What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I flew an Angel Flight mission to take a cancer patient from the San Diego area up to Santa Monica to go to UCLA Medical Center.
Complicating the mission were low clouds and crosswinds at both airports.
In fact, at LAX they had planes landing to the East as opposed to the normal approach where they land to the West.
The best part is we got home and they can use the plane again
That comes from an old joke-
A good landing is one you can walk away from
A great landing is one where they can use the plane again:)

Last edited:
Sous, glad to hear you got everyone safely where they were suppose to be, and got home safe yourself. Thank you again for what you do. :flowers:

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned I got a jury summons, well, I was instructed to call this evening and my number came up to appear tomorrow morning for jury questioning and selection. I was hoping I'd be called to appear, as my number has never come up before.

I think it would be interesting to serve on a jury panel since I never have before, but I think I'll be disqualified during questioning. Small town, my son-in-law is a cop here, and I'm friends with the judge's wife. :ermm::LOL:

Going to set my alarm and go to bed early tonight, I have to be there at 8AM and I'm usually just having my first cup of coffee by then.

You're going to enjoy the process Cheryl. I've served so many times through the years, I'm now retired. I always felt privileged to serve the best I could, and I know you will too. It's really interesting!
Take a book with you.

Agree, you'll enjoy it, Cheryl. I've been summoned several times, but have never served. I was disappointed the last time, the defendant never showed up, so we were all sent home. That guy was in big trouble. I read about the charges in the paper, sounded like an interesting case. And I agree with Kayelle, bring a book or a reading device.

Last edited:
Thanks, Kay and Dawg. :) I hope I'm accepted to serve on the jury, we'll see. The last 2 times I was summoned, I was caring for my mom full time so I got an exemption. I'll definitely bring a book, thanks for the tip.

Dawg, that would be disappointing to go through the process only to be sent home. I'm really curious what kind of trial this is. I'll post back tomorrow when all is said and done and let ya know. :)

Last edited:
DH and I cleaned our washing machine today. We have had it for years and we are finally getting around to it. The worst part was the liquid fabric softener dispenser. Then we cleaned the agitator assembly (that wasn't so bad). Then DH cleaned the interior and exterior. Holy moly, it looks brand new. I told DH that now it will probably break down.:LOL:

DH and I cleaned our washing machine today. We have had it for years and we are finally getting around to it. The worst part was the liquid fabric softener dispenser. Then we cleaned the agitator assembly (that wasn't so bad). Then DH cleaned the interior and exterior. Holy moly, it looks brand new. I told DH that now it will probably break down.:LOL:

Your post reminds me of my mother!

Mom used to wax the refrigerator with Jubilee Kitchen Wax, so far I've been able to resist the urge! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

As with the washing machine, I consider the DW clean after use. It's been washed, dried and sanitized with every use.

As with the washing machine, I consider the DW clean after use. It's been washed, dried and sanitized with every use.

Soap of any kind leaves scum behind just like in the tub or shower. Sometimes elbow grease is needed to remove it.

The still sell Jubilee Wax. It was taken off the market because it wasn't a big seller. But due to demand, it is back. Vermont Country Store carries it. I have a bottle and use it on my washer also. I have had my machine for more than ten years, and it still looks like new. If I am going to pay a lot of money for an appliance, then I am going to take care of it the best I can. :angel:

Soap of any kind leaves scum behind just like in the tub or shower. Sometimes elbow grease is needed to remove it.

The still sell Jubilee Wax. It was taken off the market because it wasn't a big seller. But due to demand, it is back. Vermont Country Store carries it. I have a bottle and use it on my washer also. I have had my machine for more than ten years, and it still looks like new. If I am going to pay a lot of money for an appliance, then I am going to take care of it the best I can. :angel:

Thank you! I totally agree if I paid money for something, I'm keeping it nice and clean all the time. And, I love the Vermont country store! Lots of oldies but goodies!

My things are perfectly nice. They're just not always dust-free. Life's too short.

My son is a clean and neat freak.

"Ma, do you know you have some dirty dishes in the sink?" (A cup and spoon.)

"Yeah, I know."

"Well aren't you going to clean them?" "

Why, do they have legs to get up and leave for a cleaner house?"

They will still be there when I get up and feel like taking care of them. Some days are cleaning days, and some are not! Just read my signature line. It says it all. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom