What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reading back several pages...I carry a type written list of my meds in my wallet. You never know when you might be hit by a bus. It's with my drivers license if they need to know who I am.:cool: :ermm:

Katie, I sure hope you take some pictures for us of those adorable doll beds!

Cheryl, did you love "Hundred Yard Journey" as much as I did?

I'm sitting here with a glass of wine smelling broccoli soup on the stove.

Reading back several pages...I carry a type written list of my meds in my wallet. You never know when you might be hit by a bus. It's with my drivers license if they need to know who I am.:cool: :ermm:

Cheryl, did you love "Hundred Yard Journey" as much as I did?

I'm sitting here with a glass of wine smelling broccoli soup on the stove.

Yes, when I print out my med list I make one copy reduced in size and slide that into my wallet. I also have a Medic Alert pendant I wear out of the house, it is registered online and has a PIN number so my entire health history can be accessed by EMT's, the hospital, etc.

Grandma would get her divinity out of her extra freezer. It tasted like sweetened dust, and was probably 8 years old!

We're watching the rain falling here.

There was a lady in my hometown named Dot, she made the best divinity that I've ever eaten, I'm not sure what she did to it, but it was perfect! My mom used to bring me some when she'd come to visit. Dot was always excited to make a batch just for me! I also to this day use her sugar cookie recipe, that lady was a wiz in the kitchen.

Yes, when I print out my med list I make one copy reduced in size and slide that into my wallet. I also have a Medic Alert pendant I wear out of the house, it is registered online and has a PIN number so my entire health history can be accessed by EMT's, the hospital, etc.

Yes, I think everyone should carry a list of meds in the wallet! It's just so easy to do. Thank you God, I don't have huge health issues, but if I did, I'd bet my life on a Medic Alert pendant..done deal! No excuses.

Let me see...

Dust ruffles finished - check!
Mattresses made - check!
Blankets cut and bound - check!
Pillows done, complete with ruffled edges - check!
Beds painted and names applied to headboards - check!

The only thing left to do now is to give the beds a couple coats of heavy-duty clear finish to protect the paint and to make them a bit more durable.

And, yes, I do plan to take some photos, if for no other reason than to remind me how much fun I've been having putting these little toys together.

I'm almost disappointed they're done. That's how much of a good time I've been having designing and creating.

Not to worry, though, I have several American Girl doll outfits ready to sew tomorrow. I can't wait. I'll have to "sleep fast" tonight.:rolleyes:

Yes, I think everyone should carry a list of meds in the wallet! It's just so easy to do. Thank you God, I don't have huge health issues, but if I did, I'd bet my life on a Medic Alert pendant..done deal! No excuses.

Yup. Wish Mom had listened to me.

ok, it's a promise that we'll get to see those beds Katie!!?? I need to be inspired for next Christmas with my new little grand daughter who came home from the hospital on Christmas Eve last year. She was born two months early, but Cheyenne will be two next year!

I'm doing all the laundry before we leave for OH (just finishing load number six!), changed sheets, and made soup for supper. Still have to wash the pot and stick blender, then we'll "practice" making Painkiller drinks again. Still trying to duplicate the one we had at Bahama Breeze last month. Getting closhe....*hic*

I really wanted to have a drink tonight, but I am just wiped out and hurt all over. I'm going to take cold medicine and head for bed early.

Drat. Will pour you a virtual shot of really good tequilla, PF. Feel better soon!

Kay....I'll have to give "The Hundred Foot Journey" another try tonight. I fell asleep in the recliner about halfway through. :ermm: That's not to say anything bad about the movie, I was loving it! I was just tired and can fall asleep during an earthquake. :LOL:

Princess, I hope you feel better soon. CG, have a great trip back home! Bakechef, funny you should mention divinity...I was just thinking about that. My mom used to make it every year and its one of the things that makes me think of her more around the holidays.

Katie, the beds for your grands sounds so cute. Would love to see pics. I've been working on my no-sew blankets for days now and can't wait till my grands see them.

I'm fortunate to not be on any meds, so far. But when and if the time comes that I do, there are lots of good ideas here. I used to carry around my mom's med list with me all the time.

As for what I'm doing, just finished cleaning up the kitchen from making coconut shrimp, and ready to dive into the Christmas crafts again. :ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
Just put the ingredients into the bread machine for some loaf bread. I'll let the machine do the heavy lifting, that is, kneading and first rise, then I'll shape the dough into two loaves and set them to rise in my microwave (proofing box).

Before I head to the studio to play in doll clothes I'm watching the bird feeder out front. I added a bunch of black oil sunflower seed to the feeder yesterday and the cardinals think they've hit pay dirt. They love those seeds. It's been quite a show for the few minutes I've been observing the frenzy.

"Studying" for finals :( after Monday I have a month long break...I can't wait. This semester was hell. Also dreaming up my Christmas dinner...thinking about cranberry sauce :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm about to do my one stop Christmas shopping at the bank. Some brand new crisp bills makes everyone happy and the cards are the wrapping. Those gifts are never returned. My one year old Cheyenne (GD) will have gifts to open though.

Katie, DH just mentioned that I never use my bread machine anymore. I don't even know where it is! I think it's because of my diabetes. Bread is my weakness, but it really raises my blood sugar. But I do long to smell the bread processing in the machine.

"Studying" for finals :( after Monday I have a month long break...I can't wait. This semester was hell. Also dreaming up my Christmas dinner...thinking about cranberry sauce :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gee, you weren't out protesting and asking for finals to be delayed in the interest of justice? Good for you. Hope you passed every test with a 4.0.

My son Spike brought me about 1.5 pounds of chestnuts today. I am going to be roasting them in the oven and having myself a feast this weekend. :angel:

Last edited:
Katie, DH just mentioned that I never use my bread machine anymore. I don't even know where it is! I think it's because of my diabetes. Bread is my weakness, but it really raises my blood sugar. But I do long to smell the bread processing in the machine.

I have been mentioning to the kids how I have been wanting a bread machine for the longest time. The Pirate mentioned right back that the average person who has one doesn't even know where their machine is today. They use them a few times and then forget about them. Also, because they make such a big loaf, the bread goes stale in one day since there are no preservatives in the recipe.

I guess he is right. I can make just one loaf by hand and know it till be gone in one day. There is a machine that make a one pound loaf, but it is just too expensive. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom