What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just whipped up a batch of apple squares. I love this recipe, so quick and easy, not to mention delicious.

I would love to have that recipe, Andy. However, since I can't eat sweets anymore, I wouldn't want to be tempted! I love anything with apples!

Edit: Just saw that you posted it for anyone who wants it! duh! I think the lack of sugar is messing with my mind:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I researched how to remove rust from old knives and citric acid came up. I got a tall skinny vase and filled with hot water and some citric acid, after a couple hours most of the rust was gone! These were my granddad's knives passed down to my dad, and they had been neglected, glad I could save them!

I had a neighbor who was an auto mechanic. He told me that when they want to clean parts of the engine, or remove rust, they soak the part In Coco Cola. The garage would buy more than 100 cases each month. Makes you wonder what it does to your stomach. :angel:

I had a neighbor who was an auto mechanic. He told me that when they want to clean parts of the engine, or remove rust, they soak the part In Coco Cola. The garage would buy more than 100 cases each month. Makes you wonder what it does to your stomach. :angel:

It does nothing to your stomach, unless you already have an ulcer. Stomach acid is stronger than the acid in Coke.

Waiting...still not in any house, moving into a studio apartment on Wednesday. We've been unable to get the loan for the Main Street house because it is zoned commercial. So looking at another house a block away. We will be able to move in and "rent to own" at the end of this month. We can live in our house until we close on it, the lease for the people who are living there is over at the end of this month.

It has a deck, a garage, mature yard with a couple little trees. It's two bedroom and a HUGE! kitchen. Enough counter and cupboard space for making a Thanksgiving feast and be able to turn around. I'll be able toput everything away in the kitchen. Will take pics once we move in.

I'm sure it is, a bit more living space and a kitchen to work in, I am in heaven. Now if only time would speed up so I can move in.

Sounds like you just may have hit the jackpot. :angel: A little prayer went up in the hopes that the present tenants will move out early and you don't have too much cleaning up to do after them. I can't help but get excited for you. A new adventure for the both of you.

Is this the first home that you and Shrek will have owned?

Why did the owners fix up that other property for a home when it is listed as a commercial building? Surely they knew. Don't they now have to get it changed from commercial to residential? I will be curios to see if they are ever able to sell it as residential.

What does the new home come with? Like fridge, washer/dryer, etc. And what kind of stove? The other was move in condition. Here's hoping this one is too for you. I would hate to think that you and Shrek will be spending more time fixing it up instead of enjoying your new home. Good luck and here's hoping the time flies by for the both of you. :angel:

Waiting...still not in any house, moving into a studio apartment on Wednesday. We've been unable to get the loan for the Main Street house because it is zoned commercial. So looking at another house a block away. We will be able to move in and "rent to own" at the end of this month. We can live in our house until we close on it, the lease for the people who are living there is over at the end of this month.

It has a deck, a garage, mature yard with a couple little trees. It's two bedroom and a HUGE! kitchen. Enough counter and cupboard space for making a Thanksgiving feast and be able to turn around. I'll be able toput everything away in the kitchen. Will take pics once we move in.

Sounds great, princess! One of those when one door closes a better one opens kind of thing. Yay! Hoping the move-in goes quickly. :)

:LOL: Thanks, Dawg...anytime family and friends can get together and celebrate something with lots of food, is good. Especially good when everyone likes each other! :ohmy::LOL:

Twice in my lifetime my whole family has been able to get together. One July 4th weekend and last year for my 75th birthday. The second one was twice the size of the first one. For the July 4th, a lot of the kids hadn't even been born. And the first generation grandkids weren't married yet. They weren't even old enough. We have the July 4th on video. My daughter Maureen was in it. My son Spike put it on a disc for me. Every so often I will play it and really look at how beautiful she was. She had long natural blonde hair and huge blue eyes. They both show right through.

I hope you have as much fun as we did that weekend. I had so much more energy then and really enjoyed it. I hope you have as much fun. Certainly sounds like you will. :angel:

Sounds like you just may have hit the jackpot. :angel: A little prayer went up in the hopes that the present tenants will move out early and you don't have too much cleaning up to do after them. I can't help but get excited for you. A new adventure for the both of you.

Is this the first home that you and Shrek will have owned?

yes

Why did the owners fix up that other property for a home when it is listed as a commercial building? Surely they knew. Don't they now have to get it changed from commercial to residential? I will be curios to see if they are ever able to sell it as residential.

I don't know, have not been privy to their thinking.

What does the new home come with? Like fridge, washer/dryer, etc. And what kind of stove? The other was move in condition. Here's hoping this one is too for you. I would hate to think that you and Shrek will be spending more time fixing it up instead of enjoying your new home. Good luck and here's hoping the time flies by for the both of you. :angel:

Stove, trash compactor, dishwasher, refrigerator, washer and dryer. The kitchen is a fixer upper, the appliances will be changed out over the next few years. The appliances are 1970's yellow, so is the sink and it will be changed, too. Eventually I will replace the Formica counter top. It is all on one level. It also has a fireplace in the family/dining room.

If you and Shrek don't land in a permanent home soon I might take to calling you two Moses and Sarah. ;) Seriously, though, it sounds like this new place might be a much better option for settling in. Good luck with all the ducks you have to get into a row so that you finally get to move in.

...mature yard with a couple little trees...
You certainly don't want to deal with an immature yard. Heaven only knows what kind of mischief it might get into.

...It also has a fireplace in the family/dining room.
We've had a wood-burning fireplace in each of our three houses. Love them! Still, I'm thinking a gas option on the next one would be nice. Getting harder to haul wood as we get older.

Stove, trash compactor, dishwasher, refrigerator, washer and dryer. The kitchen is a fixer upper, the appliances will be changed out over the next few years. The appliances are 1970's yellow, so is the sink and it will be changed, too. Eventually I will replace the Formica counter top. It is all on one level. It also has a fireplace in the family/dining room.
As one gets older having stairs gets annoying. It's so much nicer to have the laundry on the same level as the bedroom. I'm so tired of shlepping dirty laundry from the top floor to the basement and back up when it's clean. I'm sure Shrek will appreciate having everything on one level.

What kind of condition is the Formica counter top in? Those old Formica counter tops usually had a "ridge" at the front edge, so liquids wouldn't dribble onto the floor. I haven't seen that with other counter top materials, except stainless steel. Mine don't have it and it makes hand washing of dishes unpleasant. I hate getting my tummy wet while washing dishes. Yeah, I know you will have a dishwasher. I have a dishwasher and I still have to wash some stuff by hand.

My best friend back home has a fireplace like that, too, taxy. Not only is having gas as an option nice, it makes starting a wood fire so much easier!

I'm still trying to wind down from an exciting basketball game. For the second game in a row, there was overtime. I don't know if we'll be able to make it to game five if the rest of the playoffs are like this! Although he isn't a sports type of guy, even Himself was yelling at the refs and their goofy calls and non-calls during this game.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom