What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy crap, Cheryl, that is a huge job! Is there somewhere you could take them where they could do it for you?

Dawg, they're too precious to me to hand them over to a stranger, to be honest. :ermm: Many of those slides are almost 70 years old now and they've been so well cared for. My mom when she was a young girl, vacation pics of family - long gone now - by lakes and rivers in California that were flowing with water back then and almost dried up now...my grandma and grandpa proudly standing in front of their brand new shiny 1947 Buick bought off the assembly line in Detroit. :) They're amazing!

I'll just buy a scanner - my oldest daughter down in Valencia wants me to come spend a couple days with her, stay up late, and git 'er done. :LOL:

Last edited:
Dawg, they're too precious to me to hand them over to a stranger, to be honest. :ermm: Many of those slides are almost 70 years old now and they've been so well cared for. My mom when she was a young girl, vacation pics of family - long gone now - by lakes and rivers in California that were flowing with water back then and almost dried up now...my grandma and grandpa proudly standing in front of their brand new shiny 1947 Buick bought off the assembly line in Detroit. :) They're amazing!

I'll just buy a scanner - my oldest daughter down in Valencia wants me to come spend a couple days with her, stay up late, and git 'er done. :LOL:

That's so cool! I understand why you don't want to let them go to anyone else. Precious memories!

Got run into by a lady on a mart cart at Walmart on purpose. I'm trying to tell myself it doesn't hurt and another round of ice might make it okay...but I doubt it.

That a good reason not to shop Walmart. Most of the people I see in those motorized shopping carts should be walking and losing a few pounds.

That a good reason not to shop Walmart. Most of the people I see in those motorized shopping carts should be walking and losing a few pounds.

You probably have never had a disability before. You should probably drive an aisle in their shoes before saying something like that.

+1. Not all disabilities are visible.

I use one of those carts in the grocery store. I can walk from the car which my son drops me right off at the door, and then parks the car. I walk into the store and the carts are right in the middle. A long walk for me. I usually will start to get chest pains. I have to stop and if it is severe enough, I will take a hit of my nitro.

So are you saying I should risk a heart attack and not use a cart? All for the sake of losing a few pounds? :angel:

I use one of those carts in the grocery store. I can walk from the car which my son drops me right off at the door, and then parks the car. I walk into the store and the carts are right in the middle. A long walk for me. I usually will start to get chest pains. I have to stop and if it is severe enough, I will take a hit of my nitro.

So are you saying I should risk a heart attack and not use a cart? All for the sake of losing a few pounds? :angel:

I know you're not asking me that, although it looks like it :)

I know you're not asking me that, although it looks like it :)

Sorry about that. My apology. Actually it was more or less directed at Lance or no one in particular. It was a long time before I would admit that it was time for me to use one of those carts. I would struggle the whole time I was shopping. Walk a few steps, wait and stand still. Walk a few more steps, wait and stand still. It took me forever to shop for groceries. Then when I went into the new store, I was overwhelmed with the size. I knew it was time to stop being so stubborn and use an electric cart. :wacko: Dang, I have to learn to not be so stubborn when it involves pride. :angel:

I know what you mean, Addie. I'm 52 years old, 5'5" and 130 pounds. I look pretty good for my age (she says modestly :ermm: :LOL:) but because of a variety of medical issues, I have painful neuropathy in my feet and general weakness and fatigue. It took me a long time also to let go of my pride and use the electric scooters, but if I don't, I'll pay for it later.

For Lance and others who might feel like he does - or anyone who would like to understand what it's like living with chronic illness - take a look at this: http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned I got a jury summons, well, I was instructed to call this evening and my number came up to appear tomorrow morning for jury questioning and selection. I was hoping I'd be called to appear, as my number has never come up before.

I think it would be interesting to serve on a jury panel since I never have before, but I think I'll be disqualified during questioning. Small town, my son-in-law is a cop here, and I'm friends with the judge's wife. :ermm::LOL:

Going to set my alarm and go to bed early tonight, I have to be there at 8AM and I'm usually just having my first cup of coffee by then.

Well, I wasn't selected to serve on the jury panel. Out of 60 in the jury pool, they randomly called 22 for questioning, I was #22. :LOL: For some reason, I wasn't expecting the defendant to be present, but she was. She was on trial for battery, resisting arrest, and obstructing an emergency medical team. :ohmy:

I use one of those carts in the grocery store. I can walk from the car which my son drops me right off at the door, and then parks the car. I walk into the store and the carts are right in the middle. A long walk for me. I usually will start to get chest pains. I have to stop and if it is severe enough, I will take a hit of my nitro.......:angel:

I've never seen that. In all the grocery stores I've been in, the motorized carts are on each end of the store, right as you walk in. Along with the shopping carts, and the childrens' car-type carts. Doesn't make much sense for them to be in the middle of the store and make the disabled walk that far in order to get one. :huh:
Does your son go get the cart for you?

Last edited:
Well, I wasn't selected to serve on the jury panel. Out of 60 in the jury pool, they randomly called 22 for questioning, I was #22. :LOL: For some reason, I wasn't expecting the defendant to be present, but she was. She was on trial for battery, resisting arrest, and obstructing an emergency medical team. :ohmy:

You got lucky!
I was excused this time around.Good thing I checked online the night before to see if I had to show up.I think they remembered me from last time.Was it something I said?:wub::LOL::ROFLMAO:

The last time I had Judgement Day Duty:rolleyes: I had to wait with a pack of at least 100 people.It was crazy.I sat for 3 weeks just to be called.Those benches are hard as rocks.Wish the Bailiff could have tasered them all!:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

You got lucky!
I was excused this time around.Good thing I checked online the night before to see if I had to show up.I think they remembered me from last time.Was it something I said?:wub::LOL::ROFLMAO:

The last time I had Judgement Day Duty:rolleyes: I had to wait with a pack of at least 100 people.It was crazy.I sat for 3 weeks just to be called.Those benches are hard as rocks.Wish the Bailiff could have tasered them all!:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

:LOL:
I kind of wanted to serve on the jury panel this time, because I never had before. I'm in a lot smaller town than where you are, so it was a quicker process. The jury was selected Tuesday morning, the trial began that afternoon, and they were expecting it to be a 2 day trial so it should be over today. I wouldn't want it to drag on for weeks on end, and just sit there, either! :sleep: Yikes.

When the judge asked the jury pool if anyone knew each other, about a third of the hands went up. LOL

:LOL:
When the judge asked the jury pool if anyone knew each other, about a third of the hands went up. LOL

I should have raised my hand that first day when the Judge asked us the same question.

"Well, yeah.I know EVERYBODY! I'm physic" but noooo.I played nice.:ohmy:

That would have sent me quickly to the (Psyche ward) STAT!:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I've never seen that. In all the grocery stores I've been in, the motorized carts are on each end of the store, right as you walk in. Along with the shopping carts, and the childrens' car-type carts. Doesn't make much sense for them to be in the middle of the store and make the disabled walk that far in order to get one. :huh:
Does your son go get the cart for you?

Same here. All the stores I've been in that have them put the scooters right in the front near the doors.

Back
Top Bottom