What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a deep feather and down mattress topper that I bought from QVC a few years ago. Expensive but one of the best things I ever bought! It needs a bit of a shake every other day and I let it air for an hour or two when I change the bedding and it fluffs up beautifully. The great thing is that it's never too warm or too cold and it feels like lying on a cloud.
We have one of those and really like it.

Stirling has the Samsung something or other. This does look better. For one thing, it has front and rear facing cameras. His only has the front facing, so he can't really take photos other than selfies and he doesn't do selfies. Does it have a slot for a SIM card? That makes a tablet a lot more versatile. Stirling's does. He only uses that when there is no WiFi available. In a year and a half, he hasn't gone over 150 Meg of data using the SIM card more than twice.

Mine doesn't.
Sterling might like the other model called the Fire HDX. It also has 4G available and can make phone calls. The HDX

I hope you're feeling better tomorrow

Thank you for caring. I am feeling much better today. Once I fell into a good solid sleep, I heard nothing going on around me. Even Teddy didn't bark. When I don't get a good sleep, I am useless until I do. :angel:

That garlic/sea salt is delicious. I do have a freezer full of meats/proteins. Not today, but I will be making a baked potato probably tomorrow for the burger I have in there. Hamburg is not my favorite meat. But it is quick and easy. I am more likely to eat something quick and easy than something that is complicated and takes time to prepare and cook. Winthrop also ask me to keep a food diary from yesterday until I see them on Thursday. :angel:
Addie, what exactly is "hamburger"? Here "a hamburger" is the whole burger sandwich but it seems to be something more than that in the US. Is "hamburger" in the sense that you've used it in your post just the ground or chopped meat or does it have something else in it?(Wikipaedia has an article but it isn't very useful).

Mine doesn't.
Sterling might like the other model called the Fire HDX. It also has 4G available and can make phone calls. The HDX
I just remembered that if you have a smartphone, you can probably set up a WiFi hotspot and use your new tablet that way. Stirling doesn't have a smart phone. I do. When we are somewhere with no WiFi and Stirling wants to use his tablet for web stuff, I make my phone do a WiFi hotspot. I have lots more data on my plan than he does.

Addie, what exactly is "hamburger"? Here "a hamburger" is the whole burger sandwich but it seems to be something more than that in the US. Is "hamburger" in the sense that you've used it in your post just the ground or chopped meat or does it have something else in it?(Wikipaedia has an article but it isn't very useful).

It's ground beef - mince.

I just remembered that if you have a smartphone, you can probably set up a WiFi hotspot and use your new tablet that way. Stirling doesn't have a smart phone. I do. When we are somewhere with no WiFi and Stirling wants to use his tablet for web stuff, I make my phone do a WiFi hotspot. I have lots more data on my plan than he does.

That's exactly what I do when traveling, sometimes on long trips I'll set up my tablet as a 9" GPS having it getting Wi-Fi of the phone.

When we went to Niagara falls the hotel wanted $20a day for what was likely terrible Wi-Fi, since our room faced the falls, I still picked up US signals so we all used that instead.

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Paying bills, grateful that we have the funds to pay bills. Actually, I'm stalling at paying bills by playing here at DC. :ermm: I did take care of the one for the major credit card since it would ding us with interest and service charges if I was late. I did balance the "checking" account earlier, but I'll wait until all the bills are paid before I reward myself with a glass of wine. ;)

Paying bills, grateful that we have the funds to pay bills. Actually, I'm stalling at paying bills by playing here at DC. :ermm: I did take care of the one for the major credit card since it would ding us with interest and service charges if I was late. I did balance the "checking" account earlier, but I'll wait until all the bills are paid before I reward myself with a glass of wine. ;)
Could get odd if you didn't wait. :LOL:

Aha! Thank you

Exactly. We usually use a chuck cut. It has the most flavor for a burger. Some folks use a more expensive cut. But I think it is wasted taste for a burger. The fat in the chuck has a lot of flavor, and that is what you want. Flavor! The typical ratio is 85/15 %. When you are going to be cooking for a rather crowd, unless you are extremely wealthy, you go with the cheaper cut. :angel:

Testing out a wifi router for mom. I had a spare or two that I wasn't using, so I'll save her a few dollars and set it up when I go down.

You're a good son, bc.

I'm wondering how I spent over an hour reading articles on "Serious Eats". That website is like potato chips - "bet you can't eat read just one!" :LOL:

Well the solar eclipse that we had here in UK this morning was an anti climax....overcast sky - just went a bit darker for a while. :huh:

Well the solar eclipse that we had here in UK this morning was an anti climax....overcast sky - just went a bit darker for a while. :huh:

When I lived in Tacoma, at around nine or so in the morning, it went pitch black. Street lights went on, birds stopped singing, and car headlights went on. It became eerily quiet all of a sudden. Then some ingenious idiot thought of selling "dark" in a can. Yeah, he made some money. Not much.

But the school system took advantage of the eclipse to create a science project. Poo who was in the first grade came home and told me all about it. During that week, they made a mobile of the planets and how an eclipse happens. I had that hanging in his room for ages. :angel:

Testing out a wifi router for mom. I had a spare or two that I wasn't using, so I'll save her a few dollars and set it up when I go down.

That is so thoughtful of you to do that for her.
She's really going to like the router.:)

I just love blood and gore. So I have been watching NY ER all day. Sitting here at the computer and watching TV. What a life. Last night I got The Pirate to watch Boston Med with me. They showed the appendix right after they had removed it from the body. He almost passed out. He did not appreciate my laughing at him. :angel:

Well the Wi-Fi router wasn't working properly and I remembered why I don't use it anymore! I ordered a new one for her, but I'll send it down without the box so that she doesn't know that I spent money on it :LOL: she already thinks that I've done too much, she hasn't even seen the boxes of kitchen loot that I've bought for her :angel:

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Back
Top Bottom