What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently so: List of Butterflies of Wyoming

I also plant parsley for the Tiger Swallowtails and me. I carefully try to move the caterpillars to "their" parsley, and explain it to them. They then move back to "my" parsley. Apparently Swallowtails don't speak English.

I have not seen as many Monarchs in many years as I have seen this year. A great sight to behold!

Isn't it wonderful??! I've seen a dozen or so just in the past few days. :)

It's no laughing matter but plan to do the same, especially for the disposition of the house and family antiques and paintings. The less the lawyers are involved the better. :neutral:

You would be surprised by how many families do not plan for the inevitable. The children do not want to talk about it. But with two kids in the family that have survived cancer, mine realize just how important planning is.

When my SIL was told by the doctors for him to go home, get his affairs in order and come back in two days, he got the message real quick. They gave him four weeks at best to live. They attacked his Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma with every thing they had in their armor. He survived it, but it left him in very rough shape. Disabled. Then my daughter came down with brain cancer, and she too is a survivor so far. So you can bet they have kept their affairs in order. But it doesn't have to be a doom and gloom matter either.

Remember "Death is a part of life. The last part." :angel:

Last edited:
Isn't it wonderful??! I've seen a dozen or so just in the past few days. :)

I know! I try to keep up on them, and there just haven't been any here for years. Now they fly around the yard and road!

I've had a couple teeny caterpillars on my milkweeds, and the winds took them, but I'll keep trying.

I don't know much about monarchs at all, I need to read up on them. I'm assuming these beautiful guys are stopping here on their way down south to warmer climates. I sure do enjoy seeing them. :)

Apparently they winter in Mexico. For years, we didn't have any here after havng many. Hoping they're back for good now!

Drat, PF, I could send you millkweed seeds.

Did you dig out your patch? Milkweed are considered a horrid weed in farm fields. That's one of the reasons the butterflies aren't around much anymore, the farmers use Roundup and kill anything other than what they're growing.

Last edited:
It is...it's catastrophic. I just put up a new thread with a link to current fire info so as not to be a downer on any of our fun threads here. :)

Drat, PF, I could send you millkweed seeds.

Did you dig out your patch? Milkweed are considered a horrid weed in farm fields. That's one of the reasons the butterflies aren't around much anymore, the farmers use Roundup and kill anything other than what they're growing.

Not sure what kind of weeds aside from dandelions I had. Dad pointed out ragweed, mowed it and my sinuses went haywire, I wasn't sick, I had a severe case of hay fever.

I need shade loving plants that attract butterflies, I can get some sun loving along the south wall. I'll get you my PO box so you can send me some seeds.

I have to wait until my Dad dies, then I can start smoking again.:rolleyes:

Every person in this building that has quit smoking says that everyday they still want a cigarette. If that is true, then why would I want to quit at my age and spend what time I have being miserable? To live longer? I am 76. How long do you want folks to live to? 176? I don't want to live until I become infirmed and feeble. Right now I can still take care of myself, cook my own meals, clean my house and go where I want to. And I can still smoke. My life, my choice. Even my doctors no longer tell me to stop smoking. :angel:

Worked outside for a couple of hours, getting rid of tomato plants that are done for the year. Cleaned the pots and re-purposed the soil around the shrubs. I use lots of organic matter so the soil is still good. It looks beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom