What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...It's been a stressful weekend...
You need one of these, PF.

smiley-hug008.gif

Hope this week goes a lot better for you.

Hope everyone is feeling better...PF, Chef Munky, and anyone else who is feeling under the weather.

PF, they always say that colds, pneumonia, bronchitis, are NOT caused by being out in the cold with only a sweater. In fact, I've heard that you CAN be bundled up too much. DH wears a summer jacket all winter and rarely gets sick.

What is the difference between walking pneumonia and regular pneumonia?

I am not sure what brought it on but I have been in a depression for about three days. This is so not me. I am mainly a fighter and if something is bothering me I fight back. Not this time. I don't even know what I am depressed about. And I just don't care. The Pirate has been laying my meds out for me because I hadn't been taking them on my own. When he started to yell at me, I just told him "I don't care! So what if I have another heart attack. It's my heart and I don't want to take care of it anymore." I just can't seem to get out of this mood. I am beginning to understand what people who have chronic depression are feeling. Some of the pills are still sitting in their little bowl. Maybe I'll take them, maybe I won't.

I need to get into the shower, get dressed and call Winthrop. It is not good for me to be like this. I am the one every one comes to when they have a problem. Now I have one and I can't solve it on my own. The last time I got weighed at Winthrop, I was 137. I am now down to 125.5. That is a lot of weight to lose when you aren't even trying to lose. :angel:

Visiting my mum in her care home (as I do several times a week). She was in her room (not downstairs in the dining room) so I helped feed her the mushy small meal. (I used to bring her a chocolate bar but she has difficulty swallowing now). It was one of her better days, i.e. speaking in English and making sense (not too disorientated or speaking Italian - her native language).

She was 94 last month. Following her recent hip operation, she is still unable to move without assistance. She receives physiotherapy to help get back on her feet but she is scared.

Visiting my mum in her care home (as I do several times a week). She was in her room (not downstairs in the dining room) so I helped feed her the mushy small meal. (I used to bring her a chocolate bar but she has difficulty swallowing now). It was one of her better days, i.e. speaking in English and making sense (not too disorientated or speaking Italian - her native language).

She was 94 last month. Following her recent hip operation, she is still unable to move without assistance. She receives physiotherapy to help get back on her feet but she is scared.

If your mother enjoys chocolate how about trying a bottle of a chocolate drink like Boost or Ensure. The chocolate combined with the various nutritional elements might be just what she needs.

Good luck!

Last edited:
If your mother enjoys chocolate how about trying a bottle of a chocolate drink like Boost or Ensure. The chocolate combined with the various nutritional elements might be just what she needs.
Good luck!
Thanks but I am in UK and do not recognise those brands. She is given fortified dessert/drink occasionally (she had these in the hospital). When I looked after her at her home (living there for 2 years), I used to give her Vit C and Vit B complex (that I also take) and she had an excellent diet since I am a good cook. Although she claimed to have no appetite, she invariably polished off a big plate of food...regularly! :)

Our condo association has hired a crew to clear of our buildings' roofs. Teams of 10 men are scurrying around on roof tops with shovels removing all the snow and icicles. They were just doing my roof and broke for lunch. I have a 3' pile of snow on my deck that was shoveled off the roof. They have been doing a good job of cleanup as they go.

Our condo association has hired a crew to clear of our buildings' roofs. Teams of 10 men are scurrying around on roof tops with shovels removing all the snow and icicles. They were just doing my roof and broke for lunch. I have a 3' pile of snow on my deck that was shoveled off the roof. They have been doing a good job of cleanup as they go.
Hope they don't damage the roof shingles with their shovels. I'm sure they pretty careful about that.

Feeling a bit better, had a spell yesterday of being unable to swallow, my throat was so swollen, went in and had a shot of cortisone for that. Still running bouts with a fever, but it's starting to cool off.

Gravity, not to mention ice, is my "downfall" or "fall down go boom" nemesis. Happens to me on Handicap ramps for some stupid reason.

I am about to go in and wake up Shrek, his Laser eye surgery 2 weeks ago to attach his retina has failed (found out Friday) and he's going in for eye surgery this morning. It's been a stressful weekend.

Thanks for asking!

I don't walk with a normal gait due to the wound on the bottom of my right leg. So now when and if I go outside, I am a nervous wreck that I will fall and break my hip. And I can't take out my scooter in the snow. I would have to ride in the street. :angel:

Hope everyone is feeling better...PF, Chef Munky, and anyone else who is feeling under the weather.

PF, they always say that colds, pneumonia, bronchitis, are NOT caused by being out in the cold with only a sweater. In fact, I've heard that you CAN be bundled up too much. DH wears a summer jacket all winter and rarely gets sick.

What is the difference between walking pneumonia and regular pneumonia?

Walking Pneumonia you are still able to function even though you are very sick. Regular pneumonia, you can barely sit up on your own.

Having my second cup of coffee and watching the news about the multi train car derailment in SoCal - it's a miracle there are no fatalities! Aerial views show the train cars tossed around the tracks like little toys.

Metrolink train hits truck, derails in Oxnard: 'Appears to be an accident' - LA Times

Kayelle, this is so close to you - you and SousChef must be glued to the TV this morning!

Yes, we woke up to the news Cheryl..it happened about 15 miles from us.

The terrible train wreck that happened in Chatsworth seven years ago and killed 25 people, nearly had my Sous Chef on it. His train was going to be the train after that one. I was horrified that he may have gotten off from work earlier, and been on that one. I was shaking like a leaf until he called me. He knew many of the people on that doomed train.

Like Munky and PF, I seem to have caught what I call "the crud." I can't seem to shake it (started on Feb 6th). Went to my dr last week. She gave me an inhaler. The muscles in my shoulders and my ribcage hurt so bad---I'd cough until I would get the dry heaves and nothing was clearing from my chest. The "puffer" has moved this along quite nicely. Now all that lovely "gunk" is coming out. Enough already! I haven't been this sick in years. Thought I had bronchitis or walking pneumonia (the other terms for "the crud").

CW, I hope you feel better soon. Maybe you need a cup of my Aunt T's tea. She would use plain Lipton, or whatever bagged tea we had at home, with a little lemon, a little honey, and enough whiskey that you had best get into bed before you start drinking it! Again, I hope you shake that bug - the Girls need you.

Addie and cws, hope you both feel better very soon.

Princess, glad to hear Shrek's surgery went well.

Kay, I remember that Chatsworth train wreck - you must have been so worried until you heard from Steve.:ohmy: I guess that new collision absorption technology must be working, today's wreck could have been so much worse. :ohmy:

Thank you Carol.
Were all getting better.It's been one virus after another around here since December.My P/M Dr wasn't happy to hear that the clinic that I was referred to a week earlier refused to start me on antibiotics at the time.Knowing strep throat and upper respitory infections were going through my house.I was already showing signs something was going on with me.

The antibiotics and cough meds with codeine have been knocking me out.
At least all the goobers are going away.I'll be up and back around soon enough.My guys are starving.They say they will mow lawns for dinner.LOL!!!:ohmy::LOL::ermm::ROFLMAO:
Hey, they might even travel South and shovel snow for someone...Anyone!!!:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom