What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm giving my legs an alcohol rubdown...from the inside (bottoms up!). Recovering from switching out my summer curtains to the winter ones. I did a complete switch in the living room, washing the window while I was there, then cleaning off the window seat and setting up a little window scene for Christmas. I still have to hang the family room curtains, but I got those danged things, complete with a very long ruffled edge, all pressed nice and crisp. While I had the iron and board out, I also ironed two valances that will go in windows in a few months. That, plus two dinners, and I'm all tuckered out.

I'm giving my legs an alcohol rubdown...from the inside (bottoms up!). Recovering from switching out my summer curtains to the winter ones. I did a complete switch in the living room, washing the window while I was there, then cleaning off the window seat and setting up a little window scene for Christmas. I still have to hang the family room curtains, but I got those danged things, complete with a very long ruffled edge, all pressed nice and crisp. While I had the iron and board out, I also ironed two valances that will go in windows in a few months. That, plus two dinners, and I'm all tuckered out.

I am tuckered out just reading about it. Good grief girl. Where did all that energy come from.

I have a slew of appointments between now and the middle of January. On one day I have two appointments. I hate when that happens. It saps me of all my energy. One time I had three appointments in one day. When I got home, I was so tired that I started crying. I will never make that mistake again. That was really a stressful day for me. :angel:

I use 4" X 6" index cards for each of my medications. I write down the name, size(mg), purpose, the current Rx#, and number of refills remaining.

When I'm renewing prescriptions (by automated phone), I put those cards in my purse so if a Rx is missing when I go to pick them up, I can tell which one is missing.

I update my cards from the actual Rx label.

I also take all of the cards with me when I visit the Dr., so we can discuss each one and make changes if necessary and renew the Rx as needed.

I made a one-page Word document with my medical information. Front side has my name, phone number and birth date, doctors' names and contact info, and DH's name and contact information. Below that is a table listing each med, Rx and OTC, dosage and frequency, and what it's for.

Back side has a brief medical history that lists diagnoses with year diagnosed and surgery dates and locations and what it was for. DH also has a copy. I keep a copy in my purse and take an updated copy with me to all medical appointments and hospitalizations. It's saved me a lot of time and aggravation.

Okay. Don't anyone yell at me. I went downstairs to wait for my ride to the hospital. The nurse made the appointment, but she failed to let the front desk know about it so they could make the arrangements for transportation. My ride never arrived. So I never made it to my appointment with my cardio doctor. This time it wasn't my fault. I intend to file a former complaint. They really need to work on their communication skills. :angel:

Since this has happened before, it might be a good idea to check with the front desk the day before and make sure your transportation has been arranged.

Since this has happened before, it might be a good idea to check with the front desk the day before and make sure your transportation has been arranged.

After pitching a fit this morning, Winthrop managed to get me in today. So I am all dressed and will leave in an hour. I even called Cataldo to make sure they had gotten a call from Winthrop and had me listed for a pickup. But you are right. I am going to have to do my own follow-ups. Now when I leave the doctor's office, they will give me a new appointment in six months for a follow-up. I will come home with it and phone it in to Winthrop. Then I will also enter it into my calendar on the 'puter and a reminder for the computer to me to call Winthrop the day before. I will also make sure I mark down who I talked to. :angel:

Just mixed up 6 batches of cookie dough. I'm taking it easy this year and doing all of my best drop cookies instead of decorated, dipped and fussy cookies. People love these cookies.

This is a great time of year to have temporary custody of my mother's Kitchen Aid mixer, made things a lot quicker!

IMG_20141218_190852402.jpg

Just mixed up 6 batches of cookie dough. I'm taking it easy this year and doing all of my best drop cookies instead of decorated, dipped and fussy cookies. People love these cookies.

This is a great time of year to have temporary custody of my mother's Kitchen Aid mixer, made things a lot quicker!

IMG_20141218_190852402.jpg

Looks like you had a double exposure.

It's almost 8PM - going to pour a glass of wine, settle myself and kitty in the recliner, and watch "The Hundred Foot Journey" for the first time. :)

I came home from my appointment last night with my cardio doctor. I had a bad case of the dry heaves. I thought my poor driver was going to have a heart attack for fear that I was going to barf in his vehicle. Never fear. I only get the dry heaves. I laid down at 7 p.m. and woke up at three this morning. Now I go for my barium test this morning. Oh joy. That's something to look forward to. I just want an answer as to why I have so much trouble swallowing. But I did find out just how much weight I have lost. And even I was surprised.

I am a lot smaller than I was a year ago. I now even have a waistline. Time to go down to a smaller size. :angel:

I now have a new curse for my enemies.

"May you have a barium test every day for a month."

That stuff is so nasty! :angel:

Sitting at the tire place. My original intent was to get tires today, but decided to put it off until after Christmas. Today I was checking the tire pressure and broke the valve stem. Now I have to take off the tire, and manage to break off the lug nut. I think that this is my car's way of forcing me to buy it new shoes.

I made a one-page Word document with my medical information. Front side has my name, phone number and birth date, doctors' names and contact info, and DH's name and contact information. Below that is a table listing each med, Rx and OTC, dosage and frequency, and what it's for.

Back side has a brief medical history that lists diagnoses with year diagnosed and surgery dates and locations and what it was for. DH also has a copy. I keep a copy in my purse and take an updated copy with me to all medical appointments and hospitalizations. It's saved me a lot of time and aggravation.

OK, GG and PF, thanks -- a meds list plus history is a very good idea, too. I'll do another page. I can hear those little ducks-in-a-row quacking already.

I'm getting things ready for tomorrow afternoon's "bake-a-thon." A friend and her two sons (12 and 10) are coming out to learn how to make knaeckerbrot, divinity, krumkake and some other goodies. We will be using TNT recipes BUT we will also be converting them to recipes using baker's percentages. The older boy is a gifted child and has been researching baker's percentages since I mentioned it to his mom. It is so nice to be able to pass on what my grandma taught me to s/one else. Since we don't have children, I am so glad my friend let's me be part of her sons' lives. She is married to a man from India, so they celebrate his holidays and NA holidays. I'm excited to play in the kitchen with them!

If I have time this year, I want to make divinity, I haven't made it in years!

Years ago, I would burn up mixers making it, now it isn't a problem with the Kitchenaid. I may use my 50's era Dormeyer mixer, the one just like it that belonged to my great grandmother did a great job making divinity.

Years ago, I would burn up mixers making it, now it isn't a problem with the Kitchenaid. I may use my 50's era Dormeyer mixer, the one just like it that belonged to my great grandmother did a great job making divinity.

My Grandmother used to make a batch using the liquid from a jar of maraschino cherries for part of the water in the simple syrup and then adding some finely chopped cherries instead of pecans at the end. I always associate that perfumey almond cherry taste with divinity. Food memories are the best! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Grandma would get her divinity out of her extra freezer. It tasted like sweetened dust, and was probably 8 years old!

We're watching the rain falling here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom