What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
... I may do some late grocery shopping, but it's still 28° (82°F) and feels like 36°C (97°F) here at nearly 21h00 (9PM).
I did go shopping at 21h15 (9:15 PM). It was still too warm out, but I had to go before the store closed. It took an hour and I am now recuperated from the shopping. A cold beer helped.

Oh dear, CWS, best wishes for your dad.

It finally got cool enough to go to the pool. I floated around on the floaty thing reading my waterproof cased Kindle, and it was blissful!

Just made a potato salad and some deviled eggs. Tomorrow morning I'll go to the deli for some meats, cheese, and French rolls. My brother called and wants to get together tomorrow - normally I wouldn't go to that trouble for a last minute request, but for my bro it's different. :) :wub: He only lives a couple of blocks away but now that he's retired, he works 24/7 doing his love - restoring old classic cars. I saw him more when he was working at his job full time. :LOL:

Last edited:
Way to hot to eat. Obviously my Nordic genes are not happy. Third day running where heat advisories issued.

Besides trying to stay cool, I am waiting to hear my dad's bone scan results. He was diagnosed with cancer last week.

Oh CW, I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers are on the way.

Last edited:
Thx everyone. Still no news. Still hot and humid but not as bad as it has been. Humidex was only 35 today. Yes, I got distracted thinking about the guys' gourmet menu...glad for the distraction.

So many corn cobs, so little corn. Himself grilled eight ear, I packed up seven and tossed the kernels from the eighth one into our salads tonight. We got 2# of kernels from $2 of corn. Since fire-roasted corn goes for $2+ per pound in the stores, I would say it was worth the bit of work to do it ourselves.

Attachments

• 2015-08-01 01.54.08.jpg
    2015-08-01 01.54.08.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 147
I was sitting here going through the kitchen stuff in the Zulily site. There is this little "counter wiper" for $5.00. Huh? It is a metal blade only as wide as your four fingers. I have one of them. It is called a bench scraper. And it is wider and does a better job. I just never though of it as an instrument to scrape the whole counter for other then when pie making. Now I know. There is more than one use for my bench scraper. :angel:

I was sitting here going through the kitchen stuff in the Zulily site. There is this little "counter wiper" for $5.00. Huh? It is a metal blade only as wide as your four fingers. I have one of them. It is called a bench scraper. And it is wider and does a better job. I just never though of it as an instrument to scrape the whole counter for other then when pie making. Now I know. There is more than one use for my bench scraper. :angel:
I have one too. I never remember to use it. Apparently they have many uses: How to Use a Bench Scraper in the Kitchen | Epicurious.com. I think I will try to remember to use it.
http://www.epicurious.com/expert-advice/bench-scraper-tips-tricks-article

I have one too. I never remember to use it. Apparently they have many uses: How to Use a Bench Scraper in the Kitchen | Epicurious.com. I think I will try to remember to use it.
http://www.epicurious.com/expert-advice/bench-scraper-tips-tricks-article

I can't stand to feel grains of sugar, salt or other things on my counter tops. I am constantly running my hands across the counter and just have to grab the sponge. The bench scraper does a much better job and quicker. My new best friend. I do use it for other things like picking up chopped veggies like onions. I just never thought to use it to keep my counters smooth. :angel:

I can't stand to feel grains of sugar, salt or other things on my counter tops. I am constantly running my hands across the counter and just have to grab the sponge. The bench scraper does a much better job and quicker. My new best friend. I do use it for other things like picking up chopped veggies like onions. I just never thought to use it to keep my counters smooth. :angel:
For crumbs, coffee grounds, sugar, salt, etc. I use a tiny whisk broom.

41wqNGxxxnL._SY300_.jpg

Getting used to Windows 10!

Just enough change to make me grumpy or should I say grumpier! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Spike showed what it involved if I wanted to have it on my computer. For what I use my computer for, "No Thanks." I have no need to add more complication to my life. I am happy with what I have. :angel:

Getting used to Windows 10!

Just enough change to make me grumpy or should I say grumpier! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Drat. I haven't used my desktop for months, guess I should log in and see what I need to do.

I'm really bad at updating, and am usually on my iPad.

I just took a small taste of the white clam sauce Pirate made. For the past two days we have been cleaning, scrubbing and constantly talking about what can we make that we haven't had yet. The clams go on the list for shopping tomorrow. This is going to become a regular dish. I am sitting here working on the grocery list for shopping for tomorrow. My least favorite job to do. But the food refuses to just show up on my doorstep. :angel:

From what Spike showed me, it is like a tablet. A touch screen with a lot of windows open at the same time. :angel:

Windows 10 won't make an old computer a touch screen. The graphics look more like a touch screen, but unless you have a touch screen monitor, it won't work that way.

I'm not using it yet, but we were looking at a new laptop for me yesterday (my five-year-old HP died) and several of the new models are called 2 in 1 - the monitor flips around so it lies flat with the screen facing out and it works like a tablet.

DH has had Windows 10 on his work laptop for quite a while. He was irritated with it at first but says you get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom