What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, I think any reasonable person would take the words in your post at face value, winking eye or not. Was the story about your son 'tongue in cheek' as well? Just curious. ;)

Up early and ready to walk out the door for the local farm stand. Stone fruits are in today, yay! Can't wait to get my hands on some of those sweet nectarines, plums, pluots, and apricots.

There's also watermelon, cantaloupe, and strawberries along with whatever veggies they have. I love Saturday mornings! :LOL::yum:

Last edited:
Addie, I think any reasonable person would take the words in your post at face value, winking eye or not. Was the story about your son 'tongue in cheek' as well? Just curious. ;)

Yes. Pirate has his father's English dry humor. And I understand it. :angel:

Up early and ready to walk out the door for the local farm stand. Stone fruits are in today, yay! Can't wait to get my hands on some of those sweet nectarines, plums, pluots, and apricots.

There's also watermelon, cantaloupe, and strawberries along with whatever veggies they have. I love Saturday mornings! :LOL::yum:

Oh how I envy you! :angel:

We have to go to a memorial service for a very sweet lady - the mother of some dear friends. I am still suffering from a kidney infection and fibromyalgia flare so I probably won't be staying long, but we need to make an appearance.

Other than that I will be researching recipes and setting up a food plan for the week. I have a lot of fresh produce that I don't want to go to waste and if I have the plan in place, if I am not well enough to prepare it, TB can usually step in! I sure to love that guy! :wub:

I got there about 30 minutes after they opened and they were out of watermelons already. Got some peaches instead. Only $2/lb. for that beautiful, organic, fresh picked stone fruit. :yum:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 121
Yum, Cheryl. I just picked some dill and mint from the garden. I'm going to make tzatziki with a garden cucumber and some pita chips. I'm also going to use it with dinner tonight.

Thanks, GG. The cantaloupe smelled so good on the way home. :yum:

I'm going to have to make tzatziki - that sounds so good to me on these hot summer evenings.

We're heading to a matinee, Jurassic World in 3D. We haven't been to a matinee in years, and since it's rainy and icky out, why not?

I got there about 30 minutes after they opened and they were out of watermelons already. Got some peaches instead. Only $2/lb. for that beautiful, organic, fresh picked stone fruit. :yum:

I still have memories of biting into a fresh picked peach still warm from the sun and have the juices run down my arms. Then go get another one. No pesticides either. :angel:

I just finished talking to my daughter. She retired Friday from the Registry of Motor Vehicles after 33 years of working for the State. Seventy-six people retired from the Registry. The Registrar gave them a big party for all the retirees. She called off their names one by one with the years of service they all had and then called out the name of the workers who had died and couldn't be there for the party. My daughter also had a private party at a restaurant and she got a lot of gifts along with $100. But she still isn't done. There are more private parties she has to attend for herself and other retirees. She is more exhausted from all the partying than she would be from work. She did say that she was shocked when she woke up it was 8:30 a.m. She hadn't slept that late in years.

The Registry is not going to replace any people for the positions that are empty now. The work will be dispersed to the workers left. A "No Hire" policy is in place. So glad I don't work there. :angel:

We really enjoyed it. I think if I saw it in 3-D, though, the dinosaurs might have chased me out of the theater! :ROFLMAO:

We really enjoyed it too. The 3D was cool. I found myself swatting branches out of the way and pushing away dino noses :LOL:

I still have memories of biting into a fresh picked peach still warm from the sun and have the juices run down my arms. Then go get another one. No pesticides either. :angel:

My mom's living in SC. She called me a couple weeks ago to tell me that she found a roadside stand with delicious peaches picked that day for $1 per pound. Something tells me that she'll be eating a lot of peaches this summer!

My mom's living in SC. She called me a couple weeks ago to tell me that she found a roadside stand with delicious peaches picked that day for $1 per pound. Something tells me that she'll be eating a lot of peaches this summer!

Peach shortcake with those fluffy Bakewell Cream biscuits and a big dollop of whipped cream! :yum:

shopping

2Q==

We decided that the pickles were ready to move from the crock in the basement, tuck into an old jar, and put into the refrigerator. Won't be sharing this recipe yet - the "pucker power" needs to be adjusted with a teeny bit more salt and a little less vinegar. It also needs REAL dill, but this time of year I'm pretty much restricted to the seeds from a jar.

Attachments

• 2015-06-30 19.00.08.jpg
    2015-06-30 19.00.08.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 141
Being completely lazy, enjoying the dark, cloudy day. I was awakened at 4AM by a huge desert thunderstorm. Lightning lit up my bedroom like it was daylight, it was spectacular! :) I went ahead and got up so I could watch it and enjoy the storm and rainfall. Going to put a load of laundry in the washer, empty the dishwasher, and take a little nap. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom