What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BC, that counter looks EXACTLY like the counter of a Bake Chef!! Maybe you could start using that for your avatar! Besides, I get a taste for bread every time I see your current one. :yum:

Wow, busy day for you, bakechef. And how nice to have TWO kitchenaids!

It sure was. It was really nice having a second mixer going while cleaning the bowl and beater on the other one.

The almond colored one is my "new" old Kitchenaid. I'm guessing that it is from the 80's. I got a decent deal on it on Ebay, it works like a champ. I'm going to give it a paint job pretty soon!

There were 3 more in the fridge...

in all I used about 6 pounds of butter between batters and buttercreams.

I wonder if there are Zombies that only eat butter...at least I would know where to go. Your fridge would be THE destination.

Everyone give a hand for BC, he's keeping America's cows employed.:clap:

Thank you to all for the best wishes! I ended up coming home early. I left home on a Thursday & back home on a Thursday. Dh was a bit overwhelmed trying to run it all by himself, my sister assured me she would be fine.

Any pictures of the finished products? I need some eye candy...:rolleyes:

I'm at the event now, here are a few pictures

Here is the table set up

IMG_20150425_121206346_HDR.jpg

Here are the cupcakes and brownies, we have vanilla bean with white chocolate ganache drizzle, peanut butter topped chocolate cupcakes, and boy and girl brownies
IMG_20150425_135645532.jpg

And THESE! Cthulhu cookies made by my friend! She used a cookie mold and painted them green!
IMG_20150425_135702010.jpg

I'm at the event now, here are a few pictures

Here is the table set up

IMG_20150425_121206346_HDR.jpg

Here are the cupcakes and brownies, we have vanilla bean with white chocolate ganache drizzle, peanut butter topped chocolate cupcakes, and boy and girl brownies
IMG_20150425_135645532.jpg

And THESE! Cthulhu cookies made by my friend! She used a cookie mold and painted them green!
IMG_20150425_135702010.jpg

:yum::yum::yum::yum:

It ALL was beautiful! Definitely not what my baked goods look like. LOL

My mother gave up our house when I was in high school. A widow, she couldn't afford the upkeep on that old house. I lived in rentals and was comfortable with that until I met DH. He hated to come to my apartment. He hated being able to hear what was going on in the next apartment and hearing people coming and going outside my door, in the hallways. I don't think he could ever live anywhere but in a single home. We have privacy fences in the back, as he doesn't even want the neighbors to be able to see us on our deck or in the yard. But if he goes before I do, I'm outta here! I don't even want to clean, let alone do repairs or yardwork!!

Just back from the flea market and routine grocery shopping.

This morning at the flea market I picked up a Matfer heavy duty stainless steel mandoline for $4.00.

An amazing buy for an item that I have almost no use for, Aunt Bea loves a bargain!!! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

m000450818_sc7

Just did a proper clean of my cooker hob tops (iron framework that sits on the hob plates) i.e. soaking in the bathtub with soda crystals and detergent for hours!

I don't have an electric kettle (just use a small saucepan) so it involved calculating how long I could go without a cup of tea or coffee....oh, just thought, could have used the thermos flask but that would feel like desperate measures!

Last edited:
And the best part is, you're not moving away from DC. You will still be just a click away!

That reminds me, have to tell the cable company to get us set up in Wyoming. A little closer to the date we move of course. I may be offline for about a week while we get settled.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom