What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Use the quilt, Cheryl! I have several treasured quilts, made by both DH's and my great grandmother and other relatives. They won't keep you warm when you're no longer here and don't need them anymore!

I keep one on the guest bed, and rotate. They were made to be used and loved.

You are so right. One is done, the other one I found hasn't been quilted yet, it's only the top.

You are so right. One is done, the other one I found hasn't been quilted yet, it's only the top.

Do you have a sewing machine? Quilting isn't that hard, though it isn't my thing. Get some quilt batting and a sheet that fits the back. Or maybe find someone who quilts, there are many who love it, and would be happy to finish it for you. Good luck, these are treasures!

I saw a post on Pinterest where the person used masking tape on the cloth as a seam guide. Made sense to me!

Last edited:
I am sitting here with a dumb look on my face. Have any of you seen the ad for the Samsung Washer with a built in sink? It is a top loader.

The purpose of the sink is to handle tough stains like blood or hand wash your delicates. It has a surface similar to those scrubbing boards that your grandparents might have used. It allows you to scrub any tough stains out before you put it in the washer.

Do we need one of these? The price starts at the $800 mark and goes all the way up to the $1,000+ mark.

Samsung Activewash Washing Machine Preview - CNET :angel:
I like the idea of a sink. But, I like my front loader. I really wish I had a laundry sink in the basement near my washer and dryer.

Were back from our vacation.We both had a good time.
Met with a real estate broker.It's going to be hard finding a single level home where we want to move to. I'll find it eventually. I've been told it's my turn to make the decision of where we move to. It will be our final stop. So it has to be a good choice all around.

*No pressure.* Really. So they say.

Once I've re acclimated to our home elevation I'll post pics. I'm just very tired.We drove pretty much straight home. So my body's achy.Legs are hurting.By the looks of the house I've been missed. Our dogs insisted we keep the bedroom door open all night. They don't trust Dad anymore. He's in the dog house (again) with them.:ohmy: Poor Dad. :LOL:

Sorry I missed you on the road Princess. Maybe next time.

Next time plan on visiting Devil's Tower and I can meet you there. Glad you had a good trip.

Next time plan on visiting Devil's Tower and I can meet you there. Glad you had a good trip.

Well hello stranger.:)
Glad your move went well.I'll need pointers soon on how you did it.

We can meet you both at Devils Tower.Once settled were planning on traveling all over.The coffee will still be on me.:LOL:

Now that I think of it. You might be the first to see my retirement package deal.A new Jeep.I've always wanted one.

BEEP-BEEP I'm a Jeep...Move over ppl! :ROFLMAO:

I'm cooking up the neighbor's purloined rhubarb. Still looking for the right texture, I might have it now. I let it dry out overnight.

Next I plan to make up another batch of homemade Kahlua, using the icky Newman's Special Blend Keurig cups that we find makes undrinkable swill, but they came with the machine.

I'm still looking for the recipe I used the last time, GG. Wish me luck! Last time I made it I had a whole bunch of hotel packets of machine coffee, we were out of Kahlua, and I made it up using vodka, lots of strong coffee, brown sugar, a vanilla bean. It turned out really good, and a lot cheaper than store bought here. We can get it really cheap in Mexico, half the price that we pay here, and I'm a cheapskate.

I'll send you the recipe when I find it.

Last edited:
I'm still looking for the recipe I used the last time, GG. Wish me luck! Last time I made it I had a whole bunch of hotel packets of machine coffee, we were out of Kahlua, and I made it up using vodka, lots of strong coffee, brown sugar, a vanilla bean. It turned out really good, and a lot cheaper than store bought here. We can get it really cheap in Mexico, half the price that we pay here, and I'm a cheapskate.

I'll send you the recipe when I find it.

That would be great! I love Kahlua. It's expensive here, too. But it's great in Rachael Ray's Quick Tiramisu :yum:

Dang. I couldn't find the original recipe, but here's what I'm doing:

Dumped, boiled up, strained and drained a whole bunch of Keurig cups we didn't like for coffee. Didn't care for the Newmans. I used about 9 K cups, and a half pot of water in a 4 quart pot.

Added about a cup of brown sugar, and a quarter cup of agave syrup, along with a couple of split vanilla beans. You could probably use vanilla extract. Right now I'm waiting for the mix to reduce. After it cools, I'll strain it again and add vodka.

Last edited:
GG, wish I could send you a taste. Even without booze, it's outstanding! I see a white Russian in my near future.

It's a great way to use up coffees that aren't something you would usually drink.

A lot of the Kahlua recipes online use instant coffee. I like mine better!

Last edited:
Do you have a sewing machine? Quilting isn't that hard, though it isn't my thing. Get some quilt batting and a sheet that fits the back. Or maybe find someone who quilts, there are many who love it, and would be happy to finish it for you. Good luck, these are treasures!

I saw a post on Pinterest where the person used masking tape on the cloth as a seam guide. Made sense to me!

No sewing machine here - I think I'll take it to a quilt shop here in town. The ladies there do wonderful work, and know their stuff.

No sewing machine here - I think I'll take it to a quilt shop here in town. The ladies there do wonderful work, and know their stuff.

Then I would go for it! Sleep with your "new" quilt.

I think we don't use our stuff enough. You reminded me to rotate my quilt, Cheryl, thanks!

If anything ever happened to DH I would either have to hire someone to cut the grass or get an electric mower. Right now I'm leaning toward hiring someone. I would never want to play around with gasoline.

If anything ever happened to DH I would either have to hire someone to cut the grass or get an electric mower. Right now I'm leaning toward hiring someone. I would never want to play around with gasoline.

Our yard is so lumpy and sloped, I would hire someone to mow it too.

Right now, we have a few neighbor kids I could hire. But they're growing up fast, and DH is still capable of mowing, though he complains bitterly.

One of the greatest pleasures of condo living is that I don't have to do any yard work or pool care, and very little snow shoveling.

DH needs something to complain bitterly about. Mowing and snow shoveling make his life complete.

Need to make some more hummingbird food, I see the feeder is empty. I bought a new one this year.

Last edited:
TB bought a tiny electric mower from a garage sale a couple of years ago. It is perfect for our tiny bit of grass we had put in for Violet.

I am enjoying a little peace for a few minutes while TB, Violet and our weekend guest go for a walk. Every Thursday night we have our friend Kay's almost 4 year old son stay for an over night. The on Saturdays we pick up his 5 year old sister for the night. This gives Kay a chance to have one on one time with her kids and to get some housework done! And it gives us kid time which is great! This is a very sad situation with an abusive husband/father who is now totally out of the picture. But there are still pieces to pick up from the damage he caused.

We will probably take her to the park again before taking her home. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom