What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We went to Lowe's earlier. DH got mulch, so he's busy prettifying the front garden beds and I'm enjoying a drink on the porch. I asked him to get some rum last week and he came home with mango rum! :ohmy: It doesn't go well with Coke but it's delicious with pineapple juice! :)

bakechef, put an old dusting sock on your foot and wipe the baseboards down while standing! I suppose if you have a chair on wheels you could roll along and do it too. A busy mom of two told me this hint before we had kids. I have to admit I have done it this way!

I think this thread needs to be renamed "What SHOULD you be doing?". :LOL: I should be getting the last of the screens in the windows. That also involves washing down the frame inside the track, and the window in-and-out. I'll be happy if I get half a dozen in. 17 windows are nice...until you start to wash them. :wacko: And I wasn't even counting the sun room ones!

Well I had to get down there anyway. Rob had this vacuum that he liked to use, a Dirt Devil that had black bumpers on it and wouldn't you know that thing would leave black marks on the molding! I really want to write dirt devil and ask them what they were thinking. Rob insisted on using that vacuum because it simple, he hated my canister vac. We've since bought a non-marring vacuum for him to use! A magic eraser took care of the marks, but had to make sure that I didn't rub the paint off.

More like getting rid of every other book:wacko: I can't believe how much I'm getting rid of.

Yuck. That's no fun. Hang in there, Ogress.

I had to work over, and today I got a voicemail message from the Highway Patrolman about the accident I sort of saw. He's got the court date.

Bleah. I have to go as I was a sort of a witness. He emailed me a copy of the accident report, and where I said in my witness statement/report I had to fill out, I said I thought he was going at least 50mph or more. The HP's report said 60 at first, then 50 at impact with the power pole.

In a subsequent report that's confidential, the HP officer said he was tested in the hospital for drugs and/or alcohol and he tested positive for both alcohol (.17) and for two controlled substances, Vicodin and Xanax, for neither of which he had a prescription.

The legal limit in NC is .08. That guy has a long hard road ahead of him.

So, I'm writing everything down as I remember this to take with me to court. Yuck. I just hope that, eventually, he'll be okay.:(

Yuck. That's no fun. Hang in there, Ogress.

I had to work over, and today I got a voicemail message from the Highway Patrolman about the accident I sort of saw. He's got the court date.

Bleah. I have to go as I was a sort of a witness. He emailed me a copy of the accident report, and where I said in my witness statement/report I had to fill out, I said I thought he was going at least 50mph or more. The HP's report said 60 at first, then 50 at impact with the power pole.

In a subsequent report that's confidential, the HP officer said he was tested in the hospital for drugs and/or alcohol and he tested positive for both alcohol (.17) and for two controlled substances, Vicodin and Xanax, for neither of which he had a prescription.

The legal limit in NC is .08. That guy has a long hard road ahead of him.

So, I'm writing everything down as I remember this to take with me to court. Yuck. I just hope that, eventually, he'll be okay.:(

The skinhead that Pirate caught molesting the kid in the ladies room, took a plea. Pirate won't have to testify. He wanted one more chance to get him. :angel:

Vacation is finally here..After this weekends ummmpaaapaaa loompa fest till 5 am.I'm ready to go.

Princes If I see you and the ogre on the freeway I'll wave and make you guys stop and have a cup of coffee. Yes I'm paying. Were going state to state in no particular order.

I'll see you guys in a week or so.
Gotta load up the truck.

Be good.Keep it cool and don't eat right!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Buh-bye.:angel:

Just got back from the store, I got a 4 pound bag of Vidalia Onions for $2.79. It says to store fresh Vidalia onions in the bin in the ref., to wrap each one in a paper towel. Is this what you do?

I just put the whole bag of onions in the fridge bin. I've read that you're not supposed to do that, but it works for me.

I don't buy them by the bag, but I always have a few in the veggie bin. I've never wrapped each in a paper towel. Why would they say to do that? :huh: Is it to keep them warm? Mine never go bad.

I got back from the Danish Club Luncheon about an hour and a half ago. The company and food were good. I scored eight of the extra sandwiches. I got all but herring and egg (upper right hand corner) and fried fish (lower left hand corner).

2015%2B-%2B1

That looks good, Taxy! :yum:

As far as onions, I just buy a couple at a time and use what I need, then chop and freeze the rest. If I were in a cool climate I'd store them, but I don't have that place, so I just have to buy them as I use them.

yummm taxi!

I have two net bags intended for laundry from the dollar store. One bag holds the white onions and the other holds potatoes, hung on hooks on the service porch.
Works perfect for us.

By the way, those cheap net bags from the dollar store are great for washing delicate things in big loads of regular laundry. Goodness knows we need to find ways to save washer loads of water here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom