What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 1/2 year old grandson Aiden caught his first fish - off the dock with his Spiderman fishing pole and a rubber worm. :LOL: :wub:

Atta Boy Aiden.Good job!!!:)

The "Chief" around here would be proud of you.Lol maybe you could teach him how to tie a rubber worm around your fishing pole instead of flies to catch a fish...Just sayin'

<<<<---- Steps away from the keyboard slowly....:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I just finished watching the Antiques Roadshow. English version. The first time I ever saw this show, I thought folks were nuts to stand in the heat and sun just to show someone a family treasure. Just goes to show how much I knew. I had no idea of the value of antiques. Now between the original English version and then the WGBH version, I have learned a lot. Of the two, I prefer the English version though. They have such a varied history. :angel:

Good Job Aiden!!!

Glad you had a good time Cheryl.

As for the house, I get so busy unpacking and moving stuff from place to place until it fits right, that I forget things like doing laundry, water the yard, eat...

Congrats on another wonderful weekend with your tribe, Cheryl! Aiden and his fish are so preciousl :heart: Being in the middle of 600 acres of quiet sounds like heaven. I'll have to mentally channel your setting the next time the neighbors' dogs start to bark.

Awww, sweet Aiden! And, um, nice fish!

My nephew is the same age, and also caught his first fish.

Last edited:
Tonight I'm looking at my house. It's perfectly clean, as usual, but I was griping about having to mop floors, clean toilets and all and then I remembered...

There are people living on the streets and in their cars who would give anything to have a house to clean.

I gripe about cleaning the litterboxes and then...

Some people would love to have just one cat, but they can't afford one.

So from now on, when I'm cleaning my house, I'll give thanks! No more fussing about cats and the dog.

So that's what I'm doing. I'm being thankful for everything I have!

Thanks Dawg and CG...!

I feel the need to clarify the fish pic....no one expected Aiden would actually hook one, with all the noise the boys were making on the dock and all. :LOL: It was just a lip hook, and my son-in-law released the little 6" bluegill back into the lake and he swam away. :)

If we were seriously fishing for dinner and caught more, it would have been different. :) But now Aiden will have a fun pic of catching his first fish at 2 years old. LOL :LOL:

Thanks Dawg and CG...!

I feel the need to clarify the fish pic....no one expected Aiden would actually hook one, with all the noise the boys were making on the dock and all. :LOL: It was just a lip hook, and my son-in-law released the little 6" bluegill back into the lake and he swam away. :)

If we were seriously fishing for dinner and caught more, it would have been different. :) But now Aiden will have a fun pic of catching his first fish at 2 years old. LOL :LOL:

LOL! Just don't put him on a boat in the middle of the Atlantic. You may have to buy a couple of freezers for that catch!:LOL:

Tonight I'm looking at my house. It's perfectly clean, as usual, but I was griping about having to mop floors, clean toilets and all and then I remembered...

There are people living on the streets and in their cars who would give anything to have a house to clean.

I gripe about cleaning the litterboxes and then...

Some people would love to have just one cat, but they can't afford one.

So from now on, when I'm cleaning my house, I'll give thanks! No more fussing about cats and the dog.

So that's what I'm doing. I'm being thankful for everything I have!
That's a good, beneficial attitude.

I had 3 close encounters with death in my 20s (various accidents) and they have left me with a deep appreciation of still being alive. That has never left me - some 4 decades on.

We're participating in the annual neighborhood yard sale this weekend. DH is dragging out so much junk I forgot we had. Says he's giving it away, cheap! I hope we get rid of all of it. Don't want to be hauling it back in the house at the end of the day. One year a guy came over at the end of the day and made a deal for everything we had left. That would be great again.

Last night (or morning) at 2:20 I sat up in bed. My left sinus was hurting. All of a sudden my left nostril let loose with a torrent of blood. It took me a while to get it stopped. Back to sleep. Today, repeat! Only worse than last night.

So tomorrow I have an appointment to have an echo exam done on both Cartorid arteries. One side is 65% blocked and the other about 45%. They have been that way for more than 16 years. It has been more than three years since the last one was done. I will mention the nose problem to my doctor after the exam. Each side takes one hour. I always come home totally exhausted from this appointment. :angel:

Thanks Honey! NOT! :)

Just tried to change my banking password over the phone with no success.After my card was locked last night.

After changing all those silly security questions it showed that everything but 1 question had cleared.So I redid it again.Sill no go.Though on the banks side my card had been unlocked.So now I have to actually go to the bank and have them unlock my accounts.I had asked that they do that because it didn't show that everything was ok on my comp to lock it all back up.

It wouldn't have happened if my husband hadn't asked me about my bank book balance.He got online to check the balance put in the wrong info.:glare:
Quicken is up to date everything's fine.I won't be carted off to have a date with a Judge. What a hassle.No wonder I hate shopping.

I went outside and sat on the front step, listening to the cicadas, and watching the fireflies and looking at the stars.

Then I heard "clunk clunk". DH locked me out of the house! He CLAIMS he didn't know I was out there. After I bashed on the door, he got a small piece of my mind!

Last edited:
I went outside and sat on the front step, listening to the cicadas, and watching the fireflies and looking at the stars.

Then I heard "clunk clunk". DH locked me out of the house! He CLAIMS he didn't know I was out there. After I bashed on the door, he got a small piece of my mind!

Uh oh! Someone is in trouble. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom