What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are days when I wish I could shut my phone off. But Spike has had eight heart attacks and I just can't. I never know when or if I will get that call.

Right now I am getting ready to start my least favorite chore. Get my list ready for grocery shopping. Have to go on line to look at the flyers. :angel:

The moon was gorgeous. I even got out the binoculars.

I had to keep zipping out during commercials, it was the final episode of CSI.

Last edited:
Taxy, did you get a good view of it? Of all nights to be cloudy....we can barely see it here. Looks very orange though, from what I can see. ...
We had a perfect view of it for the start and for totality. It had an orange ring until totality and then the whole thing turned orange. Then it clouded over. I can see the moon again, but totality is over. Not complaining, 'cause I got to see the important bits.

There was a nice break in the clouds and I was able to see it when I walked out to the mailbox. Absolutely beautiful! :ohmy::wub:
Thank you for the link, Taxy. I saved it and will look at it tomorrow. Tired tonight.

Last edited:
We also enjoyed the moon tonight. It was so peaceful sitting on our dark front porch with a couple glasses of wine, and the beautiful view of the moon coming over our mountain. Our sweet neighbor joined us, as we had the best view from our front porch. Simple pleasures...

I am old enough to have seen several sun and moon eclipses. I was going to go out to see it, but I am forever cold, and decided inside was better and seeing a repeat. :angel:

I'm plenty old enough to have seen several sun and moon eclipses too, but they never fail to amaze me. At my age, it may be the last I ever see, and I sure wouldn't want to miss the last one of my life.

Kay, that sounds so nice. I'm glad you two were able to sit on your porch and view the eclipse with your neighbor. :) I ended up with a pretty good view through a break in the clouds, but I wish I could have turned the streetlights off. :LOL:

Addie, many of us here are also 'old' enough to have seen many eclipses in our day. ;) That doesn't stop us from wanting to see them whenever we can. You can probably find videos online if you want to view it, Taxy posted one. :)

I wish I could have seen it. Clouds and trees blocking my view.

The video plays Taxy. It's almost 5 hours long to see the whole event.

Maybe we should get grabbers for the grocery store.

That's a great idea, Taxy!

When I do my major shopping, what has always messed me up is when I knock something to the floor and have to pick it up. My back goes into "scream" mode and the rest of that day's major shopping is very painful.

I decided last month that my back was more important than whatever is on the floor so I just left it there. It wasn't easy to ignore it, but I felt I had to for the sake of my back.

With a grabber, not only could I have picked up the item on the floor, but it would be helpful for when the items I want are on the bottom shelf.

Lots of the lower priced items I prefer are down there and it hurts bending over that far.

Thanks, Taxy!

Had to buy a new vacuum cleaner.The parts I would have had to buy for the old one was close enough in price that it would just be easier just to replace it.

I got one use out of it.Worked great.Really impressed with how easy it's been to clean.Replacement parts are much cheaper to.Got a good deal on it.

I let my son use it for his room.Mind you it's only been used once.
I swear it took him exactly 10 minutes to break it.Saw that coming.They never get along.:LOL:

So I'll see what exactly the problem is with it.Try and fix it.
If not he's getting the bill attached to his rent.:huh:

It is under warranty by the manufacturer.In my house I have a Mom warranty.Don't inconvenience me.:ohmy:

Had to buy a new vacuum cleaner.The parts I would have had to buy for the old one was close enough in price that it would just be easier just to replace it.

I got one use out of it.Worked great.Really impressed with how easy it's been to clean.Replacement parts are much cheaper to.Got a good deal on it.

I let my son use it for his room.Mind you it's only been used once.
I swear it took him exactly 10 minutes to break it.Saw that coming.They never get along.:LOL:

So I'll see what exactly the problem is with it.Try and fix it.
If not he's getting the bill attached to his rent.:huh:

It is under warranty by the manufacturer.In my house I have a Mom warranty.Don't inconvenience me.:ohmy:

Take it right back to the store and demand a replacement.

I bought it off Amazon

Amazon.com - Eureka Airspeed Unlimited Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum, Copper -

It worked fine for him until he used the small attachment to get under his bed.Hubby came in and noticed that the beater bar was no longer turning.

They turned it off, then back on.Still doesn't turn. I'll check the belt see if it needs replacing.If that doesn't do it.It goes back.

Some vacuums turn off the beater when attachments are in use. Also, make sure the connection is solid.

Just got back from the grocery store were I bought a package of Nestle Toll House Pumpkin Spice chips. They are a limited edition. On the back of the package there are recipes for Pumpkin Spice Molasses Cookies and Pumpkin Spice Blondie Cookie Bar. Can't wait to try them. :chef:

Just got back from the grocery store were I bought a package of Nestle Toll House Pumpkin Spice chips. They are a limited edition. On the back of the package there are recipes for Pumpkin Spice Molasses Cookies and Pumpkin Spice Blondie Cookie Bar. Can't wait to try them. :chef:

I will be shopping in a couple of days. Will definitely look for them. The molasses cookies sound like heaven. Does the recipe call for any ingredients that one would not have normally in the pantry? I have molasses, but not pumpkin spice. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom