What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got to wear smart clothes and heels today, instead of mud covered riding breeches and rubber boots. I went to Crewe (about 35 miles away) to visit some cousins on my father's side who I haven't seen for over 20 years. It was really great catching up and we had a delicious lunch and a long chat.

Came back, climbed into the muddy breeches and boots and went to sort out the Wonder Horse who was in a vile temper and played up all the way back from the field. Most unlike him. He hasn't been out in the field much over the winter and now that he's going out every day I think he's trying to find his position in the "herd" again and is finding it a bit difficult. However, as I told him, it's not my fault so don't take it out on me!

An Update

I am sitting here in amazement at The Pirate. He has always said, if he ever got his hands on a skinner (child molester) he would kill him after he ripped his nuts off. Well, tonight he caught one in the act. He was going into the men's room in the supermarket when he heard a little girl crying and screaming in the ladies room. Instinct told him something was wrong. He opened the door and saw a man molesting a little six year old. The man stood up real fast and my son broke his knuckles hitting him real hard. The man went down. He was on the floor and my son tried to choke him to death. "All I could see Ma was red. I wanted to rip out his Adam's Apple. I was willing to go to prison." :angel:

Well, the police notified my son today that with the information he gave them, the creep is now in custody and being held on $1M cash bail. And that means exactly what it says. Do you have $1M just laying around?

The creep now has pressed assault charges against Pirate. And now the police have pressed charges against the creep with attempt to intimate a witness. They will be going before a grand jury.

I just love the way the police handled that one. "Pirate, do you think you could now testify with this hanging over your head?" Of course my son knew the right answer to give. "No, I don't want to have a record hanging over me for the rest of my life." Bam! Another charge added.

This creep is screwed! He won't be molesting any little girls in the future. In fact, there is a good chance he is going to become someone's 'little girl'. :angel:

Poor Pirate. One of the reasons he was able to identify the creep is that he had driven him several times to his job. So he knew where he worked. And he has a long rap sheet.

I got some kind of bug that I've been battling since Saturday. Tried to work today but wasn't successful, woke up OK but within 30 felt like crap again. Right now I'm playing the game "fart or poo" so far luckily I'm winning. Need to get this over with, I have things to do!

Why couldn't this have happened next week after my new mattress was delivered?

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Because you are playing that game, wait till that is over before sleeping on your new mattress.

I got some kind of bug that I've been battling since Saturday. Tried to work today but wasn't successful, woke up OK but within 30 felt like crap again. Right now I'm playing the game "fart or poo" so far luckily I'm winning. Need to get this over with, I have things to do!

Maybe an earworm will take your mind off of your troubles! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Hope you get well quickly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZx1KcfvW4

I got out of the house for the first time since 15 February. Stirling and I walked to the convenience store. It's 0.3 km away. I wore flipflops, since my toe still complains about shoes. Yup, I got tired, but not exhausted. Next outing is tomorrow. I'm going for physiotherapy for my shoulder.

taxy, that must have been a breath of fresh air. :cool: Hope it stays warm enough so you can flop your flippers some more.

...Right now I'm playing the game "fart or poo" so far luckily I'm winning...
So much for Hershey's syrup on ice cream tonight...:shock: I can recommend bagels as an effective, yet non-medicinal, option to Imodium. You might need to eat 3 or 4 in a day, but they work! Hope you're over this quickly. And yes, like others have said, before the new mattress arrives.

:angel: For hubby. :angel: And one for you.

I can feel your relief as I have been there twice. My daughter's last MRI was clean. Oddly enough both my daughter and her husband. They have so many new drugs today for cancer. If you remember my daughter was not in the 5% of those the type of survive brain cancer that she was afflicted. But a bunch of new drugs came out at the just the right time and she has beat the odds. At least for now. She will have to go for MRIs for the rest of her life. Right now it is every three months. Next year it will be every six months, then every nine months for the rest of her life. I think my favorite word for the rest of my life will be "remission."

Yes, ma'am, and remember I always pray for you and yours. I lost my first hubby to a disease called depression. I'm so grateful to God for my hubby's life. He's a fighter and I think his body picked up on that and rolled on to wellness.

God bless you and your precious daughter, Addie. Remission and clean are both very relieving words.

CCL, that is great news about your hubby's scan! So happy for you both that you were blessed with this gift of more life. Enjoy every moment, and have fun cooking.

So you've....you've "OFFED" people?!? :ohmy: :ermm: :ohmy:

Mercy, no! I've given them all the chances I could to try to teach them and help them. When they were still horrible and nasty to people, I draw the line there. I have helped them get fired because I documented everything they did which was bad and got statements from those who were the victims.

I had statements and proof as to why certain people should not be in management positions.

And we are having a ball cooking and just being together! Working on our yard and planning the veggie garden again and watching movies...even cleaning our house is fun now! Yesterday DH whacked me in the rear with the Swiffer because I was polishing the piano and I was in his way.

LOL! It's amazing how happy life is in this house with two people, eight cats, one dog...and love, love, love.

Sometimes we don't get a choice. We got tummy flu three days before our new toilets arrived.

Bleah! Hope you're better!

Mom asked when she should have dinner done...I had to tell her not to wait up.:ROFLMAO:

11 hours of driving a large truck and towing the car with Shrek and two cats, I'm not looking forward to it. Might have my Brother fly up and help me do the driving. Shrek no longer drives.

Oh dear. You might need help with the driving...I know I would. Bless you!

Well I am sitting here on the back porch and I have a problem. I hope someone here can be of help.

I have Skype and I use it strictly for the purpose of being able to see my grandson and talk to him. I just don't see enough of him.

All of a sudden I am getting requests from totally strange men who are looking for companionship or a wife. It seems my name is on some list and I can be contacted through Skype. I am not looking for a companion, husband or even new friends. How the heck did I suddenly appear on this list and how do I put a stop to these attempts to talk to me. I usually block them when my Skype shows someone is trying to contact me.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Well I am sitting here on the back porch and I have a problem. I hope someone here can be of help.

I have Skype and I use it strictly for the purpose of being able to see my grandson and talk to him. I just don't see enough of him.

All of a sudden I am getting requests from totally strange men who are looking for companionship or a wife. It seems my name is on some list and I can be contacted through Skype. I am not looking for a companion, husband or even new friends. How the heck did I suddenly appear on this list and how do I put a stop to these attempts to talk to me. I usually block them when my Skype shows someone is trying to contact me.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

There might be something in the settings about being contacted by others, I seem to remember seeing that when I used Skype last year.

There might be something in the settings about being contacted by others, I seem to remember seeing that when I used Skype last year.

My son is going to look at it for me. He is the one who had Skype installed for me.

I just got off the phone talking to my youngest son. We had a long talk about suicide. He is counseling EMS workers who have considered it due to seeing death in their patients everyday. You can not save them all. Specially the elderly. :angel:

Feeling uncharacteristically energetic this morning, I grabbed my 20-quart stock pot and went rummaging around in my two freezers. Found enough skeletal chicken parts to fill the pot. I added some mire poix, garlic, peppercorns and now I'm waiting for it to come to a boil. By the end of the day I'll have a gallon or so of great stock.

DONE! I just packaged gelatinized chicken stock into 6 quart-sized ziplocks and popped them into the freezer. Pots are washed and dried and the fridge has been returned to is normal state of disarray.

I wanted to get it done before the warm weather arrived. I was about a week late.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom