What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am up in Northern Minnesota helping out my sister who had a right knee replacement surgery done. Her DH & I just got her back home today. Some major challenges lye ahead in the next few days.

Pain meds, pain meds. If her pain gets to a 4/10 with ten the worst pain ever, she needs pain meds or she will not want to move. Ice packs and keep her foot elevated when she is sitting.

Sorry...Nurse Mode kicked in.

Sending best wishes to your sister for a speedy recovery, SB. Take care of you, too...and listen to Nurse Princess's advice. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am up in Northern Minnesota helping out my sister who had a right knee replacement surgery done. Her DH & I just got her back home today. Some major challenges lye ahead in the next few days.
Speedy recovery to your sis! Great time to be in Northern MN. Eat walleye and wild rice! My Dad is twisting my arm every other day to come to MN for the summer...

Good thoughts for your sister - and you, too. I just heard a health report that says it can take about six months to feel 100%. The good news is, new knees now last at least 20 years. Hope she gets to wear this one out. ;)

I have a job waiting for me in Torrington, Wyoming as soon as I can get there!!!!!!!

I will be putting my notice in tomorrow.

Oh PF, I am so happy for you I almost want to cry with happiness. It will be so much better for you and Shrek. I take it this is the job you wanted. Congratulations! I hope they know they are getting one very special person. :angel:

So how are hubby and darling daughter doing without you while you are helping your sister? :angel:

PF, are you and Shrek going to be close to family? That would definitely be the whipped cream to top it all off. I just love good news when it is for others. I have a bunch of questions. Like is there much more packing to do?

A trick I learned when moving. If you find yourself using boxes from your local stores, cut handle openings in the side far enough down so they don't split upward. It make picking up the boxes so much easier. :angel:

PF, are you and Shrek going to be close to family? That would definitely be the whipped cream to top it all off. I just love good news when it is for others. I have a bunch of questions. Like is there much more packing to do?

A trick I learned when moving. If you find yourself using boxes from your local stores, cut handle openings in the side far enough down so they don't split upward. It make picking up the boxes so much easier. :angel:

How much stuff can an ogre and ogress have? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
unique-teapots-60.jpg

A two bedroom apartment full that we've lived in for 15 years and a storage place you could park a car in. That much stuff. I do have a hand truck to help move things.

Mom and Dad live up the road, 20 minutes from the town got the job in. Shrek's brothers are two hours away in Laramie.

My best friend since 2nd grade and my two Godsons will be 26 miles away.

How much stuff can an ogre and ogress have? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
unique-teapots-60.jpg

I wish the pile was that big...just the books will be a huge part of the move. Shrek and I both have pack rat genes, too...nasty combination.

Pack rats. Oh dear. one is bad enough. But two of you? Oh dear. You have your work cut out for you. I am glad your father is coming to help. And that hand cart is going to be very handy indeed. Now the next problem, is do you have a place to move into? Or are you going to stay with Mom and Dad until you find something? Moving is such a hassle.

I know my last move I had to downsize again! I had downsized when I moved to my daughter's house. And then even more when I moved here.

Sounds like you are going to need a mansion this time. Good luck with the packing and moving. God Speed. :angel:

That's great news. Congrats.

Safe trip to Wyoming.

Thanks Andy...most likely we will run into snow:rolleyes:

Pack rats. Oh dear. one is bad enough. But two of you? Oh dear. You have your work cut out for you. I am glad your father is coming to help. And that hand cart is going to be very handy indeed. Now the next problem, is do you have a place to move into? Or are you going to stay with Mom and Dad until you find something? Moving is such a hassle.

I know my last move I had to downsize again! I had downsized when I moved to my daughter's house. And then even more when I moved here.

Sounds like you are going to need a mansion this time. Good luck with the packing and moving. God Speed. :angel:

The best thing about moving to where I am is my family, on Mom's side, is from there and Mom knows everyone. She's getting me a place to live as we speak, she knows I will pay her back for any money she has to lay out to get us a place. If not, the shed in her backyard is vacant.:LOL:

Princess, that is such wonderful news for you and Shrek, and your family, too! I'm excited for you...it will be so great to be near family again. Best wishes on your move and your new job!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom