What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am being helped/coached into the process of converting my songs (from cassettes) to a digitalised format online, with the help of a member here!
icon_cheers.png
I am very excited about it!
color.gif

Good news. Both are home safe and sound.
Hubby's nerves are a bit jangled. He had to deal with the commuter morning rush hour bumper to bumper drive for well over 3 hours just to get there.

What a cool Dad! to get up/out of bed in the middle of the night. Shocked our son who was going to rent a car and just drive home. At 4am, was he crazy!? Dad talked him out of that one. He's slick like that.

Bad news were down 1 truck. The new part that was ordered was defective.
It will be about 3 weeks before it's fixed. The place where he bought it from wants it sent back so they can see what's wrong with it. Then send a new one out.

These guys are going to have to work things out while I'm gone. Of who's driving my car. I'm not sharing my truck. It works!:LOL::-p No touchy!

Shrek has doctor's appointments tomorrow. I need to find a large pet carrier for the cats and pack a lot more boxes. Laundry, I'm not packing dirty clothes.

Have you set a date when you're leaving Montana?

Yes, we will be leaving the 22nd of May. Should be in Lingle by 9 PM. Unload the next day and then run the truck to the drop off in Cheyenne the next day. Unpack as much as we can before I go to work on the 28th.

Yes, we will be leaving the 22nd of May. Should be in Lingle by 9 PM. Unload the next day and then run the truck to the drop off in Cheyenne the next day. Unpack as much as we can before I go to work on the 28th.

It'll be nice to have the days off before you have to go to work so you can get the house in order.

Munky, that's so annoying. And a little scary. Hope everything works out OK. Like taxy said, keep us up to date.

:LOL: Oh, I sure like that one, Addie. I'll have to remember it next time we're driving around a mystery road here in MA and he complains about the signs! Thanks for the giggle.

Glad to be of help any time for outoftowners. :angel:

It's gettin' down to the wire....good luck Princess and Ogre....you'll be so glad once you get into your new home, even if you have to live out of boxes for a while. Wishing you the best, and godspeed. :)

Just paid my driver's license renewal online. That was easier than going to the office. Previous years they only accepted payment from two financial institutions, but they added a bunch this year. I'm glad.

I bought a bag of live clams today. As I was standing there tapping each one I was talking to them. "Yoohoo, anyone home?" If they closed, I knew someone was home and didn't want company. One woman was walking by and started to laugh so hard. "I don't blame you honey. You can't be too careful." I got lucky. One was cracked and one failed to open no matter what you did to it. I strained the broth once and have to do it again. I could get by with just one straining, but I feel better with two. A lot of sand and tiny rocks. I consider them to be flavor enhancers. I have a really fine mesh strainer and I also use a coffee filter in it. Then I know my broth is clear. :angel:

Why am I cooking at 3:41 in the morning? I am rendering the salt pork for the clam chowder. Once the fat is out I will turn up the heat and make the little pieces nice and crunchy. Then I still have to strain the broth again and take the clams out of the shell and remove all the stuff I don't want in the chowder.

Whose idea was it for clam chowder anyway? What was I thinking? I must have been delirious. :angel:

What did I miss? Door opens....

PF just worked at her job for the very last day. She doesn't start her new job until the end of May. She is now between jobs. What is she to do with all this time on her hands. (Except packing and getting ready to move to Wyoming and her new job.) :angel:

Shrek has doctor's appointments tomorrow. I need to find a large pet carrier for the cats and pack a lot more boxes. Laundry, I'm not packing dirty clothes.

Gee, I just thought of another possible problem. Medical care for Shrek and yourself. You will have to find a new doctor. Let's hope the folks at your new job will have some helpful suggestions. :angel:

PF just worked at her job for the very last day. She doesn't start her new job until the end of May. She is now between jobs. What is she to do with all this time on her hands. (Except packing and getting ready to move to Wyoming and her new job.) :angel:
Perfect time to purge stuff! Best of luck, PF, with the move and your new job. What an adventure you are on!

Gee, I just thought of another possible problem. Medical care for Shrek and yourself. You will have to find a new doctor. Let's hope the folks at your new job will have some helpful suggestions. :angel:

Shrek's Medicare goes with him and I am covered until the 31st for insurance purposes. I start my new job the 28th and will be covered then.

We will be using the same Doctors Mom and Dad use in Scottsbluff, Nebraska. The closest place with a Cardiology Team.

I will be off DC for about 2 weeks starting the 15th. Otherwise I will never leave the computer alone and get things done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom