What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, snow! Shortly after that it was almost a white out and accumulating on the road. I haven't driven in those conditions for almost 20 years, and never in a big truck!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Wow! Where was this snow if you don't mind my asking?

Addie, similar to what Bea said, you could cook a little extra when you cook for yourself and freeze it. There are some things that freeze very well...meatloaf and lasagne, mac and cheese, come to mind. Make your own little TV dinners. The only thing I buy frozen for DH is the Viola meals. They come in a bag, and have all the ingredients included, chicken, veggies and pasta or rice. Just put them in a pan with a little bit of water and simmer for a few minutes. Not the healthiest, but pretty tasty for a quick meal. Try one and see how he likes it.

Addie, why don't you ask him what he likes.

Well, I know what he likes. He pretty much eats anything I throw at him. Except he can't eat tomatoes. The acid tears his stomach up. The only thing I can think of is mac and cheese and a meatloaf dinner with gravy, not tomato sauce. But that can get old after a steady diet of switching between the two. Oh, I also remember he likes Ramen Noodles. That gives me three meals. I can put some canned chicken, tuna, veggies and anything else I have on hand in them.

Aunt Bea, I will pick up a couple of them for him and let you know how they are. Are these in the frozen foods or on the shelf with other dry foods. :angel:

Addie, similar to what Bea said, you could cook a little extra when you cook for yourself and freeze it. There are some things that freeze very well...meatloaf and lasagne, mac and cheese, come to mind. Make your own little TV dinners. The only thing I buy frozen for DH is the Viola meals. They come in a bag, and have all the ingredients included, chicken, veggies and pasta or rice. Just put them in a pan with a little bit of water and simmer for a few minutes. Not the healthiest, but pretty tasty for a quick meal. Try one and see how he likes it.

Thanks Carol. Italian food is out. The tomato tears up his stomach. I will look for it when I go shopping.

I just knew if I came here for ideas, you all would come through or me. I was sitting at the computer last night working on the grocery list. And when it came to this, my mind was a total blank. All I could think of was "No tomatoes."

If I made extra of what I make for myself, he would end up with just a bowl of veggies with butter. My favorite thing to fix for when I have to eat.

Right now I am writing down every suggestion from all of you. :angel:

I Googled Viola Meal in a Bag. and Hormel Foods. Plenty of ideas and meals there, Enough to keep him fed for a month.

The only reason I can do this is because he gets way more then me in food stamps. So I will use his to buy his food. He keeps telling me to buy food for myself with his stamps. But I would rather spend the money on his needs than mine.

Everyday when I come here and sit on the porch with Buttons on my lap with my cup of coffee, I am reminded of how grateful I am that I have friends like all of you. All in one day I can vent and spout off, laugh my head off, have compassion for someone, and so many other emotions. Today I can feel grateful for all your help. I even learned about some new products. I left a bottle of Champagne as a thank you gift for all of you.

Thanks. :angel:

They sang me the song of their people until the sun came up, then I put on my Bluetooth headphones and they have had to listen to ME sing, pay back!

:ROFLMAO:

We just got back after 2 weeks in Cozumel. The flight out of Atlanta was delayed, so we didn't get home until after 2 am. DH picked up Beagle from the kennel, she's very happy to be home. I am very crunchy, and DH just went back to bed.

:ROFLMAO:

We just got back after 2 weeks in Cozumel. The flight out of Atlanta was delayed, so we didn't get home until after 2 am. DH picked up Beagle from the kennel, she's very happy to be home. I am very crunchy, and DH just went back to bed.

I would be "crunchy" also if I got in at that time of night. I took the 'red eye' back from Las Vegas and by the time I got home and in bed, everyone knew to not even talk to me. I took off my bra and went to bed with just what I had left on. I slept forever it seems. My daughter kept coming downstairs to check on me and make sure I was still breathing. I was living in the studio apt. in her house. Glad you had a good time. :angel:

Addie, you could try Indian ready to eat meals. We really like them. They also make a nice side dish. Our favourite brand is Tasty Bite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Tasty Bite also makes Asian meals. Judging by the ingredients, I think these are pretty healthy. They don't need refrigeration unless they are opened.

There are a number of brands and we have never been disappointed. We haven't tried the Asian ones yet.

Tasty-Bite-Pad-Thai.jpg

Addie, you could try Indian ready to eat meals. We really like them. They also make a nice side dish. Our favourite brand is Tasty Bite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Tasty Bite also makes Asian meals. Judging by the ingredients, I think these are pretty healthy. They don't need refrigeration unless they are opened.

There are a number of brands and we have never been disappointed. We haven't tried the Asian ones yet.

Tasty-Bite-Pad-Thai.jpg

Thank you. I put it on the list. :angel:

What to do this evening?

It was so cold, windy and wet at the stables today (nearly got blown over crossing the car park!!) that I need to have a baking session to warm myself up. Bread, lemon drizzle cake and honey nut flapjacks/bars, I think, and I'll put something for dinner in the oven at the same time. Fuel saving as well as warming!

Last edited:
Apparently the older one gets, the harder jet lag hits. I have a mountain of laundry and a huge pile of mail to deal with, and am having great difficulty doing anything.

Well, I know what he likes. He pretty much eats anything I throw at him. Except he can't eat tomatoes. The acid tears his stomach up. The only thing I can think of is mac and cheese and a meatloaf dinner with gravy, not tomato sauce. But that can get old after a steady diet of switching between the two. Oh, I also remember he likes Ramen Noodles. That gives me three meals. I can put some canned chicken, tuna, veggies and anything else I have on hand in them.

Aunt Bea, I will pick up a couple of them for him and let you know how they are. Are these in the frozen foods or on the shelf with other dry foods. :angel:

They are usually with the canned heat and eat, tuna fish, dried beef etc...

Apparently the older one gets, the harder jet lag hits. I have a mountain of laundry and a huge pile of mail to deal with, and am having great difficulty doing anything.

Sit back, grab a glass of your favorite beverage and sit down going through the mail. The laundry can wait until tomorrow. The only reason I suggest the mail, is because there may be an important notice. And if there isn't, rest and give in that jet lag. Have hubby sit down with you and share your happy memories of your vacation. I bet there are even some laughs in there.

Laundry? It will be there tomorrow. I have never met anyone who wants to steal dirty laundry. :angel:

Sit back, grab a glass of your favorite beverage and sit down going through the mail. The laundry can wait until tomorrow. The only reason I suggest the mail, is because there may be an important notice. And if there isn't, rest and give in that jet lag. Have hubby sit down with you and share your happy memories of your vacation. I bet there are even some laughs in there.

Laundry? It will be there tomorrow. I have never met anyone who wants to steal dirty laundry. :angel:

Advice to live by, Addie! DH is still asleep, though I just discovered "somebody" finished the rest of my bacon and egg biscuit, and it wasn't Beagle.

In agreement with Addie....kick back and give yourself another day or two, Dawg....you just got home!

Maybe DH was walking in his sleep and ate the rest of your breakfast biscuit...:rolleyes::ermm::LOL:

Wow! Where was this snow if you don't mind my asking?

The mountains in Pennsylvania, near Scranton, Wilkes Barre. Once I descended to a lower altitude it changed to rain, but I had a solid 2 hours of this.

The drive is over! Today was a gorgeous sunny day, such a contrast from yesterday. Drove through the beautiful Shenandoah valley and Blue Ridge mountains. While I was driving across one mountain I could see Pilot Mountain (Mt. Pilot) in the distance, it was a breathtaking view.

Tomorrow we'll take back the truck and rob will come to pick me up for my trip home.

Mom's house is beautiful!

How many cats did you disgard, BC?

Glad you made it without too many issues!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom