What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I won! Threw in a second bid on another condo, and a guy beat me by 2 seconds, but I got the one I really wanted. We have an ocean front, top floor, and some of the best snorkeling on the island! And we get a car thrown in!

Heaven. I'm in heaven...

I won! Threw in a second bid on another condo, and a guy beat me by 2 seconds, but I got the one I really wanted. We have an ocean front, top floor, and some of the best snorkeling on the island! And we get a car thrown in!

Heaven. I'm in heaven...
:w00t: w00t!

Heaven. I'm in heaven...

Congrats!!!

Now I can relax! The auction was a benefit for a 13 year old girl who was smashed into by a drunk driver from Quebec. He escaped the island of Cozumel. Andrea still has to have a plate replaced in her head, and is paralyzed on one side.

PF that place looks perfect for the two of you. Downtown, means to me close to stores. And who ever took those pictures, needs some lessons in uploading pictures. But that is of little matter. You can get the idea of how it all looks.

And compared to prices here, a really nice figure. Do keep us informed. Any closer to M&D? And how far away from work? Inquiring minds want to know. :angel:

PF that place looks perfect for the two of you. Downtown, means to me close to stores. And who ever took those pictures, needs some lessons in uploading pictures. But that is of little matter. You can get the idea of how it all looks.

And compared to prices here, a really nice figure. Do keep us informed. Any closer to M&D? And how far away from work? Inquiring minds want to know. :angel:

10 miles to work most of them highway miles. 2 city blocks from Mom and Dad. They have enough yard for all of us.

Two blocks from your Mum and Dad! Soon enough, you'll be driving each other crazy. ;) Sounds great. Fingers crossed.

Dad told me I would have to stop by each morning and make breakfast for them on my way home from work. I told him, "No Problem, be happy to!" My freezer and fridge will be stashed at Mom's until we get a place to live. There is a half of a grass fed Angus in the freezer and a half a pig. I'll be investing in dry ice for the trip.

10 miles to work most of them highway miles. 2 city blocks from Mom and Dad. They have enough yard for all of us.

And what else could you possibly ask for. Not so big that the cleaning will overwhelm you. And not so small that you will feel crowded. You can always escape to downstairs in the laundry. :angel:

Been talking to Pirate. It seems he grew up thinking he was very smart. He would do some dumb thing and I would tell him, "Real brilliant Pirate, you're real brilliant." What he failed to hear was the sarcasm in my voice. He honestly thought he was brain smart. More like brain dead. :angel:

And what else could you possibly ask for. Not so big that the cleaning will overwhelm you. And not so small that you will feel crowded. You can always escape to downstairs in the laundry. :angel:

I'm not positive the washer and dryer come with. Would be nice!

PF, that's great about getting your own home. Good luck!

Dawg, congrats. Sounds like a nice vacation spot.

Dawg, congrats on the great condo deal! That vacation will be extra-relaxing.

Two blocks? Sweet! We never lived that close to either set of parents. I can't wait to live closer to our kids - the other side of a wall, in a home with an in-law suite, would be OK by me.

PF that place looks perfect for the two of you...And compared to prices here, a really nice figure....
Addie, compared to here, most prices are nice. Housing prices on the coasts are crazy. To duplicate the house we had in OH at about the same distance from Boston as we were from Cleveland, the price of the house was more than double what we sold our house for back home. Nuts...:wacko:

Wow! That sounds great, PF!

Housing here in the mountains can be pricey too, but we lucked out and got a foreclosure. It took a lot of DIY to get this place in shape, and it's lovely.

Tonight we had something really strange happen. A former neighbor of the rental next to us paid us a visit. She said she was suing the landlord of the house next door and wanted us to sign a petition. Of course we said no.

The home next door is the only rental in the whole community, and wonderful folks live there. She's suing him because he had the audacity to insist that she take care of the place, which meant mowing the yard, taking out trash, and paying the electric bill, water bill, and any other bill she had in her name.

When she left, the house was trashed. The yard was so bad we had seen rats. She told us the rental is $1500 a month, which it is because it's a lovely place like all the others and ours. She claimed he should have paid for the lawn and trash upkeep and so she was trying to sue him by starting this petition against him.

Of course we refused, and DH went on to say that we'd seen rats, and she said the rats were our fault because...."You never let your cats out! Of course there's rats!"

Wow...just wow. What a dingbat!

Something I will NOT be doing tomorrow (guess that's today, since it's a Saturday event) is this:

happy-world-naked-gardening-day.jpg

I'm not positive the washer and dryer come with. Would be nice!

They are both hooked up and plugged in. The washer hose is in the drain pipe and the dryer is hooked up to a vent for the heat exhaust. It does mention that the stove and fridge are included, but just a laundry room with carpet. I can't help wonder if the w/d is just for dressing. Hooking both up just for dressing seems like a lot of work to go through. And if the previous owner intended to keep it, wouldn't they be needing it by now? Or did the RE company put it there for show only? :angel:

This sounds so exciting PF. I can hardly wait to see where you end up. I've got my fingers crossed that you get a washer and dryer. It will mean so much to you after having to take your laundry to a laundromat. A little garden yard would be so much fun where you could grow some herbs, and maybe have a little space for the cats to explore outdoors.

Me, I'm making lists of things to prep and ideas for dishes to make after my monthly shopping spree yesterday.

I''m hearing my pillow calling me now. *yawn*

For the past hour I have been poking around Thedailymeal.com/ That site has so much information. All little quirks about food and chefs. Best restaurants, fast foods, etc. About once a week I go there to try and get ideas to perk up my appetite. Asparagus is on sale right now and in season. So when I go shopping, it is on my list. I have some frozen dough in the freezer and I am thinking of making a veggie pizza. Asparagus, broccoli, wax beans, mushrooms and some sliced tomatoes. I will probably sauté some Italian sausage meat. But not too much. I want this to be more veggie than meat.

The Daily Meal had a whole article regarding different toppings for pizza. So I will go for fresh veggies that are in season and on sale. Shopping day for me will be this Wednesday. Then I will go again the next week to finish up with the meats. Right now my freezer is half full and I don't really need meats. More than enough to get me through the month.

Right now I am down to 122#s. Winthrop doesn't want me to go below 120#s. I would like to get down to 97#s. That is the normal weight for my height. The biggest problem is my clothes. Right now I have on my favorite nightgown. Heavy flannel and ever so warm. But it is so big for me that I have to pin the front of the scoop neck together so it doesn't fall off my shoulders. I definitely need smaller, new underwear.

Yesterday I cleaned out (and I do mean CLEANED) my little cabinet that goes with my computer desk. I had stuff in there that was part of old computers and printers that I haven't owned for years. And then when I go through with that I set up to have my bills on automatic payment. Then the management company of our apartments decided to have us mail our rent to a special box office instead of just leaving our check in the mailbox downstairs for the building manager. They do not have automatic payment. It would be so much easier for me. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom