What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What am I doing?

Well, I am a crispaholic (Americans call them potato chips), i.e. pretty much addicted! AND...I have 2 packets of beetroot crisps purchased for tomorrow's dinner invitation (by way of nibbles). So I am trying to stave off eating them ... quite a battle (they are not easily replaced i.e. not purchased locally).
help.gif

I had plans all set for today Take my library book, Boston Lost a bunch of teabags with my sugar and sit out on the patio reading. Forget that idea. It is cold and overcast out. No warmth and sunshine until tomorrow morning. Maybe then. I have three weeks to read it. It has the pictures of all the beautiful historic buildings that have been torn down and the story behind them. Including John Hancock's house.

So instead I will be watching TV and doing putzy things. :angel:

Folding laundry, sheets specifically . I love folding fitted sheets. Guess it comes from years of styling merchandise for advertising. I know, it's strange but I truly enjoy it.

I'm escaping from the neighbors' noisy meltdown. This family has five kids. Apparently the parents are breaking up and the mother has left. Since she was the primary breadwinner, the dad can't keep renting the house. So he's got his pickup parked in the front yard and is emptying the house while really loud music plays from the truck's speakers.

I've been wanting to go shopping for new clothes, so this is my opportunity. Here's hoping for better new neighbors.

Just got back from late lunch/early supper with DH, Mummy-in-law, and B-I-L. We were going to go out in the early evening, but it's really rainy here, so they wanted to drive back to Cornwall (~100 km) before dark. We went to a local, 24 hour resto. I really enjoyed the smoked salmon/bagel platter.

Watching a few raindrops fall.Didn't know it was going to rain.
Waiting for the repairman.

Last edited:
Looking for inspiration and energy to get up and get moving. Finally gave in and took some pain meds. Maybe that will help. :angel:

I sat down with the undertaker and planned my funeral today!

It's done and dusted, I can leave at a moments notice! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

A couple of years ago the whole fam damly gathered on a hot summer's day at my daughter's for a pool party and plan my death. It was one of the best funnest days I have ever had. So many laughs. It was finally determined that I would die on a Wednesday night, always keep a supply of large green trash bags and they could toss me into the dumpster at the end on the driveway. Trash pickup is early Thursday morning. The kids had a great time also in the pool all day.

But like you, every thing is now in order including my will signed and sealed by a notary public. :angel:

It's no laughing matter but plan to do the same, especially for the disposition of the house and family antiques and paintings. The less the lawyers are involved the better. :neutral:

Don't you dare! You can only leave if you ask permission first...;)

Now where did Shrek put the urns? We are all planned, too...but not going anywhere for a while.

Last edited:
May I ask why milkweed, TinLizzie?

Is it a component of a butterfly/bee garden?

They're essential for Monarch survival, they'll only lay eggs on milkweed. Most farms have wiped out milkweed, and the Monarch population is at an all time low. Any little bit helps!

Hope you're not thinking of leaving us anytime soon, AB!

DH and I both need to update ours too. We'll probably go the burn and sprinkle route.

Big patch of milkweed coming up...to go with my bee balm...do Monarchs make it to Wyoming?

Apparently so: http://www.thebutterflysite.com/wyoming-butterflies.shtml

I also plant parsley for the Tiger Swallowtails and me. I carefully try to move the caterpillars to "their" parsley, and explain it to them. They then move back to "my" parsley. Apparently Swallowtails don't speak English.

I have not seen as many Monarchs in many years as I have seen this year. A great sight to behold!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom