What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a look at that truck that tried to go through the overhead bridge. The stupid jerk didn't even stop when he heard the top of his truck being ripped off. He was more than halfway through when he finally stopped. Sorry about the name calling, but it is the only one that is printable. :angel:
Addie, he probably did hit the brakes as soon as he heard and felt it. It takes a while to make a truck come to a stop.

Andy, it is 6:05 in the morning and I have the news on about the massive fire in your neck of the woods at a condo complex. Anywhere near you? You were my very first thought when I saw the name pop up. :angel:

Not where I live Addie. Thanks for the thought. I you live a lot closer to that fire than I do. I'm close to the NH border.

Just received my order of dried porcini from Pistol River Mushroom. I'm all set for a while. Now I have to bag and freeze them.

Not where I live Addie. Thanks for the thought. I you live a lot closer to that fire than I do. I'm close to the NH border.

Thank you for replying. I was worried. When you posted one time that there was a Penzey's near you, I sort of assumed it was Arlington. That is why I didn't want to mention the name in the post. There is one there in Arlington on Mass. Ave. Respect for personal info and all that stuff, you know.

But that was a nasty fire. One dead, several seriously hurt. And from what I could see in the pics, the apartments looked somewhat like the pics you showed this past winter.

Glad to hear that you and yours are okay and not in harms way. And you are right. It is close enough that I had a job there for a couple of years right on Mass. Ave. A bus and a train or two and I was there in 25 minutes. :angel:

Thank you for replying. I was worried. When you posted one time that there was a Penzey's near you, I sort of assumed it was Arlington...

The Arlington Penzeys is the only one around. I go there from time to time to stock up. Actually, I as there about a month or so ago.

I got a look at that truck that tried to go through the overhead bridge. The stupid jerk didn't even stop when he heard the top of his truck being ripped off. He was more than halfway through when he finally stopped. Sorry about the name calling, but it is the only one that is printable. :angel:
Addie, per the news he was a new-ish driver for that company, it was the first time he had driven a truck that large, and he was not familiar with Boston roads or their total lack of proper signage. It's really not right to completely rip him.

He was interviewed by a local reporter shortly after the accident. He said he panicked when he heard the truck hit and his reflexes made him accelerate. It can be a common reaction in an accident, albeit an undesirable one. As far as seeing a sign? As my neighbor up the street says: MA feels like they don't need to put up good signage - if you're from here, you know where you're going; if you aren't, you can just go back home.

Since you've never driven, you have absolutely no idea how difficult it is to navigate the Boston area. The streets are confusing. In many cases signage is completely lacking, although many times the signs can make you even more confused. Himself has driven Boston streets on and off from the mid-1970s, when he worked for a company that was headquartered in Burlington. He would be up here for a week at a time on business, sometimes 2-3 weeks a month, so he would spend his free time in the evening exploring. He did that on and off with two different companies until Company Number Two moved us up here in 2000. In spite of many adventures exploring the roads, he still managed to completely miss the invisible signs that told us we were entering the Turnpike westbound, when he thought we were going down a parallel road - TWICE! Needless to say, we were not pleased with paying the toll to drive on a road we didn't want in the first place TWICE! Since then, not only has the signage improved at that location, but they built a u-turn in case you get on that ramp anyway.

We no longer go into Boston. Himself has taken pity on me since I turn into a bundle of terrified mush each time we get on those danged roads and feel like we're in a game of Dodge-ems. Providence is so very much nicer (and closer, too!).

With a little paint and a couple of cobwebs the laundry room could be converted to a cozy dungeon for a mature ogre. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

London-Dungeon.jpg

It's beautiful! That's the bedroom I want!:LOL:

Oh! Good point. I know that his spouse card is assigned to the other person who sources stuff, but she doesn't have a car...
I have a biz Costco card. I am allowed one spouse and one extra person and their spouse per year. Well, I haven't looked at that option for a while, but I used to do it for a friend. Hmm, I think it might not be every year that they give me the option of a free membership for an "employee".

I worked for a small consulting firm that had a Costco business card. Any of the dozen or so employees could use it.

Addie, per the news he was a new-ish driver for that company, it was the first time he had driven a truck that large, and he was not familiar with Boston roads or their total lack of proper signage. It's really not right to completely rip him.

He was interviewed by a local reporter shortly after the accident. He said he panicked when he heard the truck hit and his reflexes made him accelerate. It can be a common reaction in an accident, albeit an undesirable one. As far as seeing a sign? As my neighbor up the street says: MA feels like they don't need to put up good signage - if you're from here, you know where you're going; if you aren't, you can just go back home.

Since you've never driven, you have absolutely no idea how difficult it is to navigate the Boston area. The streets are confusing. In many cases signage is completely lacking, although many times the signs can make you even more confused. Himself has driven Boston streets on and off from the mid-1970s, when he worked for a company that was headquartered in Burlington. He would be up here for a week at a time on business, sometimes 2-3 weeks a month, so he would spend his free time in the evening exploring. He did that on and off with two different companies until Company Number Two moved us up here in 2000. In spite of many adventures exploring the roads, he still managed to completely miss the invisible signs that told us we were entering the Turnpike westbound, when he thought we were going down a parallel road - TWICE! Needless to say, we were not pleased with paying the toll to drive on a road we didn't want in the first place TWICE! Since then, not only has the signage improved at that location, but they built a u-turn in case you get on that ramp anyway.

We no longer go into Boston. Himself has taken pity on me since I turn into a bundle of terrified mush each time we get on those danged roads and feel like we're in a game of Dodge-ems. Providence is so very much nicer (and closer, too!).

Like you said, I don't drive. But they do have signs stating the height of each bridge or tunnel. And I know exactly the parallel road you are talking about. We do have signs. They are just still in the sign shop. :angel:

Good luck PF.

A couple of quick thoughts. I read a quick little news blurb today. Someone asked a dumpster diver how could he do that sort of thing.

"Easy. I tell myself each time that this is the one where I am going to find that multi million dollar lottery ticket that someone threw away by accident."

I was up real early to get ready for shopping. When I got back, I was tired and hungry. So I ate a couple of pickle spears wrapped in a slice of baloney and a few lemon flavored Pizzelle cookies with chocolate milk. Now that's a meal. :angel:

Waiting and waiting some more. It's been a long night morning.

Our son took his truck out of town to have a part put in. His brother followed him just in case.They had fun after dropping off his truck went sight seeing.

The guy was 2 hrs late showing up. He told his brother everything was fine to go home that he'd get a room for the night if necessary. Hubby and I called him at 1 am."So what's going on?" They weren't even half way through. It would be another 2-3 hrs. When it was done supposedly they went to start it up. Nothing!!!

Hubby gets a phone call "Dad can you come pick me up?" I have no idea what time that was. He just woke me up long enough to tell me what was going on.

I hear their on their way home. Wonder 1 truck or 2?
What happened? That was one seriously expensive repair job

So here I sit waiting. Patience isn't my thing. Glad I'm older and can get away with being a little cranky.:ohmy:

Munky, that's so annoying. And a little scary. Hope everything works out OK. Like taxy said, keep us up to date.

...We do have signs. They are just still in the sign shop.
:LOL: Oh, I sure like that one, Addie. I'll have to remember it next time we're driving around a mystery road here in MA and he complains about the signs! Thanks for the giggle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom