What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a Roger Miller song "Whistle Stop" sped up into the Hamster Dance. The song comes from Disney's "Robin Hood".

I did not know that! I used to show the "original" hamster dance video to the high school kids I worked with, we were all laughing our heads off!

Thanks all! Just got off the phone with Mom (1 hour, 39 minutes) and she offered to bus Dad up to help me with packing, loading and driving. Dad agreed that he would like to do it and Mom gets to sit home with the dog and cats...relaxing. Now we just have to wait for my phone interview and the DON of that facility sounded like she was VERY interested.

PF, can you get a letter of recommendation from your present place of employment? Or is that not a good idea? :angel:

Thanks all! Just got off the phone with Mom (1 hour, 39 minutes) and she offered to bus Dad up to help me with packing, loading and driving. Dad agreed that he would like to do it and Mom gets to sit home with the dog and cats...relaxing. Now we just have to wait for my phone interview and the DON of that facility sounded like she was VERY interested.

Great news, good luck!

Tell Shrek not to Dilly Dally on the way!!! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_IDLJh1UkQ

I'm at work and likely to be here till 5 a.m ish.

Sparks at the airport and our local electricity board are doing some essential maintenance to our high power transformers and one of us guys has to be on hand in case of problems with our equipment.

Not as bad as it sounds as I get a sleep day tomorrow, a day in lieu on Saturday, I have taken holiday anyway on Sunday for a fishing competition and my rostered days off next week are Monday and Tuesday.

My 'wee bairns';

PF, can you get a letter of recommendation from your present place of employment? Or is that not a good idea? :angel:

The two or three people that I am getting away from are the ones who write recommendation letters. If this was a matter of a co-worker who was driving me nuts, no problem, but it's the change in management that I cannot tolerate. My immediate supervisor is the biggest liar you ever heard, he's the one that started all this and the next two (DON and Administrator) are following his lead.

Shrek is so very excited and already has me half packed...:ROFLMAO:

I did go and buy some packing boxes and the bubble wrap for my good dishes. I'm just about positive half the boxes we pack will be filled with books.

Thank you...my stress level has started to go down, I know by tomorrow when it's time to come home I will be on the ceiling again.

The two or three people that I am getting away from are the ones who write recommendation letters. If this was a matter of a co-worker who was driving me nuts, no problem, but it's the change in management that I cannot tolerate. My immediate supervisor is the biggest liar you ever heard, he's the one that started all this and the next two (DON and Administrator) are following his lead.

I did go and buy some packing boxes and the bubble wrap for my good dishes. I'm just about positive half the boxes we pack will be filled with books.

I read that as naked. I need a vacation or to the home I go. :angel:

Doing a Happy Hamster Dance...got an interview call back for job in the town close to Mom and Dad...

Oh! Oh! I hope this is leading up to good news, because until you have a firm offer and have tendered your resignation to the Evil Trio I'm afraid of jinxing you. I hope you do get to quit on them, and make sure you close your letter with "Kiss My *". :LOL:

Until then, crossing body parts and sending up prayers.

I think that the new people who want you on their team are aware that longevity trumps new management :ermm::LOL:. 15 years speaks for itself...I'm excited for you, Princess...nothing better than being near your folks in this time of life, and the fact that Shrek wants to go too, and all your ducks are in a row....well, everything just has to work out. Big hugs and best of wishes for an easy move. :wub:

Oh! Oh! I hope this is leading up to good news, because until you have a firm offer and have tendered your resignation to the Evil Trio I'm afraid of jinxing you. I hope you do get to quit on them, and make sure you close your letter with "Kiss My *". :LOL:

Until then, crossing body parts and sending up prayers.

I know, trying hard to keep from getting too excited and packing everything right now. Thanks foryour support.

I think that the new people who want you on their team are aware that longevity trumps new management :ermm::LOL:. 15 years speaks for itself...I'm excited for you, Princess...nothing better than being near your folks in this time of life, and the fact that Shrek wants to go too, and all your ducks are in a row....well, everything just has to work out. Big hugs and best of wishes for an easy move. :wub:

Thanks Cheryl. The beauty of where I am moving to...I know lots of people there as my Mother grew up in the area and my best friend from grade school lives there, too!

PF, what made you decide to work where your are presently employed? My guess is "straight out of nursing school." Are Shrek's family going to be in the area also? :angel:

Last edited:
I went to nursing school so I could assist in the care of the Elderly. The facility I chose was because the then Administrator had given me a grant to get me started with purchasing my books and gas to get to Missoula from Hamilton. I signed up to work at least one year for her. By the time I finished school, she had moved up to Missoula to my present facility and I worked my year and have continued till now.

Congrats Princess, and hoping for an easy move. It sounds like you and Shrek are really excited about it. Yay!

Wyshie - wow, that's a pretty tech-y place where you work. Hope you had a good day at your fishing competition. :)

My youngest daughter and her hubby just bought their first house. We're all so excited for them. They'll now only be a mile from me instead of about 10 miles away, which will be so nice. SIL is going to be going on nights at the police department, daughter works days, so I'm going to be on call for watching my grandson for the next few weeks while they try to find time to pack up and move into their new home. :ermm::)

Last edited:
Congrats Princess, and hoping for an easy move. It sounds like you and Shrek are really excited about it. Yay!

Wyshie - wow, that's a pretty tech-y place where you work. Hope you had a good day at your fishing competition. :)

My youngest daughter and her hubby just bought their first house. We're all so excited for them. They'll now only be a mile from me instead of about 10 miles away, which will be so nice. SIL is going to be going on nights at the police department, daughter works days, so I'm going to be on call for watching my grandson for the next few weeks while they try to find time to pack up and move into their new home. :ermm::)

I had a good day, however I caught no qualifying fish. Hey ho, that's the way it goes sometimes, just to be out there sometimes is enough. The competition was the first one in the series of competitions on a small nearby island called Herm.

There were several bass caught (European Sea Bass), Grey Mullet and Lesser Spotted Dogfish.

It was very chilly and windy to start but as the wind dropped the sun began to win the battle.

And then home time on the boat.

I was going to say that a mile is walking distance. Your grandson could walk to your house for a visit. Then, I remember that times have changed. :wacko:
'Free-range' kids taken into custody again – parents had to sign 'safety plan' | US news | The Guardian

Nice pics Wyshie...looks like it was a gorgeous day.

Thanks CG and Taxy...we're all hoping it will be an easy move as it can be. Tyler is still little, he'll be 5 this summer so he won't be walking anywhere by himself for a long time. Even in small towns, you can never be too careful. The kids I do see walking home from school are in groups with at least one older child.

Yep, times have changed and it's a dangerous world out there.

Last edited:
I am up in Northern Minnesota helping out my sister who had a right knee replacement surgery done. Her DH & I just got her back home today. Some major challenges lye ahead in the next few days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom