What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Friday after loading the truck. It will be a 12-14 hour drive depending on the weather. Supposed to have 14 mph wind and rain, maybe even snow.

PF, I just looked at a map to see that Lingle is in the southeast corner of the state. You have to cross most of Wyoming, and Nebraska is your next door neighbor.

Dad coming by bus on Thursday. Will take Shrek out to Five Guys in the next couple of days.

Off to deliver more boxes to the storage unit.

Good for you. And don't rush when you are at Five Guys. You both need a break and some enjoyment for just the two of you.

I assume the storage unit is for the boxes to be loaded into the truck. And not for permanent storage in Montana. Having all the boxes in one place will make the job go so much easier.

When I was packing to move from Tacoma back to Boston, the maintenance man had a hand cart. And one came with the U Haul. So while Spike was unloading one hand cart, I was filling up the second one. Made the work go so much faster. We were all packed in less than two hours. Then we hit the road. :angel:

Friday after loading the truck. It will be a 12-14 hour drive depending on the weather. Supposed to have 14 mph wind and rain, maybe even snow.

I really hope the three of you stop overnight somewhere PF!! For you and your Dad to keep driving straight through could be a really terrible mistake. With your Dad just going through that long bus ride, he's bound to already be road weary.

Last edited:
PF, I just looked at a map to see that Lingle is in the southeast corner of the state. You have to cross most of Wyoming, and Nebraska is your next door neighbor.

Yep, if the wind is right I can spit into Nebraska from my workplace.:LOL:

Good for you. And don't rush when you are at Five Guys. You both need a break and some enjoyment for just the two of you.

I assume the storage unit is for the boxes to be loaded into the truck. And not for permanent storage in Montana. Having all the boxes in one place will make the job go so much easier.

When I was packing to move from Tacoma back to Boston, the maintenance man had a hand cart. And one came with the U Haul. So while Spike was unloading one hand cart, I was filling up the second one. Made the work go so much faster. We were all packed in less than two hours. Then we hit the road. :angel:

It's the storage unit we've always had, for the Thule Cargo Box, and things we are not using. Now it is almost full of packed boxes, so we are not living in stacks of boxes. Also, so it will be easier to the truck from the storage unit, instead of hauling everything up the steps the day we load up. We have two hand trucks and a furniture dolly, there is an appliance dolly that comes with the truck.

Taking it easy today, not in such a rush, tomorrow...back to the grind.

I really hope the three of you stop overnight somewhere PF!! For you and your Dad to keep driving straight through could be a really terrible mistake. With your Dad just going through that long bus ride, he's bound to already be road weary.

No worries, we have 4 days rental with the truck, if we need to stop, we will. Plus we are picking Dad up,the day before and he gets a rest before we start loading. I might even feed him breakfast.:LOL::rolleyes:

Once again, there is a difference between what I am doing and what I need to be doing. My wonky hip has me sitting because walking is...interesting. No pain, but a funny "click" with each step. Not exactly conducive to walking uphill in an unevenly graded yard. :ermm:

So I play around with food in the kitchen, since just standing or walking a bit is no problem. Or I sit, and go through WAY too many time-wasting websites. And I found another good one to share. I'm still trying to decide which fits me best: 5, 11 or 15. Hope you enjoy this!

17 Problems Every Type-B Person Will Understand

It's the storage unit we've always had, for the Thule Cargo Box, and things we are not using. Now it is almost full of packed boxes, so we are not living in stacks of boxes. Also, so it will be easier to the truck from the storage unit, instead of hauling everything up the steps the day we load up. We have two hand trucks and a furniture dolly, there is an appliance dolly that comes with the truck.

Taking it easy today, not in such a rush, tomorrow...back to the grind.

Wow! Now that sounds like a well thought out plan. Just take you time in doing everything. :angel:

I can so relate to #11. My sister used to call it 'giving the dishes First Aid.' I'd soak them in scalding hot water. Too hot to put my hands in. Let it cool down. Now the water is to cold to wash them. Change the water to hot water. Too hot to put my hands in. Repeat several times until you need that pan to make a meal. :angel:

I can so relate to #11. My sister used to call it 'giving the dishes First Aid.' I'd soak them in scalding hot water. Too hot to put my hands in. Let it cool down. Now the water is to cold to wash them. Change the water to hot water. Too hot to put my hands in. Repeat several times until you need that pan to make a meal. :angel:
According to the current advice over here, given the cost of our water and electricity/gas, the d/w once a day is supposed to be more economical than washing up in the sink after every meal.

When I moved house there wasn't room for my full-size dishwasher and I live alone so I bought a new narrow one. Supposed to take 10 place settings. Oh, yeah? Don't know how they work that one out. 10 pace settings and there's no room for anything else - in fact, put in 5 place settings and while there's plenty of space left there's no actual room for anything else to fit so it's do two washes per session or roll up your sleeves and fill the sink for the stuff that won't fit in the d/w. And it's a "Bosch". Top of the range. Ha!

It doesn't clean properly and it doesn't dry despite diligent cleaning of filters, etc. My old cheap and cheerful "Beko" full-size d/w which cost half the price of the Bosch was infinitely better at everything. Fortunately I put the Beko in storage and I'm seriously considering removing a cupboard to make room for it and sending the Bosch to the charity shop.

As this thread asks what I'm doing the answer is I'm doing the (insert your own rude word) washing up.

Rant over and I feel better :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately they didn't provide dishwashers. Instead we have garbage disposals. I would rather have the dishwasher. Half the time I forget to use the disposal. I toss the food scraps in with the trash. But it would be hard to forget to wash the dishes. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom