and delivered to the food bank, washed the car, made and froze my turkey stock for Thanksgiving gravy and stuffing, and I can't even think of what else now. Whew. :LOL:

Holy cow....I've been crazy busy the past 2 days. Got a lot done, though. :)

As I was getting down totes of holiday decorations from the garage shelves, dust and dirt came flying at me. :ermm: Over the past couple of days I've taken down all the totes and brushed all the layers of dirt from the shelving units, swept the rest of the garage and tossed a bunch of stuff, boxed up clothes, books, and other stuff from the house I no longer need and took them to the thrift shop, bought and boxed up foods and delivered to the food bank, washed the car, made and froze my turkey stock for Thanksgiving gravy and stuffing, and I can't even think of what else now. Whew. :LOL:

So when do you get to my house?? I'll have refried black beans ready!

Sounds good to me, Dawg!

I don't know why I choose this time of year to do all this stuff, but I always do...guess I'm reverse nesting or something. :LOL: Or maybe because the weather is so perfectly in-between cold and hot. That's more likely. :)

I'm sitting on our screened balcony (3rd floor) listening to the crashing surf, sipping wine, and enjoying the moment.

Sure, rub it in. Thirty degrees here. You left just in time. And Monday it is supposed to rain all day. Now I have to get dressed and run to the store. And to think you are missing out on all this joyous weather. :angel:

Imagination/visualisation can be a very effective and powerful tool I find.....we can all go to our "happy" place! :)

acttr
acttr
Finally a day off. Not doing much of anything today, but relaxing. Swam this morning & taking it easy today.

Well said creative!

'Nuther gloomy day today, except it began this way unlike yesterday that began a bit sunny.

This is the perfect day to escape to my studio with Sally and Bella, a good audio book and a project. Sally and Bella await. I've already stated an audio book by one of my favorite authors and my project, which I began yesterday, is on the cutting table ready to be completed.

A few weeks ago my best friend gave me quite a few large scraps of burgundy ultrasuede. I needed a new wallet, so I made one right away and, yesterday, I nearly finished a credit card wallet to match. Gee, I could even make a checkbook holder, too. The one I'm using is falling apart.

I even think there'll be enough of the ultrasuede to make a small cosmetic bag for my purse. By the time I finish, my handbag will be so coordinated I won't recognize it.

Just got done going through all of my spices. I put all of the baking ones on the bottom of a double shelf turntable and all of the cooking ones on top. And I put them in alphabetical order, much easier to find.

Just finished updating my health insurance for next year!

I have been working on this since Saturday and tonight I had the luck of finding a CSR that knows how to do the job! She did in 10 minutes what I have spent at least 8 hours, including hold time, trying to do!

I miss sitting across the desk from people when I'm doing business, progress makes me sad! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Worked on putting up shades in the spare bedroom. One works splendidly, hardware and all. I think the other shade might be too big for the window. I'm debating whether to send it back or just play around with it until it fits. The shades are ones where you can rip the plastic off the side and squish the rod in until it fits the window hardware. Just hoping it can rip and squish enough to fit the smaller window.

DH came back from a road trip with a dozen farm fresh eggs, 3 turnips, two beets, and some carrots, from a friend who has chickens and gets other stuff from a co-op. I'm really excited about the turnips!

Last edited:
Worked on putting up shades in the spare bedroom. One works splendidly, hardware and all. I think the other shade might be too big for the window. I'm debating whether to send it back or just play around with it until it fits. The shades are ones where you can rip the plastic off the side and squish the rod in until it fits the window hardware. Just hoping it can rip and squish enough to fit the smaller window.

DH came back from a road trip with a dozen farm fresh eggs, 3 turnips, two beets, and some carrots, from a friend who has chickens and gets other stuff from a co-op. I'm really excited about the turnips!

Some girls get roses and some girls get turnips! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Since I am on a night schedule, I caught up on my daytime shows then started making many different recipes. Cookies and 2 different slider recipes. I also gave my 8 week old yorkie mix her 2nd bath ever. Now, finished with all my cooking projects for the day I am waiting on my S/O to get home from work and probably have to make him some mac & chz grilled cheese sammies when he gets home...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom