What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't buy them by the bag, but I always have a few in the veggie bin. I've never wrapped each in a paper towel. Why would they say to do that? :huh: Is it to keep them warm? Mine never go bad.

I only buy a couple of them at a time. I try to find nice big flat ones. Living alone, I only use a half one at a time. I put the other half in the fridge, wrapped in plastic wrap and then placed in a zippy bag. I do get a lot of mileage from even one. But when I do get them home, no, they don't go in the fridge.

My girlfriend used to send me a small crate. But I would only make it through 3/4 of the crate and then they would start to go on me. So I reluctantly had to tell her to stop. But I still send her a Parm and Romano piece from a wheel at my supermarket. She cannot find an import of either one in Atlanta. And I was with her when we went to several stores looking for it. She even asked the manager in a couple of stores. So I promised I would keep her in her favorite cheeses. I have to laugh. When she has friends over, she loves to pull out her chunk of cheese with a grater and let them grate their own. And sure enough, (she tells me) they always check the rind to see if it has the stamp on it. "Where did you find this?" "Oh I have friends in high places," is her usual response.

Nance tells me that the Valdalia is the same price if not higher in Atlanta as it is here. When ever I am sending her the cheese, I wrap it in the weekly flyer of Market Basket. It breaks her heart to see the prices I pay. :angel:

Our potatoes and onions are kept in vented bins under the kitchen counter. They do fine. We buy 10lb of potatoes and 2-3 lb onions at a time, but we use a lot for just 2 people. I eat a lot of onions every day. They are very good for you.

Needs exterior paint, will have to find out how to treat stucco. The front I will be able to paint, thinking of a pale green or lilac color.

As for the laundry room...I really hate laundry.

I think that after awhile, you'll discover you don't hate laundry so much. You put a load on to wash and go about your business. Taken in little bites like that will be a distraction, but it sure beats packing up a ton of laundry and having to cart it to a laundromat. I admit it's easier getting it all washed and dried at a laundromat takes less time using multiple machines, but then you have a huge pile to fold.

Maybe Shrek will take over some of the burden for you?:LOL: XOXOX

I think that after awhile, you'll discover you don't hate laundry so much. You put a load on to wash and go about your business. Taken in little bites like that will be a distraction, but it sure beats packing up a ton of laundry and having to cart it to a laundromat. I admit it's easier getting it all washed and dried at a laundromat takes less time using multiple machines, but then you have a huge pile to fold.

Just think of not having to lug that basket of laundry in and out of the car in the freezing cold of winter over snow banks. :angel:

Our potatoes and onions are kept in vented bins under the kitchen counter. They do fine. We buy 10lb of potatoes and 2-3 lb onions at a time, but we use a lot for just 2 people. I eat a lot of onions every day. They are very good for you.

Thanks for the reminder Carol. I have a half of Vidalia in the fridge. Sautéed with some scrambled eggs sounds like a perfect light meal for today. :angel:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just think of not having to lug that basket of laundry in and out of the car in the freezing cold of winter over snow banks. :angel:

Never has bothered me, even when I lived where it snowed.

I'm getting a clothes line put up, a dryer rack in the basement and hoping for the best. I will still hate laundry, not sure that personality trait can be erased.:rolleyes:

Making rhubarb sauce. The neighbor is gone, and has given me permission to harvest from his prolific rhubarb patch. I have my own little rhubarb patch, but it's not nearly as big.

I really was tempted to wear a rhubarb leaf as a hat.

Last edited:
Making rhubarb sauce. The neighbor is gone, and has given me permission to harvest from his prolific rhubarb patch. I have my own little rhubarb patch, but it's not nearly as big.

I really was tempted to wear a rhubarb leaf as a hat.

Just finished eating a jar of rhubarb jam this afternoon. DH loves putting it on his ice cream. I made 6 jars the other day.

Just finished eating a jar of rhubarb jam this afternoon. DH loves putting it on his ice cream. I made 6 jars the other day.

Rhubarb really is a treasure, isn't it? I grew up with it. A friend who lives south of the border can't get it. I'll have to bring her more rhubarb jam.

I think I'm going to go rob more of my neighbor's rhubarb. Since his wife left him, :( he doesn't do anything with it anyway. He appreciates the jam.

That's nice of you, Dawg. I miss rhubarb. My dad grew it in our backyard growing up and we'd eat it raw :yum: It doesn't do well here.

Wait a minute! Maybe it would be a good fall crop here! I'll have to try it this fall :yum:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Never has bothered me, even when I lived where it snowed.

I'm getting a clothes line put up, a dryer rack in the basement and hoping for the best. I will still hate laundry, not sure that personality trait can be erased.:rolleyes:

I have had the following Minky Homecare Tower Indoor Drying Rack - BedBathandBeyond.com rack for more than 15 years. It has served well. You wouldn't believe the amount of laundry you can hang on it. At least two full loads.

The shelves are individually removable. And it is made of coated metal.

Just thought you would like to see something like this. It folds up out of the way when not in use. And it is on wheels so you can put it near the furnace in the basement. :angel:

Thanks Addie, I'll be sure to pick it up before we leave. Nearest BB&B is an hour and a half away from the new house.

Thanks Addie, I'll be sure to pick it up before we leave. Nearest BB&B is an hour and a half away from the new house.

I love mine. It has become a "when Ma dies, I get that rack!" When I first bought mine the cost was $15.99, so it shows just how long I have had it. I think the company owes me some money. I have had more folks buy one after they see mine. My daughter even borrowed it for a party. She covered the bottom shelf with foil and used it to put a large platter of appetizers on it. She had no room anywhere else. :angel:

That's a cool drying rack Addie. I should get myself something like that. I have a drying rack, but it's not that good.

It is a great rack. I bought mine when I had two kids still at home. And I never ran out of drying space when I would do a load. Now I live alone and I never fill it up with just my stuff and the house.

I love mine. Take the house, kids, husband, and even the family dog. Don't take my drying rack. :angel:

Last edited:
I just use a rolling garment rack similar to this, but without the top shelf: Buy Portable & Adjustable Garment Rack from Bed Bath & Beyond I have two of them, one in the basement for when I take clothes from the washer or dryer, the other upstairs so I can dry shirts quicker. I air-dry almost all of our clothes, except for underwear, towels, and sheets. I fluff shirts and dress pants in the dryer on air for about 10-15 minutes, then take the stuff out and put each item on a hanger - the plastic ones with swivel hooks and rounded shoulders. Once the shirts are dry, I can pop them right into the closet. Pants/jeans get clipped onto skirt hangers.

My SIL used to do ironing to pick up extra money. She has one of the commercial grade, two-rail types that is built like a tank. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom