What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bakechef, I just glanced over that trifle recipe. Gained two pounds. :(

I hear you on the biscuits-for-strawberry-shortcakes. My Mom made one that was just a wee bit sweet, and oh-so-tender. :yum: I get married, and what does Himself prefer? Those stinkin' sponges they sell in the four- or 6-count packages. Yuck. We compromise and have angel food cake or Sarah Lee's pound cake. Every once in a while I'm nice and get sponges for him, but then I have to keep it even by making biscuits for me. ;)

Have a nice visit with your company.

Those sponges are terrible! I'd go for the pound cake if I couldn't have biscuits!

The trifle was decadent! Definitely not an everyday dessert but well worth the effort! This is definitely a chocolate lovers dessert, wonderful intense chocolate flavor. Rob went crazy over the custard when I let him try it!

Here is the finished product.
IMG]

Last edited:
Nothing but good wishes coming your way, PF. The second house DOES sound better than the first. Hope all moves along quickly for you. Glad you are liking your new job.

I call my C.U. to check up on my withdrawals and what has cleared my account. There are some point of sale withdrawals that I did not remember making. All my automatic withdrawal payment for bills have cleared. The only place I use my debit card is at the local corner store that I frequent about once a day. Every time I enter my pin number, I notice the person behind the counter turns her back to me so she doesn't see me enter it. So I know they aren't playing hanky panky with my card. What is going on? I called Spike and asked him if he had been using my account. He is on my account as a co-signer. A lot of times I will ask him to pick me up something I may need at the store. We have a sort of loose give and take attitude with my account. Sure enough. He tells me he owes me about $70. He hasn't seen his boss to get some of his pay, so he has been using my account as his own.

Today he made it a point of catching his boss and get some money so he can pay me back. So of course I had to call him to get me some stuff that food stamps does not cover. I am no good when it comes to anything that has to do with arithmetic. I am lucky if I can do simple addition and subtraction. So I leave it all up to Spike. And Pirate absolutely loves to play with my mind. He is one of those math whiz kids. He knows the answer before you can even write the figures down on paper. I just sit there with a blank look on my face.

Last week Spike lost my EBT card. So today I had to go and get a new one. The new ones now have your picture on them. But there are exceptions. If you are disabled, (Spike) and over 57 y.o., no picture is required. Spike's card was so old all the numbers were worn off. So he decided to get a new one while he was there. As crowded as the place was, in and out. Then to the store to finish my shopping from last Monday.

And TaxLady, I found those Asian dinners that only take a minute to heat up. I got two of them for Pirate. He liked both of them. Thanks for leading me to them. Something I can add to my monthly list of repeaters. I am not fond of Asian dishes. Too spicy for me. But perfect for Pirate. And less work for me. :angel:

And TaxLady, I found those Asian dinners that only take a minute to heat up. I got two of them for Pirate. He liked both of them. Thanks for leading me to them. Something I can add to my monthly list of repeaters. I am not fond of Asian dishes. Too spicy for me. But perfect for Pirate. And less work for me. :angel:
I'm glad to hear that Pirate likes them. You should try a teensy taste when he is eating one. Most of them are not very spicy at all. I love the fact that there is no weird stuff in them, just food.

We're back home after our week long history tour back east and the washer and dryer are busy. The tour was amazing but I've never been so hot and sticky in my life! Temps in the 90's with nearly equal humidity about killed this already hot mama.:ohmy::furious:

Steve is working on the trip story and it will be ready in a few days if anyone is interested in the details. It's fun to go but always good to be back where we belong. :)

Busier day than usual. Quick visit to the doc for a periodic check up and my second "once in a lifetime" pneumonia shot.

My dear sister had taken pity on my week long bachelorhood so invited me for dinner. She takes good care of her baby brother.

To kill some time after the doc and on the way to see Sis, I stopped to browse at a strip mall in a nearby town to visit four little stores in a row for Indian, Pakistani and Asian markets. Lots of great smells and goodies.

Welcome back, Kayelle!

I'm busy spinning gold out of straw. Had a total fail with a loaf of banana nut bread this afternoon. Right now I'm enjoying it torn in pieces, sitting in melting vanilla ice cream. It reminds me of bread pudding...if bread pudding used banana bread. ;) Still good enough. So far bread=0, Goddess=1. Tomorrow, for breakfast, I'll pan-fry a piece, then drizzle with maple syrup. We'll see how that goes.

Welcome back, Kayelle!

I'm busy spinning gold out of straw. Had a total fail with a loaf of banana nut bread this afternoon. Right now I'm enjoying it torn in pieces, sitting in melting vanilla ice cream. It reminds me of bread pudding...if bread pudding used banana bread. ;) Still good enough. So far bread=0, Goddess=1. Tomorrow, for breakfast, I'll pan-fry a piece, then drizzle with maple syrup. We'll see how that goes.
What do you mean "total fail"? What went wrong? Obviously it couldn't have been more than a 50% fail.

We went to see a really good band play at a local art museum. They were amazing! They are out of Texas, and have a sound like Little Feat. They actually asked to play in our little town, then they're off to places like MPLS and Chicago.

It was potluck. We saw a few folks we knew, and asked why they didn't tell us about this? Apparently a well guarded secret!

Last edited:
I'm watching my dog go crazy. There's a very small opossum in the back yard, and she wanted to play with it. She got down on her elbows with her tail going a hundred miles an hour, but the little opossum didn't seem to want to play. He/she ran away and hid under the deck, and he/she is still there.

Poor little thing. He/she is very, very small and probably terrified.

It's about 07h here. I'm getting ready to drive my sister to the airport. We want to be out the door by 07h45. Flight's at ~11h, but with having to be there a couple of hours before the flight, we have to consider rush hour. Without traffic, this would be a 15 minute drive. I don't usually get up until 09h30. If this post doesn't make any sense, it's because I'm not really awake yet.

Traffic wasn't bad. The round trip to the airport was just under an hour. I'll be checking flight status until my sister is home in SoCal. It was good to see her.

It's about 07h here...I don't usually get up until 09h30. If this post doesn't make any sense, it's because I'm not really awake yet.
I barely make sense until hours after I've been awake. I half-kidding tell people I'm not functional until after noon whether I get up at 9:00 or 11:45. :LOL: Not that I make a habit of the 11:45 time... Happy for you that you and your sister had a nice visit. Now will you reciprocate by visiting her in CA?

I've wasted more time today, busy watching my little patch of Eden. Filled most of the bird feeders and have been visited by a lot of critters and birds. The best part was watching a beautiful, iridescent green hummingbird perch on the feeder and enjoy a long lunch. Must have been there almost five full minutes! Nearly got dive-bombed by a titmouse too! :LOL: As I was leaning over, snapping the lid on the tub we keep seed in, he swooped towards the feeder. I didn't hear him coming, was straightening up, and he veered just in time to avoid running smack into me! :LOL:

Last edited:
I barely make sense until hours after I've been awake. I half-kidding tell people I'm not functional until after noon whether I get up at 9:00 or 11:45. :LOL: Not that I make a habit of the 11:45 time... Happy for you that you and your sister had a nice visit. Now will you reciprocate by visiting her in CA?

She owes me a few more visits. I've been to visit her a number of times since her last visit, for my wedding in 1997. :ermm: :LOL:
I've wasted more time today, busy watching my little patch of Eden. Filled most of the bird feeders and have been visited by a lot of critters and birds. The best part was watching a beautiful, iridescent green hummingbird perch on the feeder and enjoy a long lunch. Must have been there almost five full minutes! Nearly got dive-bombed by a titmouse too! :LOL: As I was leaning over, snapping the lid on the tub we keep seed in, he swooped towards the feeder. I didn't hear him coming, was straightening up, and he veered just in time to avoid running smack into me! :LOL:
Sounds lovely. Glad the titmouse veered in time. Did you give it some seeds?

Picked some wild black raspberries from the field up by the road. I got about a pint. I would have picked more, but the mosquitoes were horrid, not something you want to battle while picking raspberries.

Picked some wild black raspberries from the field up by the road. I got about a pint. I would have picked more, but the mosquitoes were horrid, not something you want to battle while picking raspberries.

Wild raspberries/blackberries grow wild all over Western Washington state. Even on the edge of the property where I lived. But you had to wear gloves several layers thick to pick any of them. But they were so good. (Except for the huge thorns.) :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom