What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dishes are another story. For everyday I have 2 different sets of Corelle, both with missing pieces. For holidays I have a cheap set of china in my china closet, service for 12. The "service for 12" was what made me buy it so I would have enough matching when company comes.

Addie, using a smaller plate doesn't work for me. I just fill it up twice! LOL I can beat any diet tip you can give me.

Oh my goodness!

In Romania, dogs are allowed of funerals. I was very young when Papa's Mamma went away. She had a cat and Papa brought the cat to the memory of her in the church. The cat settled upon her casket and sat from the beginning to of the very end. The cat was of the name Garlo and he became my pet cat for many years! Papa gave him to me!
We had to make him go asleep. He was 19 years old and he had of the cancer. I cried so very much!
When I die, I wish for many pets to tell me good-bye. That is so nice, yes?

~Cat

That was very nice that the cat went to the funeral. I wanted to take my dogs to my daughter's wedding but DH would not allow me!!

Dishes are another story. For everyday I have 2 different sets of Corelle, both with missing pieces. For holidays I have a cheap set of china in my china closet, service for 12. The "service for 12" was what made me buy it so I would have enough matching when company comes.

Addie, using a smaller plate doesn't work for me. I just fill it up twice! LOL I can beat any diet tip you can give me.

I have a few things going for me. I had part of my stomach removed so I can't eat very much anyway. And due to the surgery, I never get hunger pangs.

When I was told that I had diabetes, I was determined to get off the medication. So I went to the smaller plate and would not go back for seconds. I have been off the insulin medication for a couple of years now. I control it by diet alone. When I take a helping of ice cream from my freezer, I put one scoop in a custard cup. I have three different size scoops for cookie making. I use the smallest one for ice cream.

Also I have never had a really sweet tooth. I have an apple pie sitting here for Spike to pick up. It doesn't even look tempting to me.

I do make a concerted effort to not tell someone how to eat or live their lives. What works for me, may be the devil's own recipe of disaster for someone else. I just love it when the residents here are talking about what their doctor said to them. "You should go to my doctor." You should ask your doctor for the medicine I take." You get the idea.

My only advice to everyone is "Do what works for you." :angel:

Tomorrow I will be working the Pumpkin liner, a tourist train that goes to a pumpkin patch.
According to the deal I made with Kayelle, on the way home I stop at Yanni's, a Greek restaurant, and pick up dinner: Gyros, souvlaki, etc.:)

I picked up a second job. 3 x a week, Fareway foods, meat clerk. The extra $ will help with the crazy rising pricing of health care.

I have a bump behind my heel. I wrap it all of the time. Anyone else ever experience this?

Katie H is getting surgery for her heel bump on Monday.

Jeez, SB, hope things turn out OK!

Listening to the heat in my apartment come to life!

This is the first day that they have turned the heat on this season.

The smell of scorching dust on the radiators is a testament to my cleaning skills! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

As the gurgling and hissing intensifies I will need to check for leaks in the system.

Remember the Pajama Game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQdyDlSie0Q

Cooked the 20+ pound turkey that was taking up a lot of freezer space (it was done 2 hours before it was supposed to be, thank goodness for instant read thermometers). Let it rest, carved up the breast (I'm one of the crazies who doesn't like dark meat) and saved out a couple legs for DH. The remainder of the meat parts and carcass went into the stockpot with a few sorry looking carrots, some celery tops with leaves, and a quartered onion with skin on, along with as much water that would fit.

I also made gravy from the drippings. Good gravy, it's wonderful!

Cooked the 20+ pound turkey that was taking up a lot of freezer space (it was done 2 hours before it was supposed to be, thank goodness for instant read thermometers). Let it rest, carved up the breast (I'm one of the crazies who doesn't like dark meat) and saved out a couple legs for DH. The remainder of the meat parts and carcass went into the stockpot with a few sorry looking carrots, some celery tops with leaves, and a quartered onion with skin on, along with as much water that would fit.

I also made gravy from the drippings. Good gravy, it's wonderful!

You better "bank" some of that gravy for Thanksgiving, just in case! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I picked up a second job. 3 x a week, Fareway foods, meat clerk. The extra $ will help with the crazy rising pricing of health care.

I have a bump behind my heel. I wrap it all of the time. Anyone else ever experience this?

Sounds like a bone heel spur. :angel:

Better slip in a couple pieces of that breast meat, too. You know, in case the tofurkey shows up for dinner again. ;)

I keep opening up the door to the garage, just to look at it. Except for the big items (a small dresser, piece of exercise equipment, office chair, two 2-drawer file cabinets), everything has been carted off to Salvation Army! :clap: Himself knows how to get the back off the base of the chair, so we'll probably disappear that too, along with a few more boxes of stuff I'm trying to clean from the basement. I'm enjoying all of this "tidy" so much I might go on a real cleaning binge to purgePURGEpurge more stuff.

I'm debating going back to the ER (anyone who knows me here knows I must be bad off if I am even considering going there :rolleyes:). The pain from my kidney infection just shot back up and I am reacting to the antibiotic (which there was a chance I would).

Positive thoughts and prayers please for my decision. TB is out at his brother's, is not reachable at the moment and won't be back for awhile. Kay is at her own home for the weekend so I would have to get myself there and make the decision myself.

I'm debating going back to the ER (anyone who knows me here knows I must be bad off if I am even considering going there :rolleyes:). The pain from my kidney infection just shot back up and I am reacting to the antibiotic (which there was a chance I would).

Positive thoughts and prayers please for my decision. TB is out at his brother's, is not reachable at the moment and won't be back for awhile. Kay is at her own home for the weekend so I would have to get myself there and make the decision myself.

Sending positive thoughts & prayers to you!

Creating my Minion costume for Halloween.

Minion-Wallpaper-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom