What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I disgarded 5 cats one time. I mixed up my words and when I said I disgarded cats, I meant disgruntled cats. When we moved here, we had 5 cats who weren't exactly happy about being shoved into crates and physically moved into a new home.

I had some very interesting days in our new home with them at first.

The mountains in Pennsylvania, near Scranton, Wilkes Barre....
Ah, I-81, I presume. One of the two stretches from MA to OH that I'm not fond of because of both weather and the road itself. The other is I-80 west of I-81, roughly 70 miles between Clearfield and Clarion. Seems to be fog or icy roads most of the time we drive it around Christmas. Can't wait for the day we don't have to make that trip again when (and if :rolleyes: ) we move back to OH.
The drive is over! Today was a gorgeous sunny day, such a contrast from yesterday. Drove through the beautiful Shenandoah valley and Blue Ridge mountains....Mom's house is beautiful!
One of my favorite stretches of highway in our country. Were you able to drive along Skyline Drive with the truck? Or did you stick strictly to the interstate?

Glad to hear your Mom's house turned out so nice! I hope she has many happy years and makes lots of great memories and friends living there.

Ah, I-81, I presume. One of the two stretches from MA to OH that I'm not fond of because of both weather and the road itself. The other is I-80 west of I-81, roughly 70 miles between Clearfield and Clarion. Seems to be fog or icy roads most of the time we drive it around Christmas. Can't wait for the day we don't have to make that trip again when (and if :rolleyes: ) we move back to OH.
One of my favorite stretches of highway in our country. Were you able to drive along Skyline Drive with the truck? Or did you stick strictly to the interstate?

Glad to hear your Mom's house turned out so nice! I hope she has many happy years and makes lots of great memories and friends living there.

I stuck to the interstate, I wanted to make good time.

I've never driven I-81 during bad weather, it's always been clear, just not this time! I usually prefer this route because of the lack of tolls and city drivers, especially in a truck!

That section of I-84 between Port Jervis and Scranton was terrible, like a cow pasture, not sure how something in the truck didn't break, it was so rough!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I disgarded 5 cats one time. I mixed up my words and when I said I disgarded cats, I meant disgruntled cats. When we moved here, we had 5 cats who weren't exactly happy about being shoved into crates and physically moved into a new home.

I had some very interesting days in our new home with them at first.

The two brothers are not thrilled with the disruption of their lives, while not nasty, they just want nothing to do with people at the moment. I put them in the same large crate together, problem is that they are two HUGE Maine Coon cats and that crate was HEAVY!

The two brothers are not thrilled with the disruption of their lives, while not nasty, they just want nothing to do with people at the moment. I put them in the same large crate together, problem is that they are two HUGE Maine Coon cats and that crate was HEAVY!

No wonder! Two males together? And Maine Coons at that. They do tend to grow big. I pointed out to Pirate once the big M on the top of their heads. Now he looks for it all the time when he spots one. :angel:

I am sitting here in amazement at The Pirate. He has always said, if he ever got his hands on a skinner (child molester) he would kill him after he ripped his nuts off. Well, tonight he caught one in the act. He was going into the men's room in the supermarket when he heard a little girl crying and screaming in the ladies room. Instinct told him something was wrong. He opened the door and saw a man molesting a little six year old. The man stood up real fast and my son broke his knuckles hitting him real hard. The man went down. He was on the floor and my son tried to choke him to death. "All I could see Ma was red. I wanted to rip out his Adam's Apple. I was willing to go to prison." :angel:

I am sitting here in amazement at The Pirate. He has always said, if he ever got his hands on a skinner (child molester) he would kill him after he ripped his nuts off. Well, tonight he caught one in the act. He was going into the men's room in the supermarket when he heard a little girl crying and screaming in the ladies room. Instinct told him something was wrong. He opened the door and saw a man molesting a little six year old. The man stood up real fast and my son broke his knuckles hitting him real hard. The man went down. He was on the floor and my son tried to choke him to death. "All I could see Ma was red. I wanted to rip out his Adam's Apple. I was willing to go to prison." :angel:

Gah! This sickens me, Addie. Thank goodness the Pirate was there at the right place and time. Hope his knuckles heal well, and that the creep gets what he deserves.

Addie, your son is a hero to that little girl and her parents. Good thing he was in the right place at the right time.

I am enjoying the act of sitting. Now that the weather is warming up (60 today!) my motor is humming a bit faster. Not only did I work outside, but I re-potted three plants, two indoor varieties and a cute little pansy plant that is on my kitchen windowsill for now. Between that, a load of laundry, a bit of cleaning, and making breakfast and dinner, I can't feel the least bit guilty about relaxing. I just hope I can move tomorrow! :ermm: :LOL:

Gah! This sickens me, Addie. Thank goodness the Pirate was there at the right place and time. Hope his knuckles heal well, and that the creep gets what he deserves.

Pirate was so concerned with the little girl, he let the man get away. But he was able to identify him. He is now a marked man. :angel:

Addie, your son is a hero to that little girl and her parents. Good thing he was in the right place at the right time.

I am enjoying the act of sitting. Now that the weather is warming up (60 today!) my motor is humming a bit faster. Not only did I work outside, but I re-potted three plants, two indoor varieties and a cute little pansy plant that is on my kitchen windowsill for now. Between that, a load of laundry, a bit of cleaning, and making breakfast and dinner, I can't feel the least bit guilty about relaxing. I just hope I can move tomorrow! :ermm: :LOL:

After the winter we have had, all of us deserve more days like today. So glad you made fun in the sun. :angel:

Home sweet home. Got to sleep in my own bed last night, in fact I'm still in it. My plan is to be lazy today.

Omg Addie, that's absolutely crazy! I hope that man is caught and put away.

Got another phone call of a person claiming to be one of my grandsons. Second such a call within a year. This time when I got done with him he said "sorry" and hung up.

Got another phone call of a person claiming to be one of my grandsons. Second such a call within a year. This time when I got done with him he said "sorry" and hung up.
How weird...what would be the motive for that?

How weird...what would be the motive for that?
It's a well known scam to get money from people. If not with the first call, then to establish a relationship. Later the emergency call from some foreign country that they have been arrested or in an accident and need money NOW.

It's a well known scam to get money from people. If not with the first call, then to establish a relationship. Later the emergency call from some foreign country that they have been arrested or in an accident and need money NOW.
Wow...never heard of that here in UK. I guess it relies on the ability not to detect who the grandson is. I would have thought some elemental questions would sort that out, i.e. name, age etc.

Wow...never heard of that here in UK. I guess it relies on the ability not to detect who the grandson is. I would have thought some elemental questions would sort that out, i.e. name, age etc.
They will sometimes have that info. Someone mentions their grandparent, with a link, on FaceBook. Next thing someone collects enough info to trick the grandparent. Of course it doesn't always work. But, sometimes the panic of grandchild-needs-emergency-medical care or whatever, freaks out the grandparent enough to forget to ask the right questions.

Back
Top Bottom