What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not so much "what are you doing" as "what I did". I think I got every little dot of pollen dusted and vacuumed from the sun room. I moved everything, and dusted every nook and cranny. Looks good! Till I open the windows again...

Also made a full dinner, and did two runs through the washer/dryer in relationship to the fabric stuff in the sun room. I'm pooped. :neutral:

Right now I'm enjoying a full serving of red wine. I think of it as my alcohol rubdown from the inside. Can't wait till it gets to my ankles. :LOL:

Next time one of the kids wants to get you something, ask for an office rug protector. We have always had one underneath the rolling chair by the computer to save the carpeting. Works like a charm. We got ours at Staples, but I think any office supply company would have them. Maybe even in the bigger Targets.

images

A half sheet of tempered Masonite or plywood will also do the job.

Renewed the car and truck license and registrations yesterday and today DH and I have to renew our drivers license. Glad I remembered, would hate to take the drivers test again. :)

Next time one of the kids wants to get you something, ask for an office rug protector. We have always had one underneath the rolling chair by the computer to save the carpeting. Works like a charm. We got ours at Staples, but I think any office supply company would have them. Maybe even in the bigger Targets.

images

Management has been told twice by HUD to get one. It will be the day of my next wedding before they do. Management says it should come out of maintenance money and they say it should come from office supplies. I don't really care. It is not my carpet, so it can go to shreds. :angel:

Had to call AAA for a jump. Something keeps draining my car battery, and my mechanic can't figure out what's doing it. We thought it might have been the phone charger, but apparently not. Then DH called and left a message, he was carless as his was at the mechanic's, and wanted lunch. I picked him up, we went to lunch, and when we got back to the car, we had a ticket! DH had plugged the wrong meter! The car next to us got an extra hour for free. It cracked me up, I have to watch DH every minute, apparently. He was not happy.

Had to call AAA for a jump. Something keeps draining my car battery, and my mechanic can't figure out what's doing it. We thought it might have been the phone charger, but apparently not...

Did the mechanic check the integrity of the battery? I had a almost new car fail to start and it turned out to be a defective battery.

I just had him put in a new battery a few months ago after AAA had to jump it several times in a row. I'll be taking it back in in a couple days for oil change, hopefully they can find the problem.

I have a young, sturdy plant that sprung up (one of nature's gifts) and recently identified it to be a young ash tree! It cannot remain where it is (would not be room), so I have unearthed it now and will be taking it to a recycling depot to leave there, labelled, in case someone wants to take it home.

I just had him put in a new battery a few months ago after AAA had to jump it several times in a row. I'll be taking it back in in a couple days for oil change, hopefully they can find the problem.

A few years back I had that problem with a relatively new car, and it ended up being a bad alternator. DH would charge the battery over night and I would drive to work, then at quitting time the guys from the garage would have jump it so I could go home. One of the guys in my office said "Carol got a jump yesterday and she liked it so much she wants another one today." Funny guy....

Last edited:
Honey Were Home

Were back from our vacation.We both had a good time.
Met with a real estate broker.It's going to be hard finding a single level home where we want to move to. I'll find it eventually. I've been told it's my turn to make the decision of where we move to. It will be our final stop. So it has to be a good choice all around.

*No pressure.* Really. So they say.

Once I've re acclimated to our home elevation I'll post pics. I'm just very tired.We drove pretty much straight home. So my body's achy.Legs are hurting.By the looks of the house I've been missed. Our dogs insisted we keep the bedroom door open all night. They don't trust Dad anymore. He's in the dog house (again) with them.:ohmy: Poor Dad. :LOL:

Sorry I missed you on the road Princess. Maybe next time.

Last edited:
Just got back from Costco. It was pork day for me. I bought a three pack of baby backs, a four pack of tenderloins and a four pack of bacon.

I plan to smoke a rack of ribs and some ABTs this weekend.

I just started on making some potato salad for a side. Cole slaw comes later.

A few years back I had that problem with a relatively new car, and it ended up being a bad alternator. DH would charge the battery over night and I would drive to work, then at quitting time the guys from the garage would have jump it so I could go home. One of the guys in my office said "Carol got a jump yesterday and she liked it so much she wants another one today." Funny guy....

That was funny! I remember when my husband and I had our car and all of a sudden it wouldn't start. We called for a tow, the guy from the shop brought with him an alternator. Hadn't even looked at the engine. Just knew from the way I told him what was happening when we tried to start it. He installed it right there at roadside. Never had another problem. Sent us a bill for just the alternator. No labor charges on the bill at all. Ya gotta luv someone like that. We did remember come Christmas time. :angel:

Ditto here Munky. Getting away every so often is good for the soul! :angel:

Yes it is!
It's also told me to get while the getting's good.

I can't believe the gears are finally in motion. Being stuck in neutral for so many years hasn't been that much fun. I've learned to work with what I have. Be thankful for the fact that when we go everything that's been tolerated will be left behind.

Clear blue skies ahead. :)

Dawg, I hope they figured out the problem with your car and that it's now fixed.

Munky, good to see you back, and glad you had a nice vacation. :)

It's a rather cool and cloudy day today, good chance of rain this afternoon. It's a stay inside kind of day. I'm making a pot of Zuppa Toscana, it's simmering on the stove now and smells so good. :yum:

As long as I'm in the kitchen, I'm hoping to get around to making a loaf of banana bread or two. I've got 4 very ripe bananas that are yelling at me to make some. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom